The DEFINITIVE MP Optimus Prime.

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cosmosis, Mar 10, 2021.

1. gibdozer

gibdozer Censored

My vote goes to Magic Square, if you play with your toys. Figure is an absolute joy to handle. He's lightweight, extremely poseable, easily transformable, and doesn't feel at all fragile. I don't think MS did as good with the hands as TE or MP 44, but that's really my only complaint. I even decided to pass on the 44 KO because MS delivers everything I want in an Optimus. Honestly though I don't think any of the MP Prime options are bad.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Haydenite

Haydenite Ratchet Joints

I actually had this one, 2 of them actually, one was all red and the other was red and blue.

the chrome is good and the transformation is super lame, just flip the arms and head in. spin the waist and push the feet in. plastic is horrible !!
    super basic but for $2 can't expect too much.
    the only thing good I got out of it was the chrome grill and exhausts which I used on another KO robotmasters Prime.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Haydenite

Haydenite Ratchet Joints

I would love a upscaled G1 toy. that looks exactly like the G1 but with some better articulation.

I know there was like a Korean version somewhere along the way but the price of that is ridiculous.

I think there are alot G1ers that would buy buy MP sized G1 figures modernized.

4. Cosmosis

Cosmosis Well-Known Member

Honestly, I think it might be worth it to pick up both a masterpiece scale figure and Optus Pexus. Not only is it a great figure, but it might look nice as a pre-matrix figure when compared to the larger one.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    The only things that really came into play for me were whether or not the cab had the silver stripe around it, lighter color on his legs, etc. All stuff that really are nitpicks about leaning more heavily toward the show than the figure. Not really that important.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cosmosis

Cosmosis Well-Known Member

Thanks to everyone who's responded so far, I never expected this would get as much attention as it has. Seems to me like there isn't truly a wrong figure to buy, since each has it's perks. I'll probably end up getting TE and Pexus, but I wouldn't be upset with any of these figures.

That said, someone else comes first for me...

Attached Files:

7. MrJoshimusPrime

MrJoshimusPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For me Transform Element OP Leader is my definitive version of a Masterpiece styled Optimus Prime. The transformation is not a nightmare like MP44, the price is good depending on where you get him, and the quality of top notch. Oh and there's no backpack.

• Like Like x 1
  8. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Haha...same here. MP-01 is still the only MP OP I own.

As for a definitive MP OP, I say pick the aesthetic you prefer and go for it. There are lots of options out there.

9. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    I wouldn't argue with that.

• Like Like x 2
  10. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    Seems the G1 answer is a split, something like:
    Mp44 -50%
    TE-01 - 25%
    MS-01 - 15%
    Mp10 - 10%

11. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:

12. gibdozer

gibdozer Censored

I've never been big on Cartoon Accurate. My childhood was the comics and toys. Sure I watched the cartoon when I could and enjoyed it, but it was never really representative of the toys. MS feels like a toy, he's actually fun to handle that's why I like him. My imagination has taken a hit as I've grown older and the MS Prime feels like he's willing to meet me half way.

• Like Like x 6
  13. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe Is it...Safe???

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Mp44 for me all the way! Don’t care at all for the 3p options and I while I like mp10 a lot he is very dated in both aesthetics and articulation. Plus he really needs an upgrade kit for his hands and gun at least...
    652991E3-A852-4536-9A79-DE1A0DB329AB.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  14. evilwithin

evilwithin Dinobot

I say TE01. It's sooooo solid.
    It's a bit too cartoon accurate for my tastes, but quality is overwhelming.
    Transformation is relatively complex but rewarding.

• Like Like x 3
  15. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If I was going for a single display piece it'd be the oversized MPP-10. The proportions are better than on MP-10 and it just screams premium... Despite being cheaper than MP-10.

If I was to buy it again though I'd go for the battle-damaged version.

thumbnail.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  16. gibdozer

gibdozer Censored

Yeah MPP10 has the same "corrected" proportions as the MP10v. A simple fix that improves the aesthetic immensely. The proportions on original MP-10 bothered me so much I sold it off just a few months after I got it... Probably the only MP Prime I wouldn't recommend.

• Like Like x 1
  17. toretilo

toretilo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For a standalone, and not needing complete g1 accuracy, you can go for a big one like MPP10 or MP01 or any one that catches your eye, but if not, it may depend on which figures you're going to display it with.

I like to have robot families with similar aesthetics, I love MP Soundwave, MP Prowl, MP21 Bumblebee or MP08 Grimlock (I have OS Reximus instead), and I also have Apollyon instead of MP Megatron, so my MP Ops must be MP10.

If you want it to go with MP45 Bumblebee, MP Hound and MP Sunstreaker you should go with MP44. I think that's the best one to fight MP36 Megatron too.

MS (if you find a good priced one) or TE can work both ways. For me all of the options are good figures, so it's up to which one you like better and if you want to have a cohesive group.

18. MagnusAfterDark

MagnusAfterDark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Having MP 10, MP 44, MPP10, and MP1, I like MP44 the best. I do like the proportions and look of mpp10 between than mp10 though. I'm getting TE-01 soon, so maybe he'll change my mind.

19. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    Te-01 is in my mp display i have mp49 and i do like it but i still prefer the transform element mold i think it blends in better ( for me ) with my mp display than the mp44 mold does

however my definitive prime(s) which are both ko's -- the oversized mpp-10 with it's fixed proportions and new grill in robot mode and lewin resources huuuuuuuge prime which is basically the mpp-10 ko just made bigger , if the mp10 ko at mp scale had been released with those fixes that would be in my main mp display

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  20. MagnusAfterDark

MagnusAfterDark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am curious, why is mp 10s grill like it is? Anyone know the intent there?