The Earthrise Seeker mold going forward

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Scornstream, Sep 20, 2021.

1. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you check comments across the threads for the current line for the latest figures, we've had a LOT of quality issues, and for almost all of the latest figures. Between Siege and ER and now Kingdom, I can actually feel the difference in the plastic quality, the increases in the gaps and such. So you can disagree, but the numbers speaks for themselves. Galvatron arms, Track's legs, Rodimus's trailer, BA's chest tab, Cheetor's neck, very loose articulation on a LOT of figures, and so on for almost all of them, when for Siege the main one I remember was for Skytread cannon not fitting correctly in the tank mode.

• Like Like x 1
  2. gibdozer

gibdozer Censored

I'm not doubting there are QC issues. I thought you meant in terms of design. I've been lucky I guess because I haven't had anymore QC issues with the current lines than I experienced in the past(knock on wood).

Most of the problems I've encountered have been easy fix, joints too tight or too loose. For better or worse I've just come to accept that as part of collecting the mainline.

3. gibdozer

gibdozer Censored

Man MP-05...that poor guy.

In no way do I think he did a terrible job on the ER Seekers, but for what might have been... Even with the rather dated articulation I find myself playing with them a lot. Definitely helps that the transformation and alt mode are both solid.

4. imfallenangel

News Credits:
    Design, I think that aside a few that were lazy, my biggest grip isn't the designs, it's like in my signature, the "good enough it'll sell like this that a lot of figures have had (including Siege). I think that most designs have been amazing, but there's always the "why didn't they do "this"", like a missing tab that would solidify the section and make the toy go from good to great at virtually no cost.

Considering that the kits for gaps, missing weapons, etc. have been a fairly booming business, that we're at the point that the figures aren't even out yet and there's kits announced... that also speaks for itself.

5. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Those aspects I don’t mind as I like the transformation for the Classics Seeker mold. What gets me though is that just a little bit more dev time could’ve added more knee range, simple functional landing gear, maybe bicep connection for the null rays and possibly a waist swivel. I think it would’ve paid off in the long run.

• Like Like x 1
  6. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    I'll gladly stand by the opinion the ER seeker is far and away the best version of Starscream and Co. ever made (warts and all), and I don't even think it's really close (and I include all the MPs in that opinion)

• Like Like x 1
  7. DrJest

DrJest Crewdition Washout

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Pinterest:
    I have both Siege and Earthrise seekers on my shelf and really like the mix. Earthrise gave me just what I wanted for the main six and, once I got past the greebling, the Siege mold filled out the more obscure parts of the group. Since the Siege Seeker takes very well to painting, I'm sure many of us have more of them than are officially available. I'm very happy with both of them and probably won't replace these characters with future molds. While I'm done with these, I wish some of the existing releases were more available to everyone and that they'd do something with the Welcoming Committee for those who want them. For myself, I'm looking forward to seeing if the rumored Armada Starscream will be released next year and if it will be acceptable fodder for filling in gaps where I don't think the current molds would work.

• Like Like x 1
  8. gibdozer

gibdozer Censored

Nah, I wouldn't go that far lol. All the MPs and even the old Igear Raptors demolish ER. ER Seekers are fun figures and a good value for the $, but they aren't the Apex of Seeker design nor were they intended to be. Of course if you think they're the cats meow then lucky you!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Transform4Christ

Transform4Christ Well-Known Member

Maybe one day, they’ll release a Slipstream mold.

10. gibdozer

gibdozer Censored

no-soup-for-you-seinfield.gif

• Like Like x 1
  11. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    the OG MP had the poor kibble management, the 1.5 still had the weird proportions and the "head on post" look and the new 2.0 is just absurdly under detailed and puffy - the terrible Sunbow vibe taken to the nth degree (I feel like it looks more like a Macy's thanksgiving balloon then a proper TF) - and I don't count KOs.

Earthrise has problems (honestly though, the only thing I'd really change is a way to flip over the gappy cockpit chamber in alt mode and waist articulation), but it's still got the right size, right level of detailing, right weapons, right wings, right heft and just overall right look. to me anyways. :p 

• Like Like x 4
  12. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    The “could’ve beens” with it stand out too much for me to look at it that way. 1 of the best CHUG Seeker molds for sure but partially just because it’s all Hasbro/Takara left us with. Just a bit more could’ve made it much better. I know Hasui could’ve pulled it off had he not been shorted on time.

