The FINAL Episode - Transformers Animated 42 - Endgame Part 2

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Kickback, May 20, 2009.

1. DieMaus

DieMaus is blawesome

News Credits:
    Well, well: it's the ending of Beast Wars all over again.

Decent episode, for certain, but honestly this whole finale reeked of a writing team who weren't told that they had to end the series until about two episodes before the end. Compare the pacing of "Endgame II" to that of "This is Why I Hate Machines"..."Machines" was assured and focused, teasing out plot details in a dramatic slow-burn, whereas this one was a breathless rush, cutting back and forth between this plot and the other in a desperate attempt to bring a semblance of closure to as many characters as possible, all the while hamstrung by time constraints and the need to fill an action quota. I seriously can't believe that both episodes were written under the same circumstances; if they were, then it's poor structuring on the story planners' part.

Don't get me wrong, I had a good time with it, but really, this needed to be at least a three-parter for it to have any chance of being able to breathe. It's a shame that Animated ultimately ended up getting pushed out of the door so fast it didn't have time to tie its shoelaces properly, but like I said, the same thing happened to Beast Wars, and at the end of the day I don't think any less of that series. Goodbye, TFA: it's been a whole lot of fun. :) 

2. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    awesome episode it still left a few loose ends but it was great i was really hoping the Dinobots would charge out and attack the clones and get thrashed and we woul;d here grimlick bust out one of his lines from TFTM : Me Grimlock need new Strategy :lol  and whats with not at least updating us on what happened with Ultra Magnus does he live or does he he join Prowl in as part of the all spark ? was a great final episode but it could have been better, they should have had the whole endgame as a 2 hour movie then they really could have done it properly

3. Scorpion

Scorpion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I actually like the ending quite a bit. It did leave some questions...but I think almost all series do...and in this case I think it's best to let the imagination fill in the blanks. Since the "meat" of the series was REALLY about a ragtag group of Autobots becoming heroes...this episode showed that in spades. The losers and washouts and has beens became arguably the greatest heroes of all. I think that makes for a very fitting ending.

4. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

So long Animated. You did have a great writing and voice acting team but I honestly think the LOOK of the show killed it more than anything else. Hasbro take note you have a VERY talented writing and voice team. USE them for the next cartoon but PLEASE change the style of the designs. They are just awful.

5. uncledeadward

uncledeadward Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto

Alright so there was something I didn't quite understand...
    What was the deal with Sari and the Protoforms? Apparently she knew there was a reason she needed to go to the moon with the other bots, but was that because she could finally get some sort of closure regarding her origins? Or, was the serendipitous meeting so that she could use her key gift in order to tell the Autobots how to manufacture more protoforms?

6. Embryoyo

Embryoyo Destron

Man, so many unanswered questions...
    Should have been an hour long episode for sure
    I don't see how Shockwave got beaten up so easy...
    That just didn't make any sense to me at all
    I must say I am disappointed I expected much more
    This was the first Transformers series I have liked in a looong time
    Sad to see it go, but I am looking forward to see what the new TF series will be like
    Whenever that may be...

7. Somebody

Somebody ReBoot

News Credits:
    "I knew there was a reason I needed to come here." "Here" being the Nemesis.

She needed to see the Protoforms, to give herself a bit of closure. It's a rough equivalent to seeing her mother's grave for her, since she never had an actual mum.

Uh, Dirt Boss wasn't on Dinobot Island. Remember, Scrapper was on Dinobot Island for 48 days without seeing spark nor servo of either DB or Mix.

They didn't make it out of the explosion at the end of 3aC. Scrapper's the Last Constructicon.

Because it broke five minutes earlier, remember. And it wouldn't have held against Starscream's nukes even if it had been up.

Because all their AllSpark fragments were internalised, where Starscream's was stuck in the front of his head. Indeed, given that Scrapper's melted when he came online back in "Rise of the Constructicons", it's quite possible that the Constructicons and Wreck-Gar don't have "AllSpark fragments", just Sparks generated from the energy of the ASFs.

If their fragments had been taken, they'd have been pulled up to Sumdac Tower like Starscream. They weren't, so they weren't.

8. Prime1995

Prime1995 AutoCon

Ebay:
    when will someone torrent this episode i have been dieing to see it all day

9. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

And if it fails due to hype we could be seeing it a lot sooner.

But I'm not getting my hopes up. I'm tired of being jerked around all the time by the networks, by Hasbro, by IDW, By...

10. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    Great episode. Bye animated!

11. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  12. MetaKathro

MetaKathro is a sucker for cute bots

Well I'm sad to see it go :cry : was one of the best shows I've seen since being introduced to tfs
    hopefully hasbro will pull a spin-off and the awesomeness will ensue
    once more...

