The DOTM Dislike thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Screamer55, Jun 28, 2011.

1. nametaken

nametaken Well-Known Member

haha. im sure someone at least asked the others to be careful where they stepped.

2. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    My only dislike is Wheeljack and Mirage being called Que and Dino. I mean, what kind of names are those?

3. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    So wait,
    Megatron does in fact die at the end? Doesn't he and Optimus fight together against Sentinel? Someone will need to explain this to me.

4. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    A lot of this movie's problems seem to have their roots in the previous two films. Had Bay never gone down the 'humans can injure Transformers' route, and had Optimus been portrayed in a more well-rounded and less sadistic fashion, or if his conduct had at least been better explained, I think the present complaints would not exist.

Fucking hilarious. I think I might just go to watch the movie after all, if only to witness this. :lolol 

5. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I think DOTM may actually have MORE ethnic stereotypes than every other TF movie put together.

6. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    Look at this post. Just look at what you did. For shame.

To contribute to the thread,

I actually liked the "tipping building" sequence, though I felt it went on far longer than it needed to. However, having a basic understanding of engineering and how physics works, when the drillwormtankthing (does it have a name?) started going to town on the skyscraper, it really didn't work for me, because that building would have crumpled like a house of cards the moment it started drilling in the real world. It really shouldn't have tipped like it did in the first place, either. Suspension of disbelief, I know.

7. Tkemert20

Tkemert20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I believe the name your looking for is "Driller", my good man.

8. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    Really? That's pretty lame. Let's add that to the list of things I dislike.

9. Tkemert20

Tkemert20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :lol  Yeah, they could've easily came up with something cool.

10. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    This thread is no longer a troll thread. It is now a thread about "things you did not enjoy about the movie"

Use this thread to vent about the parts of the movie that you did not enjoy. Remember the rules regarding trolling still apply - troll posts will be removed.

Have a nice day.

11. roy_flagg00

roy_flagg00 I want more life....

I too may also check this out just to see how bad it it.

12. Tr4nce

Tr4nce TrancEaddict

News Credits:
    I do not dislike this movie (just came back, I'm a Dutchy), but damn why do they keep introducing new Autobots while not fleshing them out? Q and Dino were cool, but damn, at least Dino has a cool action sequence.

13. MorenoVL

MorenoVL Well-Known Member

I think the film was awesome, it had some minor flaws but who cares.

Like, When Optimus and Ratchet go to the moon they travel there with the Qantium. You see it and they even say : "Xantium approaching destination"

Half an hour later when they are exiled from Earth, you're being introduced to the Xantium as if it's the first time you've seen it.
    But these are things you see and just ignore

14. Yurre

Yurre I want space nachos XD

my list:

* shockwave's roll wasnt clear
    * movie was too long, my butt hurted
    * sentinels facial hair, too much jack sparrow imo
    * sentinal in top of building activating pillar, felt too similar to the fallen/sun harvester/rotf scene.
    * some scenes or scenarios moved to quickly to fully understand.

15. The Madness

The Madness News Credits: -13

News Credits:
    Speaking of the 'Driller' sequence... I love/hate the fact that everyone is fit/heavy enough to run up a 40 degree incline to smash through commercial grade glass, and still have the momentum to make it over the crest to the leeward slope with ease.

16. binglesbot

binglesbot Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the movie, it was a blast esp having had my expectations lowered by ROTF but the thing that bugged me most was the abrupt ending. It's Bay's last movie and time to say goodbye to the franchise and I just felt that there were loose ends that needed tiding up. The final battle scene was anti-climatic and I thought the ending needed a little more closure.

17. nametaken

some? many.

WTF was up with starscream too, he gets something in his eye and freaks out for a good 5 minutes. why didn't he just fly away if it bothered him so much?

he just stood there yelling about his eye, i was like F**** dude, get over it.
    you had your arm ripped off and you didn't complain now you whine like a baby about getting poked in the eye?

18. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    Words can't really how disappointed I am in DOTM. Just to name a few things (otherwise I'll start ranting):

- Ironhide's death
    - The "come and go" of robots (Dreads, Q, Wreckers)
    - Sam's bitchiness
    - Sentinel Prime's weak and cardboard character and background
    - The entire film

19. Stryker055

Stryker055 Trying my best here!

