The Complete DC Extended Universe Thread

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by bearweezie, Jul 20, 2013.

1. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  2. Sky Ray

Sky Ray Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I remember when Man of Steel was still filming, there was a leaked shot of Harry Lennix in all CGI gear that had the "X" strap on his costume that suspiciously looked a lot like Martian Manhunter's design. I always wondered if that leaked pic was just a hoax, guess not.

3. HawaiianBro808

HawaiianBro808 Banned

News Credits:
    Damn

4. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I was about to mention this. He was actually supposed to be in the button scene in Shazam. The only reason he wasn't is because it wasn't planned from go and he couldn't find time in his schedule to get away from what he was working on at the time. I'm sure he was getting paid more doing that than he would have been for the few seconds of screen time he'd have shot for Shazam. Far as I know Cavill is still in and they are still rolling along with the DCEU. Birds of Prey is proof of that. They're just also deciding to do stuff like the Joker movie and the new Batman film with Pattinson as well outside of the DCEU.

6. Jochimus

Jochimus Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

I think it's great that Cavill wants to keep at it.

Of course, I also think WB's done with the DCEU's Superman. Two-way street, that one.

7. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  8. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I think Cavill looks great as Superman and was great casting. He just had to deal with a crappy story. Is Mario Puzo still alive? Get him to write something.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jochimus

Puzo died 20 years ago, so yeah, that might be a little difficult. And honestly, I don't know that we really need him, so much as we need someone who doesn't consciously or unconsciously hate the character.
    Honestly, if WB really wants him in the cape and S-symbol, I still wish they'd cast him as Steel instead.

• Like Like x 5
  10. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

There's also Calvin Ellis, if they wanted to do their version of "Into the Spider-verse".

• Like Like x 1
  11. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    that i'd be fine with...but as clark? please no...

• Like Like x 2
  12. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He talked to them about it but passed as he had to many films in the works so he won't be playing superman. It confirms wb talked to jj abrams also (no word on if he passed) and they want a "updated" superman for todays times. So sounds like another reboot. Who knows at this time.

13. Jochimus

WB wouldn't know how to create an "updated" Superman for today's times if some filmmaker in the future who's just made a billion-dollar-grossing Superman movie somehow managed to travel back in time and screened it for them. Especially since "an 'updated' Superman for today's times" is what the Superman we just got was supposed to be and they've already ditched him from practically the first movie he appeared in.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  14. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Thing is... Superman doesn't need to be updated. He's probably more relevant now with everything that's happening than some realize. He just needs to be written well.

• Like Like x 6
  15. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

I still think Cavill can be THAT Superman. They just need to give him a good script and a chance.

• Like Like x 4
  16. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    A chance to smile and be the Big Blue Boyscout, damn it! None of this mopey alien child stuff, he's past that now. Now, it's time to fly high and inspire goodness!

• Like Like x 4
  17. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    This. Give the man a good script under a competent director who gets the character and I think Cavill will have zero issues portraying the Superman that we're looking for.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

You can see flashes of a great Superman in Cavill’s performances. He has the charisma and the face for it. Unfortunately, there’s only a handful of scenes where we get to see that Superman.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    I'm personally not convinced that Cavill can redeem the character anymore - not after BvS and JL - but I do completely agree that the guy absolutely got a raw deal and was screwed out of the role by everyone except himself. Even if BvS counts as being less worse than JL (note: didn't say better), it still should have never been the next movie after Man of Steel. That pivot is exactly where this all went south. There should have been a proper MoS sequel that softly introduced other characters the way you'd expect a sequel to, and maybe even an solo intro movie for Battfleck, and THEN the whole BvS thing. That would have only benefited Cavill himself as an actor in the role as well as everyone still embracing him as the new Superman. In my opinion, anyway.

Regardless, I just don't know how anyone or any writing at this point can ever un-ring the terrible bells that were BvS & JL to make Cavill and/or his Superman appealing again on a mass broad level. And that's too bad, because he has very vocally been so passionate about taking on the character.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Hadar Sen Olmen

He really could have nailed the role if he had actually been given the chance. It's sad how much they screwed everything up.