The entirety of the Tom Cruise Scientology Video (you haven't seen it all) 38min!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Deception, Jan 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'm with you on your latter point, but I figured that this got a pass because there's a general perception that it's not a religion.

Now, if we had a debate about that, it might get locked. I suppose that's a little inconsistent, but that's my perception of it all.

2. domientius

domientius Well-Known Member

Scientology doesn't follow anything that religions follow. No gods, no spirituality, just some alien war criminal buried under a mountain.

All Hubbard did was rip off Lovecraft and mix in some standard sci-fi crap of the era. Cthulhu sums it up nicely, I think. How his books ended up being taken this seriously by so many is unknown... but celebrities tend not to be the smartest people to begin with.

Mind you, Scientology isn't a religion, but neither are the Church of the Subgenius(which is largely a joke) or the Church of Satan(which doesn't even worship biblical Satan, just slacking off and laziness), which also attract a lot of celebrities.

3. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Only Mods and people who want to be mods care about that rule. (Bring back the old TFW!!) (...please.)

also, lol @ craziness.

4. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

i just found out they got will smith..................seriously?! i dont care about cruise or travolta but the fresh prince?!?!?

id say thats cause for alarm right there, someone i thought was sane joined up.....

after reading up on it the past couple of days, im actually legitimately worried about it's power and influence, and the awards show propaganda speeches gives me the feeling they are about to invade poland......:( 

5. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

Draven = win :lol 

6. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    As it's been legally defined as a cult and/or business in many parts of the world, I wouldn't classify it as a religion. I'd call the Force a legitimate religion before scientology(there have been countries with enough people putting it down on the census for it to be legally classified as such, but in the end it usually gets shot down as bs.) Hell, aside from the midochlorians, it makes more sense, and doesn't involve an alien warlord shipping slaves on dc-10(or whatever model it was) airplanes through space to a volcano in hawaii.

7. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    The scientologists are quick to sue for slander, but they can't do much when it's not slander but truth, right? That, plus this video has been on a lot of news sources, and the copyright laws protect news organizations well enough to make it one tough cookie for the "Church" of Scientology.

That's exactly what I've been thinking. Of all the people most desperately in need of medications are the members of a crazy cult whose doctrines specifically forbid them from taking medication.

In fact, I recall reading a storysomeplace once where a scientologist mother denied his son such psychological care for years until he finally snapped and killed her.

Really?

*adjusts respect points +5 for Singapore*

8. QuantumShock

QuantumShock Stay for brunch ?

News Credits:
    And Beck too *cries*

9. drippy

drippy Well-Known Member

The IRS disagrees with you and donations made to the Church of Scientology are tax deductible (subject to the usual 50% of AGI limitation).

It is considered a religion in this country by the Federal government and this thread should have been over before it even started.

I'm neither.

10. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Please tell me you're kidding. PLEASE TELL ME YOU'RE KIDDING OR I WILL CRY. :( 

11. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    It's true. They got Will.

12. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :wtf:  :thumbdown  One of the more sane people in hollywood is now one of them <sigh>

13. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.