The Complete DC Extended Universe Thread

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by bearweezie, Jul 20, 2013.

1. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    JUSTICE LEAGUE Star Ray Fisher Teases Cyborg's Big Screen Future And Reveals Whether He's Seen The Snyder Cut

Fisher teased fans by saying, "I know there are plans in the works. How privy am I to those plans? I cannot say."

Cyborg has potential as a standalone, if he can get a good villain to face off with.

When talk turned to Zack Snyder's "Snyder Cut" of Justice League, Fisher admitted that he hasn't seen that fabled version of the DC Comics adaptation, but he knows that it does indeed exist!

"Timing-wise, I don't think things have really worked out," Fisher said about why he's never been able to watch it. "There was one point in time where I was supposed to watch it, but some stuff came up and unfortunately it was not an option for me. Who knows? I might see it soon."

• Like Like x 1
  2. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    for the first time ever DC executives are HAPPY their movies always get stuck in development hell.

3. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    not saying it didn't happen....but "chokeslammed her to the ground"? i watched the clip. that was a pretty soft "chokeslam". it looks more like a ginger guide down to laying position.

and why do these confrontation videos also abruptly stop the way they do? keep filming. evidence is how you win court cases...

• Like Like x 1
  4. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Yeah, sounds like something Justice League would have tried.

5. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah. It’s cut in such a way, that you only see the moment he “guides” her to the ground. Nothing before. Nothing after. You don’t see anyone pull Ezra off her. You don’t see Ezra spit in anyone’s face. If you’re filming that, and you have him on camera attacking a friend, and there are other people there to help her out, why would you stop filming? Even if you did jump in to help her, why would you turn that camera off?

Either there’s more footage or the guy filming was calm enough to stop recording without shaking the camera at all.

Not saying he’s guilty *or* innocent, but it’s not as open & shut as it would seem.

• Like Like x 3
  6. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I'm not a fan of cancel culture... but I'm in favor of stopping Ezra Miller's Flash movie from ever happening by pretty much any means necessary. Big thank you to whoever filmed and posted this. My hopes and thoughts are with you.

• Like Like x 1
  7. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
  8. WEEGEE

WEEGEE Cringe memer

News Credits:
    Eh I would've preferred something more comic/animation accurate and less hot topic looking.

9. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Something more classic and less modern would have been better. I've never cared how they basically made her a poster child for Hot Topic in the N52 comics. Plus, taking design ques from one of the most controversial eras in DC's continuity is probably not that great an idea. There's some good stuff there, but a lot of it is just aiming at the lowest common denominator and still failing to attract people that don't actively read comics.

• Like Like x 1
  10. optimusmegas

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i didn't. i thought she was spot on. so did her creator.

some of the complaints he was apparently getting revolved around the abusive relationship with joker being...well, abusive...which was the point. but i gather these complaints are brought about idiots that grew up on twilight and think that was some grand love story too.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mako Crab

News Credits:
    Sounds like a bunch of people that don’t understand that their relationship was always abusive & part of Harley’s arc was getting away from that.

• Like Like x 2
  12. WEEGEE

WEEGEE Cringe memer

News Credits:
    God that's one of the reasons her character resonated the way she did.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Mako Crab

News Credits:
    Yeah.
    At least it’s not as bad as the people on the other end of the spectrum that romanticize Joker & Harley‘s relationship as a crazy true love to aspire to.

• Like Like x 3
  14. WEEGEE

WEEGEE Cringe memer

News Credits:
    Once again, hot topic morons.

• Like Like x 1
  15. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
  16. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    You are not attributing that statement correctly. It came from one of Harley's current writers, not Paul Dini who created the character.

• Like Like x 2
  17. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Patty Jenkins Confirms Wonder Woman 3, Amazon Spinoff

"I’m not going to nail down a fresh thought about it until this movie comes out, because I kind of want to give myself a palette cleanser, and be fresh of mind,” Jenkins stated during an interview with Total Film. “But yeah, there’s an arc that I have in mind for the first movie, and then the second movie, and then the Amazon movie, and then the third movie."

Well, where the Amazons are concerned I'd like to see either Hippolyta or Artemis, or both, venture out into the world.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

But perhaps Artemis may need to be a different actress. The lady above is champion boxer Ann Wolf, and she only appeared in a cameo to homage female athletics.

There have already been two characters with the name of Artemis in the DCEU, one more or less can't matter now.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    THE RAID Director Gareth Evans Reveals His Plans For "Shakespearean" DEATHSTROKE Origin Movie

When it was announced that Gareth Evans would be taking the helm of a Deathstroke movie, fans were understandably very excited. After all, this is the man that brought us the heart-pounding action and visceral thrills of The Raid movies, which were hailed by many as action masterpieces.

Unfortunately, Justice League's failure to find success at the box office meant that many of the projects that were scheduled to follow Zack Snyder's movie wound up being put on ice, and we've heard very little about Warner Bros.' plans for Slade Wilson since.

"The plan was, I wanted to tell something that would be a lean story, that would be kind of an origin of that character," the filmmaker explained to Yahoo. "Something that felt like it could be 100 minutes or 110 minutes long, max – not to go over the two hour period with it. Back then, I was massively influenced by the noir films coming out of South Korea, so that was my pitch. I was like, these films are amazing: the texture, and the tones of colours, the grit and the aggression of them is super interesting to use to tell Deathstroke’s story.”

As for why the project was ultimately scrapped, Evans says he's not exactly sure, but believes it's possible that a Deathstroke movie simply stopped being a priority for the studio post-Justice League.

“We had some pretty bold ideas there that could have been really visceral and really fun. But, yeah, I don’t know. Who knows? They might come back again in five or ten years time, you never know. I don’t know what exactly happened. There might have been a change of personnel, as happens quite a lot in big U.S. studios. I think that project just stopped being a priority for them. It never really went further than two or three phone calls. I’ve never heard anything since, so I just presumed that project was either on the back burner somewhere, or someone else might be doing it.”

• Like Like x 2
  19. optimusmegas

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i mean i'm down...the raid movies were fucking amazing

• Like Like x 2
  20. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Kevin Smith Clarifies What He Knows About Justice League Snyder Cut: Darkseid, Green Lanterns And More
    Justice League: Jim Lee Sketched Snyder Cut Boards, Green Lanterns Planned

Kevin Smith has talked a lot about the Snyder Cut of Justice League, but he's now clarified what exactly he's heard about the film...well, the version before Joss Whedon got his hands on it. Explaining that he's spoken to members of the VFX team who worked on the DC Comics adaptation, Smith claims to have been filled in on both the visual effects and storyboards.

Apparently, many of them were illustrated by comic book artist Jim Lee, and this VFX crew member reportedly "saw Martian Manhunter on it. He said he saw Green Lanterns and stuff like that."

"[He] broke down the script that he got to read. The movie that they shot originally, and then the movie that we saw," Smith added. "That’s where I first heard about what we would call the Snyder Cut. From people that worked on the movie, special effects people, they were like, ‘Dude, Darkseid was in it. This was in it…’ They went through everything."

This isn't overly specific, but it is interesting, and seemingly confirms those long-standing rumours that Zack Snyder's Justice League was going to bring those characters to the DCEU.