the complete marvel cinematic universe thread

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Crazy Ramjetty, Jun 1, 2012.

1. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    The TVA won't have anything to do with time travel in the MCU after this week. There's no way to say that they even would get to Steve before the events of Loki take place.

You're ignoring the actual logic laid out by the movie to create a stable time loop where one literally can't happen, and you're ignoring the characterization to do it.

2. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    The TVA was aware of the events of Avengers endgame, they can literally travel to any time and any timeline however there was no branch on their monitor for your alleged timeline where Steve ended up. Your ignoring what is literally shown in the mcu. Currently in the mcu there is one single timeline meaning old Steve from endgame has to have come from the main timeline because he was never pruned and again "everything the avengers did was supposed to happen" including Steve going back in time and living out his life.

I'm not ignoring any logic, I'm actually using evidence shown in the mcu to support my idea where you're just saying I'm ignoring logic and applying your own bias about Steve's character

• Like Like x 1
  3. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    My only experience with Wiesz was the first two Mummy films where she played Evie opposite Brandon Frazier. Based on that I think she's a good enough fit for action-oriented films and she's a good actress.

• Like Like x 3
  4. DutyBeforeAll

DutyBeforeAll Well-Known Member

Well then where the hell did old Steve come from then?
    Just answer the question of where a Steve Rodgers that lived through WW2, getting frozen and woken up, joining the Avengers, Fighting Thanos, and going back in time, marrying Peggy, and living most of a century to give Sam his Shield came from and we’ll say your interpretation of events is the correct one.

The time loop theory answers all those questions, what’s your pet theory?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, the only real way to explain this is the time loop theory with the events being intended to have happened. There's really no other way for old Steve to show up the way he did at the end of Endgame otherwise.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Daelo88

Daelo88 Banned

Anyone else thought Rachel Weisz rocked her Black Widow outfit?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Spoilers for black widow
    it also reconciles red guardians claim of fighting captain America in the 70s/80s without making him a delusional idiot, which he really wasn't portrayed as

• Like Like x 1
  8. DutyBeforeAll

Well, they could always do a prequel movie in the seventies with Pym Antman and maybe another Captain America?

Nothing says that they just stopped trying after a couple attempts to recreate him.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's kind of weird how the movie cuts off at the end
    Natasha appears to be about to surrender to the military. Then we see a gap of 2 weeks and now she is not a prisoner and blonde. Is this setting up a sequel to explain those 2 weeks if this movie does well?"

Also, I can't tell if the decision to explain the secret origin of Nat's vest is meant as a parody of prequels that always feel COMPELLED to explain every little thing. Like did we REALLY need to know the story behind why she was wearing a vest in Infinity War?"

• Like Like x 1
  10. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Also a definite possibility

Yea. I didn't like that either, was really odd

• Like Like x 1
  11. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    Spoiler alert: she ded. All her people juice runned out.

• Like Like x 1
  12. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    I just saw it tonight and was thinking the exact same thing.

13. bearytrek

bearytrek Unicron Backer #1...

News Credits:
    well we did get the origin of Wolverine's jacket and motorcycle...

14. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    Just popping in here to say that if want to keep watching the MCU but have been skipping out on Loki, don’t, as it sets up the groundwork for the next phase of the MCU. It really is the most important chapter of the new era we are entering and pushes into focus the next big conflict that will unravel over the upcoming years.

• Like Like x 2
  15. DutyBeforeAll

I’m gonna binge it and the wandavision and Falcon and winter soldier when they’re all finished.
    Just Loki left.

16. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    Loki’s finale is up now.

17. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    What do you mean? He traveled back to his original timeline after living his life. Just like the Avengers traveled back to their timeline after the time heist.

Endgame explains multiple times how time travel works, there are no stable time loops. You cannot effect the past of your own timeline. Unless you're trying to argue that every Peggy in the multiverse is married to an alternate reality version of Steve (who doesn't care that her organization is being infiltrated by their sworn enemies and will clandestinely murder hundreds of people over the next seventy years).

18. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Through endgame there is no multiverse as the TVA destroys all variant timelines, this is explicitly shown in Loki. Also, the TVA is aware of the events of Avengers Endgame and the time heist, this is also shown in Loki. The only way that it is possible for Steve to have lived his life to become an old man is if he remained in the "Sacred Timeline" and didn't become a variant. You are ignoring what the MCU explicitly says and further explanation of the rules via Loki in favor of your own interpretation of the rules

and considering we are confirmed for getting a season 2, I'd say your claim here is flat out wrong

Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    The real issue here is that Endgame's version of time travel is a piss poor one and the "awesome Russos" didn't think it out very well. So now later writers/directors are haning to elaborate on how this shit actually functions. Especially when it comes to how old Steve shows up at the end having lived his life into old age. He didn't reappear on the platform so he didn't travel back "to the future" after living his life. Plus, based on what we now know about the TVA and how it works... a variant timeline created by Steve "living his life" would have been pruned.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Fenrys

News Credits:
    And as to how he could live his life sitting on the sidelines, the tva would prune a branch when Steve stepped out of his lane to change things

• Like Like x 1