The Disgruntled Web Tamashii Exclusive Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Luffy, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Luffy

Luffy Lazy Yamato fanboy

News Credits:
    As some of you may or may not know Bandai's been releasing alot of figs and or accessarys that should be packed with them exclusively at Tamashii Webshop. Well today they've really gone over the line. ngeekhiong reported that the Bulk of the SOC Big O's accessarys are being released on that website. As well as some other items from other lines that SHOULD see a retail release. Its really starting to piss myself and others off. The purpose of this thread is not only to vent and discuss but, also help out fellow collectors find these items from reliable places. Like Toy-wave Which is carrying various goodies form the webshop.

2. Deadpool.

Deadpool. I want my bird.

News Credits:
    Same thing's happening with SHfiguarts... Seems like Bandai's suddenly raping the Exclusives route endlessly. :/

3. Mxprime

Mxprime Banned

Over the line? Sir you should what they're doing to the Kamen Rider Figuarts, almsot half of all released figuarts in the next couple of months ARE EXCLUSIVES D:

4. QuantumShock

QuantumShock Stay for brunch ?

News Credits:
    And so does SIC Kiva Emperor Form.

5. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Yeh I think the rider fans are having it worse than the SOC fans.

6. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have no idea about Bandai's current strategy too...unless the company solely wants to focus solely on the Japanese market. Doesn't make sense, even if they want to ignore the "western" market (e.g. US and Europe) like in the past few years, it doesn't make sense to the rest of Asia such as HK. And yeah, I'm cheesed off because of the Exia Repair parts! BLAH!

7. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    Don't you have a contact in Japan who can get some, LP?

8. delta7890

delta7890 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As someone who was really fucking excited for Big-O and gladly paid to preorder in full (which I can't refund unless I want to lose about half my cash) I'm really quite stewed about the Webshop set. I've had a feeling for some weeks that the O-Thunder parts would be sold separately, but the car and chains and extra hands and stuff too? And for $65 plus whatever fees and shipping I'd have to pay?

It's fucking outrageous, but what can we do? The way I see it, nobody wins. If people buy the set, they're supporting it. If only a few people buy it, then doesn't that justify the limited nature of the webshop release? And if no one buys Big-O at all, won't that discourage Bandai from releasing more obscure, but awesome items in the future? I really don't know what the answer to all of this is. The sad fact is that through all of this, Bandai isn't taking into consideration the global market for these products at all.

Can they afford to do this? I don't know what the figures are for action figure sales and the like. How many people buy these in Japan compared to how many are purchased around the globe? I'd assume they're really hurting their chances by at least excluding the other Asian markets. The cold reality is there's probably no way for our collective voices to be heard by the folks who have power over this system, and I fear this "Tamashii Webshop" business is going to get far worse before it gets better.

9. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    The import shop I frequently visit actually MISSED out on the first pre-order. They managed to get the other more expensive exclusives but miss out on this "cheaper" exclusive!

I'm trying to ask around my contacts if they can get me 1 or 2 sets now. Blah! I can understand if Bandai wants to make the Gadassa an exclusive but the Exia repair parts doesn't make sense - especially with the new GN blade. I suspect this set to be easierly available in the coming months though. Another exclusive that I'm cheesed off is Kiva "Emperor" form! Why, Bandai? Why!?!?

10. delta7890

delta7890 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The trouble with working through a middleman is that you're guaranteed to pay at least $20 or more in fees and shipping within Japan, and most services only ship EMS, the most costly shipping service. A $35 figure can easily become $70, 80, or even 90 after all is said and done.

11. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    Liger!! The second pre-order for R2 starts today!!!

12. Dremare

Dremare It's pronounced "dreh-mare"

Goddamn exclusives!? Why have you started down this route, Bandai!? D:<

13. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Yeah, I have really no idea why Bandai is excluding the other Asian markets. From what I observed, they're wary of the US market but it doesn't make sense to exclude HK, China, Singapore, Taiwan etc.

Yeah, I agree. That's why I'm thinking really hard on the Robot Damashii Galahad. As amazing that figure is going to be, the US$75-90 (depending on the exchange rate) is scaring me off!

I know! That's why I'm checking it out!!! :D 

Here's the link for the Tamashii web exclusives that MOCK us!!! XD

http://p-bandai.jp/tamashiiwebshouten/

14. QuantumShock

QuantumShock Stay for brunch ?

News Credits:
    I can understand Japan alienates this god forsaken place, shun HK, SG, Taiwan and other popular asian countries is just insane, don't want to live ?!

15. Luffy

Luffy Lazy Yamato fanboy

News Credits:
    I know the same thing is happening with the Robot Damashii line. With the Exia R1 and R2 parts (which were already brought up) their also releasing The Gaddess and Regent as exclusives. I can kinda understand the parts because it keeps the cost of the fig down and the Regent being a larger fig would cost alot more. However, theres no excuse for the a reg edtion Gaddess AND one with boosters to be exclusives.

16. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

I've fallen pray to the Tamashii Exclusive DX Super Packs for Alto's VF-25F.

I will NOT do the same for Alto's Armored Pack (besides I'm already getting Ozma's).