The DOTM Dislike thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Screamer55, Jun 28, 2011.

1. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Deceptipunk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube:
    Poor Ironhide.... ='(

2. Starscreamer69

Starscreamer69 Well-Known Member

It was more tragic that a warrior like him would go out undeserving of a blaze of glory. I think his death was more effect because it was unexpected and, in a way, pointless and extremely unfitting.

Also, I agree on his death not even being mentioned. What the hell!

3. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Deceptipunk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube:
    I guess everyone only remembers him for getting pissed on by a dog.... And not the countless Decepticons he smashed in to pieces.

4. Starscreamer69

Ugh, it's going to rust.
    :lol 

5. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why did there need to be two hours of Nothing to explain what could have been said in one line?

"The Decepticons are pissed. They're invading and they're going to try and use a Space Bridge to meld Earth with Cybertron"

THAT TOTALLY COULD HAVE MADE SENSE GIVEN THAT WE SPENT THE ENTIRETY OF THE FIRST TWO MOVIES FIGHTING THESE ALIENS. THEY ARE OUT FOR BLOOD.

I get that the Sentinel Prime on the Moon stuff was necessary. I understand that, but why not just make Sam part of NEST and cut out a huge chunk of unnecessary trash that didn't even end up developing into anything other than "See, yeah, you DO CARE ABOUT SAM WITWICKY".

6. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    As much as it was nice Bay went for authenticity and got Aldrin and the Nasa elite to be in the film, it sounded wooden and came off as as masturbatory towards the space program as Bay is normally towards the armed forces. No slight to any of these guys, one of them went to the goddamn moon and the others helped send a man to the goddamn moon with technology dwarfed by a common cellphone, but they're rocket scientists and space pioneers, not actors. Give them respect, but not major story exposition to deliver.

7. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

So he would have flown off and had his head explode...helping him how? The bomb was attached to him, fleeing does nothing. It's not that difficult.

Flee when a tiny human is messing around with your eye and pissing you off? No.

Flee when there is a bomb about to go off inside your head? Sure...if the bomb wasn't STUCK IN YOUR HEAD!!

8. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    It would have been a better scene had he just shrieked, flew off into the sky as sam's tether got caught somewhere and snapped, and had his head pop. The whole "I will kick you" flailing sequence was overdrawn and awkward for all characters involved. Why the hell would you put that long a fuse on a bomb?

I would have liked to see the Wreckers without their weapons drawn at some point, say, when they were supposed to be peacefully leaving Earth. Pretty minor, though.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  9. scourge88

scourge88 Well-Known Member

Carly, she felt out of place in this movie to me. I liked Megan fox btter.

The Decepticons, what the hell? All died and not a single one did anything.
    Only Laserbeak did something and that's sad.

Some parts were boring and were too long.

No emotion for Ironhide's death

Autobots too overpowered

10. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

He clearly didn't know it was a bomb, so it still makes sense to run if you have both your eyes poked out. Agreed with Aernaroth on this. Was a silly scene throughout anyway, my opinion.

11. Starscreamer69

Couldn't have Starscream just transformed and flown away? :confused: 

12. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

sideswipe got shot with the rust gun and survived...They should have cut that out

13. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

He still would have died....FLYING AWAY CHANGES NOTHING!

He's still got shit in his eyes, he's still going to be annoyed, he's still going to die. The end. Period. Done.

14. Sideswipe94

Sideswipe94 Autobot

News Credits:
    Shockwave was the most pointless, useless character in the film. He truelly did absolutely nothing. I loved the film, but the hype built up to his character made me believe he'd be up to alot of no good. That was my biggest dissapointment. Also Ironhide dieing too :( .

15. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    Fiirstly, i thought the movie was solid ~ i give it a B- versus an A- for part 1 and a D for ROTF.

So here are some of my nits.

#1. Shockwave was kind of lame. Made very little impact and his voice was so processed as to be near un-intellaginble. (and why on earth ~not that the scene wasn't spectacular ~ did he send his worm after the guys in the tower? he wasn't given any indication they were a threat, just some more anonymous fleshies, right?)

2. Why did Brains exist? why was he there? where did he come from? why was he living with Sam? why was he so annoying?*
    Seriously, Wheelie and Brains should have been cut, they had nothing to do with anything in the final equation ~ only thing you'd have to do is have Prime or Lennox's team provide the destraction to let the captured Autobots get free rather then stuff fall out of the sky.. I'd seriously have rather had the twins back with a similar amount of screen time ~ at least they could have died in battle.

*I even know the answers to most of this because i read the comic prequel and he still essentially served no purpose...

3. speaking of the captured autobots, how did they get captured (instead of just killed)? annoying plot hole. (See also: Prime combining with his trailer off-screen; that should have been the MONEY CGI shot)

4. Wheeljack/Qs head design was just terrible. In a movie full of some of the best designs in the movieverse (new Prime, Megatron and BB, Sentinel, Shockwave, Mirage) how did that even get approved.

5. Poor "geography". The movie jumped from place to place a lot without a clear indication of where we were and how much time was supposed to be passing (We're in DC, we're in Florida, we're in Chicago, we're inside, we're outside, It's day, it's night) This is one of Michael Bay's signature weaknesses.

6. The 3D when Starscream attacked the Ospreys was HORRIBLE. (which was crazy, because I'd say the 3D when he attacked the shuttle was some of the best in the movie.)

7. This was more an example of my expectations not being met, but i was really expecting a scene at a race track with the Wreckers and McDreamy. what was the point of them being Nascars? I wanted like a 'con attack on a racetrack and them to like turn from their regular car modes into the badass armored cars.

