the difference in quality between the Tf movies and Marvel movies is sad

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by roy_flagg00, Aug 2, 2014.

1. roy_flagg00

roy_flagg00 I want more life....

Just saw "Guardians of the Galaxy".

:cry 

Why can't any of the transformers movies come close to this level of quality? Bay's movies are a disgrace.

2. Autobots14

Autobots14 I'm pregant Trevor

And again why are we comparing these movies? They're all different geez. I like Marvel but whats the point making a lot of movies every year that just means they're greedy for money and while DC are just patient for Justice League and Batman v Superman

3. MasterZero

MasterZero Taking a Break

ANY movies compared to the Marvel series lose. Apes, Transformers, DC, Star Wars, the works.

Marvel is dominating.

4. roy_flagg00

Transformers started as a marvel comic book. There is definitely enough material to draw from to make a solid movie. What we have gotten is 4 movies with such a lack of quality and depth that they are embarrassing to watch. People love to say they are "popcorn" movies, and so they are allowed to be crap. "Guardians of the Galaxy" proves that statement to be utter bull$hit. None of Bay's Transformers films come close to it in any respect, with the exception of CG, and even there "Guardians" still wins.

5. Galvatron III

Galvatron III Decepticon God!

Here we go again...

6. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    When 'Let's be Cops' comes out, we should totally compare it to Age of Extinction...

7. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    Ugh yet another pointless "why can't the TF movies be this" thread. The answer? Because they're. Not. Marvel. They're Michael Bay's TF movies. Take it or freaking leave it

8. Autobots14

Okay I understand that Marvel is better than Marvel but so what Transformers are fun movies to watch despite with a bad plot, bad humor and acting I love Bayformers they're entairning.

9. roy_flagg00

Bay's white knights appear!
    Please, continue to tell everyone why these crappy transformers movies are beyond criticism.

Sarcasm aside, Transformers began as a Marvel Comic, so it is completely valid to compare these films to other marvel films. Please explain why my statement is not true?

10. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Absolute lie. Transformers started as a toy franchise where the fiction came as an afterthought.

11. MasterZero

There are Marvel Star Wars, Eminem, Chuck Norris, Care Bears, Rocky and Bullwinkle, and Muppets comics.

Wanna compare the Rocky and Bullwinkle live action movie to Transformers?

12. TheSpartanD

TheSpartanD Minicon Orphanage Owner

Because Marvel films have roughly 75 years of lore to work from while Transformers has less than 30 years of lore (Transformers hasn't been a continuous brand remember), also if you want to be technical Transformers began as a Takara toyline being imported to the west by Hasbro- the original Transformers comic was pretty much separate from the rest of Marvel's work as well.

I'm also not a white-knight for Bay, but I don't go into Transformers films expecting a masterpiece like some people do.

13. Goldenclaw55

Goldenclaw55 Combaticon

News Credits:
    Didn't we just go through this?
    [​IMG]

14. Autobots14

Hey everybody let's compare Transformers to the Hobbit despite they're different films

15. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    Nobody is saying that nor are we white knighting for Bay. We're just sick and god damn tired of people comparing these movies to other movies

16. fallen_revenge

fallen_revenge Movie News Addict

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    :lolol 

17. MasterZero

There's nothing wrong with comparing the movies to other ones, in of itself.

But it has to work. You have to stay specific parts an specific things.

For example. I will compare Real Steel and Transformers. SPECIFICALLY, Bumblebee and Atom both being 'silent' characters.

Despite possibly not even being alive, Atom is a more lovable 'child' character to me than Bumblebee. Atom has a perpetual smile cut into his face, but rather than look scary, he is adorable. His accidental knocking over of objects is not dwelled on, just a funny little joke to see as he runs around, following Max and Charlie like a puppy. Bee, on the other hand, relies on radio clips and over exaggerating emotions. Which is cute and funny at times. His rage over Stinger is one of the best parts of the movie. But I prefer Atom's inability to show emotion and his more subtle (arguably not there) sentience.

[​IMG]

I pointed out a specific thing, and showed why I think that. Others have the right to disagree and give me their points on why they disagree. Go ahead, if you want to compare movies, but you have to point things out , bring in details, and explain your points.

That said, put on fucking spoiler tags if need be. I have not see GoTG yet, nor have others.

18. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    I don't want to join in anymore :3

19. Lord Person

Lord Person housequake!

News Credits:
    Marvel Studios make quality films because they take risks.

Example: Joe & Anthony Russo, the only big thing they did was Community, and some other flick, then guess what ? They knock it out of the park with the Winter Soldier.

Paramount Studios are the opposite:

They chose Michael Bay cause he makes a spectacle and people will flock to his movies regardless of wether or not they like him.

If Paramount would take risk and chose a director that values the Lore, Characters, Story, and Action, this thread/discussion wouldn't exist.

20. Sir Spamsalot

Sir Spamsalot Well-Known Member

You gotta remember that most people are completely fine with the story focusing on humans or at least human like things. But for most, dramatic robot centered stories and dramas is just taboo.