The Definitive G1 Collection in UK

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by User_136440, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Was just about to post my local Smith's sighting as I saw a copy as I nipped in this morning to post, and still glad I'm out! (Until they drag me back in with a collected G2!)

• Like Like x 3
  2. scamper

scamper Well-Known Member

doesn't seem to be an problem this week - managed to pick up dissolution from Smiths..

• Like Like x 1
  3. Meddysong

Meddysong Member

Twitter:
    Yes, likewise, which I think is an extraordinary state of affairs 68 issues into the collection.

I returned from holiday a few days ago to find two Hachette deliveries awaiting me. Could it be that they're finally getting subscribers' issues out on good time instead of running a massive delay? After all, we're now three weeks past the release of issue 70, so you'd like to think that 69 & 70 had been sent out.

Of course not. They'd sent me an extra delivery of 61 & 62 from April:

[​IMG]

More than that, they've charged me for it too: a check of my bank account shows a deduction of £39.96 last month.

This has already been the most shambolic service I think I've ever been involved with but the taking of a fairly substantial sum out of a person's account when they're not entitled to it really is beyond the pale. So I think this is the point where, after sending them an email which they'll presumably fail to action, I bow out.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Runamuck86

Runamuck86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    disgraceful !!!!
    i remember the problems i had ordering 10 back issues in the early days . They cashed the cheque for over £100 and never sent anything . Had a real battle getting my money back .

Sorry you have had this happen

• Like Like x 3
  5. Meddysong

Meddysong Member

Twitter:
    Oh, guess what I'd forgotten?

[​IMG]

They've already sent me those issues before!

They'd been missing for a couple of months so I emailed Hachette. By chance, the missing ones appeared the next day, so I emailed them again to explain that I no longer needed the issues, since they had arrived. They acknowledged receipt of my email ... and then another delivery appeared a couple of weeks later! And now they've decided that two issues of each weren't enough, so I must want a third set, which they've kindly charged me for.

How this operation is making any money, I don't know. I can't imagine how hard it must be to be so bad!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Bugste81

Bugste81 Ste

So the run has been extended to 100 issues. Any indication if this contains all the Hasbro cross-overs etc. but more importantly any indication of what the big picture on the spines will show?

7. Tomontherun94

Tomontherun94 Well-Known Member

I believe Furman said it would include Revolution, Revolutionaries and First Strike at least alongside the rest of OP, LL and Unicron. He also hinted that we would get a few of the Marvel bits left out like the movie adaptation, The Gift and G2. The spine however? No idea.

• Like Like x 4
  8. batfan007

batfan007 Double the Dragon

News Credits:
    Thanks for the info. I get the Oz version (same books, just staggered many months behind) and of course we got no info whatsoever in this country. Some poeple who paid and ordered /subscribed don't even get the books - unless they pester the company enough to send them.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  9. galvatron1701

galvatron1701 cassette

I spoke to Furman at TFN about the spine art; he wouldn't give me any details, but did say that he thought that the artist had done a "fantastic" job at integrating new characters into the art.

• Like Like x 1
  10. batfan007

batfan007 Double the Dragon

News Credits:
    Super annoying not knowing what might / might not be incorporated post vol #80 (is that confirmed, or just a rumor?)

I'd like to be buying more IDW trades from recent years right now, so I don't miss out on them altogether when they are no longer in print. But I don't want to end up with doubles if they are reprinting some of the same stuff in the "definitive" lot.
    Why are companies so stupid about this sort of stuff? Do they not know? Are they negotiating possible rights for those other potential IDW later stories?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Miragen

Miragen Dinobot Warrior

Hi, can anyone please tell me which volumes collect marvel comics issues 1-24? Thanks!

12. paulbyrnewex

paulbyrnewex Member

• Like Like x 2
  13. Child0fTheMind

Child0fTheMind Well-Known Member

What would be the most cost efficient way to go about getting these for someone in the US?

14. saucesmithco

saucesmithco Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So, has anyone had any luck with finding out if they will be getting more stock of sold out issues? Namely (for me):

55 City of Fear,
    59 Smelting Pool
    62 Time Wars

I don't suppose you still have a spare copy of Time Wars going, Meddysong? Can pay cost and P&P.

15. Bugste81

Bugste81 Ste

Should we wait until 80 issues? No why do that!
    upload_2019-12-16_22-1-26.png

• Like Like x 2
  16. Bugste81

Bugste81 Ste

Anyone been able to pick issue 80 up today? Forbidden Planet didn't have it in!

17. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Picked up mine okay today from the newsagent that orders it in and saves it for me.
    Does that include retail releases?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So Issue 80 is out today and we still dont know anything else about the extension? I wouldn't expect anything else from Hachette

• Like Like x 1
  19. Tomontherun94

Nah, I order mine online from FP and haven't had 79 or 80 charged or dispatched yet

20. Tomontherun94

There's been nothing from Hachette themselves but the first 5 vols of the extentions are up on Forbidden Planet. Judging from the book names and vol numbers on the cover Revolution and Revolutionaries are Vols 81-82 and G2 will be split over 3 vols, 89 - 91 with 89 being the GI Joe Issues (possibly with the original Joe Vs TF to round out the page count?)