8. No Skywarp and Thundercracker. Given the scope of the invasion, and Hasbro's desire to sell toys, and the fact that they'd only have to recolor an existing model (and maybe add a new head/s) I'm pretty shocked they didn't work them in (even with toned-down decos)

9. Prime being a little overly violent. I just didn't like hearing him blurt out things like "I'll kill you all" or executing Sentinel in cold blood at the end. I think that scene would have been a little more poignant if Megatron's damage had "killed" him and Prime held him as his spark went out instead of a double-tap to the head. Maybe even a chance for Sentinel to espouse some remorse for his actions. (but i did like him putting the hurt on Megatron a the end, he had it ocming)

10. Lots of generic Decepticons that didn't really get to do anything cool. (want's a figure of a garbage truck 'con!) I also wasn't crazy about the cons using "ships" i thought those were supposed to BE 'cons in the preview. No cons really got "awesome moments" like in the first movie. EXCEPT:

11. Laserbeak ~ his character was awesome (the most effective 'con in the entire movie franchise?), but i thought his design kinda sucked. A little to comical when he should have been deadly. It also bothered me that his various alt modes never really informed his robot mode (as far as i could tell) Even though i hated Ravage's mono-eye head in ROTF, he still looked like a stone-cold killer.

12. They showed way, way too much in the previews. Almost every money shot was in the various ads.

Edit: Forgot Prime gettign stuck in the Cables. that was possibly the most idiotic thing in the movie. Did he forget he had an axe on his back or #*%*%((%($(in' SWORDS THAT POP OUT OF HIS WRISTS?!?!?!?!!?

16. kanine

kanine Active Member

Also disappointed that the Cons in the final battle were generics when we saw them scan and transform into a garbage truc,. fire truck, and possible other vehicles in DC.

17. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    Shockwave was only in DOTM to please the fans. I keep reading about how people are saying how awesome he was in DOTM, but really, I don't know how they can say that, seeing as he did jack shit. Complete waste of character.

18. Luka63

Luka63 Lukabot

Just to make it clear before I properly begin, I loved the film. I'm happy with a lot of the changes they made from the previous ones, but that's not to say it's not without it's flaws. Though they don't exactly ruin the film beyond repair, as some would say about ROTF, sadly they can't really be overlooked either.

My main gripes, much like everyone else's, are simply that the Decepticons appear to be very lackluster. Megatron's first scene had me stunned. Watching him transform, seeing that just going back into his robot mode was a struggle and labourious task for him after all his damages really struck me. Later on, we see him do away with the Lincoln Memorial and take his 'rightful place on the throne' as it were. Then there's the beat-down from Sentinel Prime, and then... he disappears? Turns up a long time afterwards looking like, as most people have said, a drunken hobo. I understand the reason why, but there's still something wrong with it. It's like he was just forgotten about.

The same can be said about pretty much all the big-name 'cons.

In the beginning, Shockwave seems set to have a confrontation with Optimus at Chernobyl. Then all of a sudden, he's gone? I'm not sure if it was the editing, but rather than it looking like he's retreating, it actually appeared as though there was a scene missing. (Something which crops up again later on, unfortunately). Then during the Chicago battle, he barely does anything. I don't actually have a problem with the way that the military attacked him. The main issue for me is that Prime takes him down so easily afterwards. Sure, the military 'softened him up' a bit, but to that degree? Where all Prime has to do is hit him once, then tear out his eye? Disappointingly lackluster.. expected much more of a fight from somebody who was slated to be essentially an unstoppable Decepticon war-machine.

Starscream and Soundwave also seem to fade in and out of the action. Soundwave doesn't suffer from this so much, but Starscream's part was also ultimately disappointing. I loved the parts where he was berating Megatron, and when he destroyed the spaceship, but then like the others he vanishes only to return for the sole purpose of being killed in an instant. Considering the damage he's taken in the past, his reaction to Sam's attack was pretty over the top.

And then.. there's the ending. Personally, I loved the conclusion in the novelisation. However, I knew before going into the film that that isn't how it was to end, and I accepted that. From a movie standpoint, a truce wouldn't have worked. But for it to all end so quickly? Optimus is a godly powerhouse, I get it, but would a real fight between him, Megatron and Sentinel be so much to ask for? Or even just a fight between him and Megatron? This is the last chance we had within this series, and Megatron goes out just like that? Heck, half the drone army put lasted longer in a direct conflict.

Sorry about the length of this post. I don't want to appear like I'm ranting for ranting's sake, or that I disliked the film. But the way they handled the big-name Decepticons just felt wrong. The way it happened to all of them, it feels as though it was a formula they decided had to be carried out. Impressive intro, awesome scene here and there, disappear for prolonged length of time, return to be easily killed. Repeat.

On a shorter note, other small things that irked me were Prime getting stuck in the cables for a ridiculous amount of time (though now that I think about it, perhaps whilst he was up there he managed to store up a tonne of kill-spree-energy, thus being able to eliminate everything in his path when he got down so easily :wink: ), Ironhide's death not being properly acknowledged by the 'bots (though that's kind of understandable), and a rather quirky sense of where some of the locations actually were (it seemed to just jump back and forth occasionally, but that might've been because of people in front being in the way of the location-subtitles :redface2: )

19. xOPtimUsZErOx

xOPtimUsZErOx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Eh, ya'll know what i mean lol.

20. Trenner Dios

Trenner Dios everything u like is dumb

Yeah, I can't decide who is more pointless: Shockwave or the Wreckers?