13. myhobby

myhobby Back From Outer Space

the beginning was slow...
    then it got epic!
    tornadomus prime!
    megatron air duel to the death!
    omega supreme tearing up lugnut supreme no.2
    bulkhead destroying shocky's laser!
    arcee and ratchet= <3
    "optimus prime!?!"
    "ah, so you can remember my name! I'M. SO. FLATERED!"
    bye bye, prowl. we'll miss you.
    so long screamer! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

with megatron captured, the free cons will lose heart.
    back into hiding for them.

and so we say goodbye to our friend transformers: animated,
    on to transformers: revenge of the fallen!!!

14. DieMaus

DieMaus is blawesome

News Credits:
    Oh, a note about the deaths; am I the only one who found Starscream's death much better than Prowl's? To me, they both felt very abrupt and perfunctory, but while that didn't sit well with me for Prowl, I actually thought it was brilliant for Starscream. After all, Starscream's been dead since the end of Season One, and he's been cheating it ever since; the fact that he just dropped like a rock once he lost his AllSpark fragment felt deservedly brutal, as though death had finally caught up with him after all this time. And the fact that it did so just as he was returning to Earth for what he thought would be his moment of glorious revenge...it wasn't pretty, but you can't say he didn't have it coming. ;) 

15. HighPower

HighPower Member

Well, that was... kind of a let down. Painfully obvious that it was the end though. I wonder if DJW is going to blog about what *should* have been

16. SoundFire Prime

SoundFire Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    She was probably just there for the celebration of Megatron's capture/the arrival of Optimus Magnus. I doubt she's going to leave her dad behind. That would be just heartbreaking.

17. Taybrian1

Taybrian1 Active Member

I have a question. Prowl was always talking about becoming one with the Allspark and such. Is it possible that his spark is now connected to it? If it is, it makes sense. His body might be empty, but I think he's still there. If there is a season four, they should have him doing something to show that he is still there.

18. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    Um...no he wasn't, I've checked over those scenes 3 times...hes not there, even in wrong colours.
    Rodimus prime however does appear to be there on a back shot.
    An odd coloured seaspray apears too.

Don't seem to have seen any of the cassette animal bots anywhere though.

It looks like some of the bots from the Aprilfools image really were just an april fool.

Roll on the Alspark Almanac.

19. samtastic

samtastic Herald of Wheelie

First things first - Kickback, don't post this so early :p  it's buried on the second page of the site! This is FRONT PAGE NEWS! Last episode of a great show ! :bay :popcorn 

Thought it was a pretty great episode though so much was rushed and the Prowl sacrifice was confusing - as was the random starscream control of the Omega clones. And Sari's realiziation she was a protoform and had a "destiny" was very rushed.

Basically, they should have taken the story material of End Game (Parts one and two) and spread it across 4 or 5 episodes. Personally, I wished the action ultimately took them to Cybertron. At least we should have had a scene with Prime (wearing a matrix/allspark around his neck I guess) returning and being christened OPTIMUS MAGNUS. And have Ultra Magnus (who now becomes Ultra Prime I guess :/ ....) wake up and give thumbs up - too injured to resume his post. And have perceptor and Alpha Trion and the council approve Prime as the new Magnus - and then have Prime tell Sentinel there's still room for him on the elite guard - sanitation division. And I wanted to see Ratchet and Arcee smooch. :) 

Really, this was a GREAT series! And it's very clear they rushed the hell out of these last 3 episodes.

Still think "This is Why I Hate Machines" is the best ep of the whole series.

But these last two were rushed, and what we were cheated out of most of all was a proper denouement - a nice wrap up and payoff for everyone in the show. What about Sumdac? Fanzone? What is Sari doing now? Staying on Cybertron? Is she in the Elite Guard? Payoff with Prime and Magnus, Prime and Sentinel, Arcee and Ratchet... etc...

If we get no Season 4 (which someday I surely hope we do) - we should at least get a nice 2 hour movie direct to DVD that will take the story forward a bit.

The story can all be in space/Cybertron and maybe Megatron escapes when team Char attacks Cybertron and we have a good and proper epic battle with Fort Max, Metroplex and Grandus and all those awesome Cybertronian dudes we all love so much.

But if that doesn't happen - Derrick, Matt and Marty and the rest of the AMAZING TFA TEAM deserve a big round of applause! The love and the talent shows! Clearly they would have gone further if they were allowed. They just did a bang up job on what is, IMO, visually, storytelling-wise and character-wise...

...the GREATEST TRANSFORMERS SERIES EVER!

Thanks for the show, the toys and the fun! TFA will be remembered and missed.
    :bowdown: :bowdown: :thumbs2: :bay 

20. Nagaoka

Nagaoka Well-Known Member

Well we did see him. That was probably the most touching moment of the episode for me, particularly because only the viewer witnessed it. I love moments like that. If the story were to be continued then I would hope they keep Prowl's influence as a spirit small, memorable, and significant.

Prowl started this series as such an angry, self centered bot who refused to "risk his spark" for others and believed no one would do the same for him. Such a beautiful ending to his story...