If it posed on par or better than SIEGE Starscream and had simple functional landing gear(at least for the front), it would’ve been thee CHUG Seeker for years to come to me.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    I'd still buy a few more...

G2 Starscream
    AM Thundercracker
    Nacelle
    Acidstorm
    Generic purple dood
    Navy camo Ramjet
    Fi-Tor deco Ramjet or Dirge
    Black & Gold

• Like Like x 1
  14. gibdozer

gibdozer Censored

I do like the way it looks. Very evocative of the G1 toy, I even leave the nosecone jutting out in bot mode like the original.
    20210922_200319.jpg
    It don't mean butt if it ain't got that JUTT.

I'm not an MP52 fan at all, but I do still like MP-11 because it also very much brings that G1 toy vibe.
    20210705_190354.jpg

Frankly it's a better toy than people give it credit for. Not cartoon accurate or as poseable as MP52, but MP11 looks menacing in the poses he can hit! Plus you can shake it like a baby and not worry about breakage.

Maketoys Meteor is a stellar representation of Screamer (imo).
    20190822_175720.jpg
    Some assembly required.

From what I've seen the new DS-01 looks absolutely stunning, but maybe too toon for my taste and a tad on the tall side. While I admire the engineering in his lower legs I much prefer visible tail fins in bot mode.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Racer_J

Racer_J Permanently logged out . . .

Those are my hangups as well but, I also don't care for the back of the wings (MP-52 does that vastly better while DS-01 has a better looking robot back). I get that it's MP scale but, I don't think I could have passed it up at Voyager scale even with the cartoon aesthetic mismatch for my collection. It's the same thing with XTransbots MX-4 Adaddon which is unfortunate because it's phenomenal looking. I could handle a Seeker being too tall if the aesthetic matched because it's a jet but Galvatron towering over everything (like Kingdom Rodimus by at least 2.34" in height) is too much for me (and that's why I finally decided to order Kingdom Galvatron).

16. 2fabdad

2fabdad Well-Known Member

You have been collecting transformers a while? QC and Hasbro go together like Peanut butter and Jelly.
    At 5-10$ with the occasional 20-50$ figures nobody cares. At 25-100 for MAIN characters that Everyone wants it's More Noticable. And Expensive when you have to buy 3 Rodimus Primes to get 1 to display with no QC.

17. gibdozer

gibdozer Censored

Yeah, I wouldn't be able to pass it a Voyager scale either, if I'm honest. Kingdom Galvatron is a Masterpiece in his own right imo. The best leader class figure to date.

18. imfallenangel

News Credits:
    Since they were called Microman and Diaclones.. what about you?

And I've always cared and if I take several lines for comparison as I have close to 300-400 figures at arms length, I can easily grab several Generations, Prime, RiD and more figures of Deluxe class that I paid under 10$ at the time that have zero flaws (defects)... Hell, even the Legend sized figures with defects are non-existant in my collection aside maybe one that was with loose ball-joints. Compared that to these 30+$CAD Kingdom figures that I've had parts break and that so many members have stated having breakage or flaws, it's not even in the same league. At some point, people have to stop making excuses or claim that nobody cares, because from the posts I see, a LOT of us do care.

19. gibdozer

gibdozer Censored

I must be super lucky because I've bought at least 80% of the non-exclusive releases(Seige/ER/KM)and with the exception of Jazz windshield crack I've had no QC issues or breakages. I play with my toys too, so it's not like they are lounging on a shelf. Even my Rodimus trailer closes just fine.

Yeah, I've had to tighten a few joints here and there, but I don't really consider that bad QC in Transformers. Is the awful color matching on Sunstreaker considered QC? Cause outside of Jazz that's my biggest complaint so far.

20. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, because QC issues are random, and Sunstreaker's problem is across the board.

His issue is that paints and plastic do not react to differing light levels the same way. His colours are almost perfectly matched in one condition, but one condition only: natural sunlight. Under any other scenario, often with bright white artificial lights causes completely different reactions in the two yellows, often with the plastic looking faded and the paint going a sickly "highlighter" colour. Both look rich and warm in sunlight.

• Like Like x 1