The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Thread.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by tarouza, Mar 17, 2006.

?

Which version of Oblivion did you get?

1. PC

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. 360

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. ashe5k

ashe5k Well-Known Member

If the stores don't have it in today I think my wife si goin to gnaw my arm off. She's been waiting for this game since before it got bumped back around oh, say christmas.

2. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

Cool. You and your wife can co-op play :D  !

3. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Going to get it just to check out the pretty massive world that the 360's going to pump out.
    Run around in the woods, check out the water and play with all the effects, mastering the elements, set some villagers on fire etc

Prepare for alot of slashing in the same direction a million times. Hiya hya hya

4. ashe5k

ashe5k Well-Known Member

She's got a kiler laptop to play it on. My poor PC BARELY makes the minimum specs to run this game. I don't think I'll be installing it anytime soon. I do have morrowind on my PC but I barely play it. I got sucked into Guild Wars and now I'm barely on that. Reality sucks. ;) 

5. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got it yesterday, but barley had any time to play.

6. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Saw it today. Passed. Picked up Justice League and Batman Beyond instead.

7. mrhillz

mrhillz Changed his user title. TFW2005 Supporter

I plan on picking it up on friday at best buy. I got a coupon in the mail for triple reward zone points on computer software of my choice that has to be 19.99 or more.

8. Brownstreak

Brownstreak Banned

Picked up the special edition yesterday with the guide and all that great stuff. Amazingly, after I had paid for it in full the assholes at gamestop said I still owed about 10 dollars on it. :rolleyes: 

Anyways, its a great game. Best graphics I've seen for a game so far, plenty of stuff to do and it doesn't seem as spread out as Marrowind. More stuff to do in a smaller space. The only thing I don't like about it is the way you can't steal everything like you could in the marrowind and its alot harder to get away with murder.

9. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

Played a bit last night and I love the environments! Beautiful sun and glow effects, massive forests and large landscapes. Like it so far, can't wait to play it for more than an hour...stupid weekdays and school.

10. The_Bardock

The_Bardock ****** of the Minicons

I think i'm getting it this weekend, will have to wait and see though.

11. ashe5k

ashe5k Well-Known Member

My wife has a few minor problems with some of the changes, mainly the way new skills work and the interface, but overall she likes the game. I mean she's been playing it pretty much non-stop everyday when we get off of work. ;) 

12. Misatokitty

Misatokitty The Major

Ebay:
    At least you guys can play it. My video card squeaks in on the minimum specs on the box and website... I buy the game (poof! there goes $90) and get it home... free up space... install it... and find I can't actually see anything except! If I turn everything off and dig around in the .ini file, I get unshaded/untextured/unlit walls and matt black character models. Turns out Bethesda removed support for my videocard on the day of release, according to the website. At least it doesn't lag or cache like other people with more robust systems and cards than me are experiencing.

Not just me who's been burnt by that. I know every Bethesda release has had problems, especially the Elder Scrolls released, but this is damned rediculous... if they weren't going to support the cards, why the heck did they list everywhere they did?

Maybe after a few patches it'll be good, but for the moment I've got to upgrade my video card and that's $250-350 I don't have.

13. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I bought the Xbox 360 version yesterday, and played it for a little over an hour. This has got to be one of the most visually stunning games I have ever played.

14. ashe5k

ashe5k Well-Known Member

My wife is having sound issues with it now. Nothing big, but any of the voices of people passing by is not there. Everything else is, including when you talk to people up close, but the passing by dialogue is not playing. No clue why. Apparently it was doing it from the start though. She's got the Bethesda dogs sicked on her PC now though. ;) 

My only real complaint with it, is that in both Morrowind and this game everyone is UGLY. Morrowind it was really bad, but I have yet to see anyone my wife's talked to that is even remotely attractive. I think the sound issue's a bit more important though.

Sorry to hear about the video card issue Misatokitty. I've had problems with the last 2 games I got for myself on PC. 2 different publishers but they were weird issues initially. Is there another card on the low end of the scale that's cheaper? You might want to look online. I'm betting that there's a supported one that is alot cheaper than 250 bucks.

15. Vialli

Vialli Fantastic

I agree completely it looks fantatsic.

I love the fact you can buy a horse, even though they cost 4000, I just stole one, when I got off him he wandered off!

16. tarouza

tarouza Twin Twist's Daddy

i am totally digging it so far the sheer number of sidequests are huge, nearly everything i have done so far has led off to another quest, right now i am trying to do the fighters guild and the mages guild

17. The_Bardock

The_Bardock ****** of the Minicons

Just got home and getting ready to install it, lets hope my graphics card can handle it.

EDIT:

Woot! it worked. My graphics card is kinda crappy so far away things look kinda shitty but close up it still looks amazing.

18. mrhillz

mrhillz Changed his user title. TFW2005 Supporter

I"m an hour or so into it, I think it's pretty good. Luckily, I got the hintbook for it.

19. Vector Sigma

Vector Sigma <b><i><font color=FFFF00>Crazy Colon Burner!!!!</b Veteran

I'm about 3 hours in, i've joined the assasins guild, alienated the theives guild and have yet to folow any of the main quest past giving the amulet to the priory guy...

20. Vialli

Vialli Fantastic

Where is the assasins guild located? I cant find any guilds bar the arena.

Also anyone gone looking for that Grey Fox fella?