the complete marvel cinematic universe thread

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Crazy Ramjetty, Jun 1, 2012.

1. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Don't get me started on IM3. They completely wasted one of the best IM villains and turned him into a joke. Then because of the backlash, made one of those marvel shorts, and had "the real mandarin" threaten Trevor in prison. Such a waste.

• Like Like x 3
  2. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Justin Hammer 2.0 lol

3. MegaPrime33

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Another example of a character they'll never use again. Rockwell was amazing.

• Like Like x 1
  4. smkspy

Yup, amazing and totally under utilized as a villainous character. I actually started IM2 on Amazon prime the other night and couldn't make it past the race scene.

We're lucky that the movie was enough of a hit to push the MCU forward. It is an awful film.

5. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    Yeah, having recently just watched it, the acting is a little too over the top in places.

6. MegaPrime33

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    It for sure has its faults, but I actually like it, especially when you compare it to other flops like Dark World, IM3, and Antman and Wasp.

7. smkspy

Just goes to show how movie opinions are just that, opinions that no one should take offense towards.

I vastly prefer dark world and AnW to IM2/3.

DW is just a decent SHM movie to me, kinda like CM.

AandW is pure fun in the same vein of T:Rags. I'm always playing on Netflix as a background show while I do stuff around the house just stopping every now and then to enjoy some of my favorite scenes. Truth serum!!!

Im2/3 are pretty much watchable for me cause they're pretty everything I never wanted from an I'm movie. Hence the Robert Downey Stark meme. IRCC I'm in part 2 has the same scene time as Optimus in the last knight about 15 minutes. IM3 is a cluster fuck of about 5 important IM comic story lines compressed into one movie.

8. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    AMatW is also still the 11th highest-grossing film of 2018 (a year where the top 5 made over a billion each). Far from a flop.

The bottom of my Marvel pack divided into a few sections. 17 and 18, Dark World and IM2, are movies I actually think are fine, there's just a lot of competition for the higher spots and they don't stack up against it. I'd watch them if they were on (and FX plays the Dark World often), but I wouldn't seek it out.

19, The Incredible Hulk, is a movie I don't really consider to be part of the MCU anymore. Not only is Bruce now played by a different actor, he is played like a completely different version of the character. Not to mention the one continuing cast member from that movie hasn't actually acknowledged that he was in it. It's a net zero. If I ever saw it on I would maybe catch the first bit for posterity, but I hardly even see it on TV.

20 and 21, IM3 and Captain America: Civil War, are movies I actively dislike watching, and I think they're mainly missteps. I would watch them if I had to (I used to watch Civil War for my Black Panther fix before his movie, and I was prepared to see it again during my pre-Infinity War marathon before my friends convinced me to just watch Doctor Strange if I disliked it so much).

9. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

Worst Marvel movies for me:

Captain America 1
    Dark World
    Incredible Hulk
    IM3
    GotG2

10. MegaPrime33

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I've seen/heard others say they didnt like Cap 1. I liked it a lot actually and believe strongly it is a great film. The rest of your list.......accurate.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Rodimus Prime

BTW, if mods want to delete this, I understand, but I found it neat.

This guy is a congressman , and lost an eye serving in the military. He showed his glass eye recently.
    dd8eeebed9cd9e814098fd3e1c819bbe.png

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
  12. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku “This is the way.”

Instagram:
    This is unpopular, but I think IM3 was a great film. It focused on Tony’s character along with his fears throughout the film, rather than another KO Iron Man armor.

Pepper had something of a somewhat nice role.

I liked that we actually see Tony be resourceful outside of his armor.

The scene where we see all of Tony’s armors was amazing.

Personally, I couldn’t care less about the Mandarin, and I feel like the hate for the “twist” is ridiculous.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Kingfish333

Kingfish333 Well-Known Member

Agree but don’t forget, doctor strange, GOTG2, CA1, Captain Marvel, Spider-Man, Avengers 2, etc..

14. Prime17

Prime17 Seeker

News Credits:
    Yeah, while I wish it adapted the "Demon in a Bottle" story a little more, I actually do it appreciate more and more now. It gets too much unnecessary hate for the Mandarin twist which was a pretty smart plot twist. It would be cool to see Iron Man fight a more magic-based character, though.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Rodimus Prime

Honestly, my biggest problem is that it is probably the most faithful adaptation of a character's origin story in the MCU, and one that has been adapted to film before. It was a well put together film, but it just doesn't stand out to me. In a series with 20+ films to it, failing to be noteworthy is it's own sin.

16. Nemesis Scar

Nemesis Scar Combatrona a'den mhi, Vode An!

Tumblr:
    Brie Larson plays the fish out of water role in the beginning part of the movie. Some funny scenes with her being perceived as "crazy" by Earth-men. Less so later on. She bounces off this of Jackson’s initially skeptical Nick Fury pretty well.

I wasn't expecting them to play the twist straight. Like, I know the Kree are xenophobic and all. But, I thought they were going to make it so the Skrulls were also manipulating Carol just to get what they wanted. It didn't click for me that they really were the victims in all this until we saw, like, the Skrull civilians. They needed to do a better job of foreshadowing that.

This is a really hard movie to see at some points. Like, some of the shots - the initial battle scene in particular -are so dark. It's hard to see what's going on in places.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Bumblebee2000

Bumblebee2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Definitely agree with the character stuff, puts it above Iron Man 2 even if I realise neither hold up compared to the great Marvel films, but the big problem with the twist for me isn't so much that it goes against the comics but that it doesn't do anything interesting with it. You've got Ben Kingsley and if you can accept the role he is playing, he does it well but then you've got this uninteresting villain replacing him. Should have been written better, or a different character altogether. I feel like this was one of the last films with meddling by someone whose name I don't remember and Feige got blocked but all I know is Kingsley or even random lady scientist would have been a more interesting villain. Random glowy Extremis henchnman aren't much better.

But yeah, the unique stuff is nice and bad Marvel villains are hardly unique. Just worse when the film dangles a couple of alternatives in front of the audience.

• Like Like x 2
  18. smkspy

Problem with IM3 for me is that they completely wasted one of IM's best comic arcs turning it into nothing more than a gag.

That plot is the remote control armor, which he used in the comics as his body was dying and he couldn't physically be Iron Man anymore. Subsequently, this arc is where War Machine was born.

Also, they took Extremis and turned it into, "well, this thing turns people into human torch lite" when Extremis was a vastly more interesting idea in the comic.

And though it didn't have another IM2 KO plot, it did have the IM2 plot of something from Tony's past coming back to haunt him cause, he missed a meeting? Okay.

Wasted Iron Patriot too, which was turned into another joke plot.

The whole movie is just a waste of good Iron Man plot lines.

19. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  20. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    I think it's more the rate than the efficacy. He had to go from planet to planet individually committing genocide on each one. Round up the whole populace of an area, kill half, move on until you're done this planet, for thousands of cities of billions of planets. There just simply wasn't time to murder everyone.

• Like Like x 1