The first TF show you ever watched; what would you change?

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by supernova222, Jun 6, 2021.

1. AStreetcarNamedWheeljack

AStreetcarNamedWheeljack Well-Known Member

The first cartoon I watched when it aired was Prime. I'd change the whole fucking show, starting with separating it from the Cybertron games.

2. Notomus

Notomus Unofficial Pope of Devconism

News Credits:
    Cybertron

You can't improve on perfection.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wafer

Wafer Bee427's partner in crime

TFP
    Make the show its own separate thing from the High Moon games; they're now their own things, separate from the Aligned continuity.

I'm sure I can come up with more but I haven't watched through the whole series yet so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like Like x 3
  4. Such Heroic Nonsense

Such Heroic Nonsense No!

The original and best. Sunbow More Than Meets The Eye: Part one.

And WHAT an intro! I wouldn't change a single thing, bar a couple of miscoloured characters or vocal bloopers, it's still perfection rewatching it even now:

Wheeljack and Bumblebee fishing for energon rods before the Seeker blockade ... soulful intros to Prime's dutifulness, Soundwave's sneakiness and Starscream's hunger for power, not to mention Shockwave staying behind like the jobsworth that he was.

I was instantly in love with this world, these characters, and as for the visuals of the Ark crash-landing on earth ... HOOKED!!!

[​IMG]

Hijacking of The Ark .... and a child's imagination.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  5. Magnus Leader

Magnus Leader Young Optimus Prime is the Best Optimus Prime.

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Or Optimus shooting Megatron right away when he had the chance.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Whomps

Whomps Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    First show I saw was Animated. Only thing I'd do would be greenlighting S4

• Like Like x 2
  7. SuperSunnyDee

SuperSunnyDee Sense is like cheesecake.

I think the animation in Animated could’ve been a little bit smoother. Looks a little rough in some spots.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Distant1

Distant1 Well-Known Member

In the first episode, what annoys me most from a fictional perspective is that it seems that this is the first exploration that the Autobots do outside of Cybertron (I know this is a show for kids}. To me, I would have had Optimus Prime say that a search party has located a potential fuel source on say a red planet (Mars - later in the episode the asteroid cause them to crash land on Earth and this is my reason why no search party located the missing transformers) and that they will mine energy to send back to the Autobots who remain on Cybertron. I would also have say Jazz saying Optimus you cannot go as you need to protect the Autobots here on Cybertron. But Optimus would say that the last Autobot colony was a disaster as Megatron and his elite comrades killed the entire Autobot colony bar Kup and it is imperative that Megatron does not take this new fuel supply, besides Impactor and the Wreckers can protect other Autobots who remain here for now.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Name prime

Name prime Well-Known Member

Tfp make the humans less cringe,stop making the humans do those weird faces, and make the transformation a little bit more enjoyable to watch

• Like Like x 2
  10. Girl Pants

Girl Pants aka brickonator

News Credits:
    First cartoon I watched was a mix of randomly catching G2 on TV and renting a small selection of G1 VHS tapes (plus The Movie)

Biggest thing I'd change is making the whole series available to me! I'm pretty glad that G1 was mostly self-contained outside of a few 2/3-parters because it was utter chaos as it was!

11. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would have added a season 4 of Beast Wars that wasn't Beast Machines.

jD001

• Like Like x 1
  12. Gee Won 1984

Gee Won 1984 My hyper-fuel may be a little too hyper

G1. I would fix all the animation errors, and contradicting plots some episodes had with each other and be happy with it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Heavy Unit

Heavy Unit Decepticlone

Armada
    • Don't rush the show or the dub in.
    • Trim the show down of more than a dozen episodes. You can probably tell the story with only thirteen of them, even if it probably means ditching some characters - at least I know there are some I can do without.
    • Make the Mini-Cons the results of experiments done by the Decepticons, like in the comic, and forget the connection with Unicron.
    • Make Red Alert a more prominent character. Have him fight on the frontline regularly, even after Smokescreen's introduction, to fix his wounded teammates on the spot. The Autobot HQ could be handled by the kids, the Mini-Cons or Teletraan-1.
    • Add some female presence by adding at least one fembot on the bots side. Blurr would probably be my pick for a harmless genderbend.
    • Either ditch Billy and Fred as soon as possible, replace them with two less annoying characters or have no additional human characters at all - seriously, how do you forget to write out characters you didn't like?!
    • Put more emphasis on Alexis as the human POV. Rad never really had anything interesting going and Carlos got himself into trouble too often.
    • Replace the cons' moonbase with the starship from the PS2 game.
    • Give Starscream a different English VA than Michael Dobson. He's a great Starscream, but his voice didn't work with the tragic anti-hero from Armada ; he was at his best when he voiced the ambitious traitor from Cybertron.
    • Carry over some of the Hasbro repaint designs. @supernova222 mentioned Megatron and Demolishor while, for me, it's Tidal Wave.
    • Make Hot-Shot less stout and give him a fragging neck.
    • Conceal Tidal Wave's dumb moody mouth with a mouthplate. There's at least one animation error I liked about him.
    • Keep High Wire's Japanese name, Wheelie.
    • Rename Smokescreen Longarm or Hoist, Wheeljack Sideswipe and the actual Sideswipe WhateverIdon'tevencareabouthim.
    • Oh yeah, remove Sideswipe.
    • Refer to Sureshock as a girl in the dub.
    • Picking up on what @Mako Crab said and have the bots and cons fight in more varied landscapes, like the PS2 game did.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Rodimal Magnus

Rodimal Magnus A Touch of Destiny

G1: fixed the animation errors. Done a season 2.5 to intro the movie characters more fully and explain where the season 1/2 nonmovie characters were. Done a full season 4. And most importantly: Left Optimus Prime very Dead!.

I'd have still ended season 3 with a grand send off but it would have been Optimus returning in Spirit (Spark) to help Rodimus overcome the hate plague and figure out he needed to use the Matrix to cure it. Oh and Rodimus never gets bloody infected with the damned plague because he's carrying the cure in his chest!!!! (moron writer). The episode ends with both Autobots and Decepticons attending Optimus Primes funeral and still has the earned respect moment, only its between Galvatron and Rodimus Prime.

This also means that Rodimus doesn't become Hot Rod again and does not become a targetmaster in season 4.