The first 11 pages of TF: Stormbringer

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Mr.Roboto, May 18, 2006.

1. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    Cool it.

2. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Thank you.

3. Denyer

Denyer Shooty Dog Thing

Having friends who are gay/black/whatever doesn't make someone's comments not bigoted, whether intentionally or because they're not thinking. Attaching "mouthy lesbian" -- as a pejorative, the other descriptions including "lanky weirdo" -- to a character on basis of their appearance or incidental portrayal is certainly flaming. One character is geekish, the other a tomboy. If they're gay, all well and good, but please -- less of the stereotyping.

(And apologies for the "tosser" comment -- stuff like this does particularly annoy me.)

Getting back to the Witwickies and Transformers... if writers use existing humans, it dates a story more than by retconning characters who are aliens in the first place (the TFs) so that they arrive at a different time.

Spike, Chip, Buster, Charlene, Bomber Bill, etc. are all quite heavily typed and drawn to an era -- and whilst the same's true of Hunter to a certain extent (the X-Files being a 90s phenomenon, despite the continuing popularity of conspiracy theories) it doesn't make a great deal of sense to carry over primarily just the names and set people's preconceptions about the characters.

If cartoon characters are used, people start looking for links to those existing stories, if comic, at those, etc. That's partly why it's such a pleasant surprise to see the Technobots picked for Stormbringer, who've had no really story characterisation in previous media.

4. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Buttstuff Werewolf

News Credits:
    So, uh, I just noticed this thread. And that Prime/Megatron panel. I'm hooked. I was hooked before with the 4 page preview, but I'm hooked completely now. That one panel was all kinds of cool.
    I was debating on picking up anymore Infiltration or even Escalation, but damn if this hasn't shaken my stance on "their G1 books suck". Nice to see some long terms plans laid out, I'm in for the long haul now.

5. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i just picked it up OMG it ties directly into infiltration!

(i overlooked this thread to avoid spoilers.)

6. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    couldve fooled me with THOSE comments.

*rolls eye*

chris ryall d00d,

glad to have you aboard.

personally the last thing i'd want to tell a person is how to do their job *rolls eye, again*, but hope you stick around since we've got equal amount of positive/scathing comments abound in the comic discussion threads.

hopefully youll find them constructive either way.