Ebay:
    Just back from the film, here are my dislikes:

1) Too Long.
    When I first heard critics talking about how long it was, I was like "silly critics, can't hold your pee?". But then I saw it and struggled to hold my urine for two hours. I also began to check my watch around the time
    Barricade (yay!) got sniped.
    The Chicago battle just dragged on and on. Several scenes could have easily been omitted for time, as this was almost grueling.

2) Worthless Characters (re: CARLY).
    Yes, Michael Bay, Rosie is very pretty, but we don't need a pan-up of her body every ten minutes. Her "introduction" was ridiculous. Not to mention Rosie is a horrible actress, but I expected that much. Her character served no purpose aside from being a sex object and a damsel for Sam to save. Hate to say it, but I kind of wish Megan wouldn't have left. Even her [very] limited acting skills would be preferable, despite her plastic looks.

Also, Malkovich needed more screentime. Better yet, he should've switched roles with Dempsey; he'd make a perfect Dr. Arkeville. Jerry Wang (I refuse to call him "deep"), while not as bad as I expected from all the criticism, was still unnecessary.

3) Give the Robots Some Character, Please.
    Probably one of the most memorable scenes from the film was the "Mexican Standoff" between Ironhide and Sideswipe and Crowbar and Crankcase. Why? Because you actually felt like the Autobots were characters and not plot devices. Ironhide had his distinct personality that was only touched on in the previous films, and while Sideswipe still didn't get characterization per se, he still felt like a living, sentient being. Unfortunately, that's more or less all we get outside of the two Primes and arguably Bumblebee.

Starscream's role was, I admit, decent. He had a great many lines and he did stuff. But he wasn't Starscream. Starscream is Megatron's treacherous second in command, always looking for a way to usurp his leadership. Here we have a cowardly, sychophant slave to Megatron. Not even a hint of the trademark treachery that comes with the territory (which, I will say, was greatly fleshed out in Reign of Starscream). His death didn't bother me too much, but he did go out like the weakling he is. I did see it as rather fitting, though, because Sam and Starscream always seemed to have a grudge throughout the trilogy.

Dino looked cool. His voice was pretty neat. He probably would've been better named Mirage, but that's behind us now. Other than that, he's Sideswipe. They're like clones; cool car, cool blades, likes to fight.

The rest I was actually surprised with. Ratchet got a decent amount of screentime and a few lines. Que I actually quite liked (I like this name better, as well, considering the character) and he had some good lines. The Wreckers, as well, despite they were never named. Shockwave I wish had lines, but he did what he needed to do; throw off the audience from the real villain. Soundwave was fine, but again, had no personality.

4) HE'S LEONARD NIMOY. WE GET IT.
    Seriously. We don't need a quote ripped from Star Trek to remind us. (Though the foreshadowing at the beginning was great.)

5) Oh Megatron, How You Have Fallen.
    Ugh, I was really hoping Megs would redeem himself from ROTF. He has a pretty neat introduction, but did nothing else throughout the movie except his crappy death. Which leads us to...

6) The Final Battle.
    I'm going to say it now: the book's ending was better. However, I see now why it wouldn't have worked. The movie didn't get Megatron's internal monolouge throughout the story like the book did, where it foreshadowed his turnaround at the end. In the film, that would have just been silly. But why the heck did he just randomly spout "I WANNA TRUCE"?! It's like they wanted to keep that plot point, but they had to have Optimus kill Megatron. It didn't make sense in the context, and it was just silly. I did like the "What would you be without me, Prime?" "It's time we find out." Aaaand then he went down like a weakling. At least Starscream lasted longer...

7) Optimus Prime.
    He ripped Shockwave's throat out of his neck. He ripped Megatron's spine out of his body with his own head. He brutally killed Sentinel by spamming him with a shotgun. All with one arm. I know he's supposed to be the unstoppable badass, but "We'll kill them all."? Really? That's not what you're supposed to hear from the noble Autobot leader. I wouldn't be surprised if he kept Megatron's head, Shockwave's eye, and Sentinel's helmet for his trophy collection.

Okay, that's all for now. I need to get some sleep...

20. nametaken

to be clear i did not hate the film i only had some problems with it.
    its a good turn your brain off and have some popcorn movie.

but im glad i read the novel and comic first otherwise i'm not sure i would have got some things because they just glazed over stuff.

like the megatron and carly speech. since megs is hardly in the film i'm not sure i would have understood why he was moping in an alleyway. film didn't explain that aspect well.