The Complete DC Extended Universe Thread

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by bearweezie, Jul 20, 2013.

1. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

Ebay:
    I feel like we need a dceu appreciation thread....the fact the most frequent posters here just do so to shit on these movies doesn't encourage me to check this or any other dc movie thread.

I realize im probably one of the few that enjoys these movies but reign it in a bit guys. You aren't the end all be all authority on comic movies. We are all entitled to an opinion but some of you treat yours as definitive fact. Some of you discourage people who like these movies to not post more than you realize....

2. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I loved Man of Steel. I liked Wonder Woman. But the other two were fucking awful, and the bigger problem is that Snyder instituted a highly flawed vision of the DCU which sabotages the movies before they even get made. Versions of the characters that are dark, depressing, and bear no resemblance to the characters they're supposed to be beyond their names. Barry Allen who is a neurotic goth homeless drifter squatting in an abandoned lab and Arthur Curry who is a Sons of Anarchy Redwood Original pledge. Can they make good movies out of these? Maybe? Probably not. It's not coincidence that work on the Flash movie has been scrapped three times already to begin again from square one. They don't know what they're doing and they're trying to figure it out as they go along, which is a disaster waiting to happen.

If you want to start an appreciation thread, go for it. I promise to never go in there until they start making good movies I can appreciate. You and the three other people in the world who were okay with BVS can have the run of it. But this is the plain discussion thread. And unfortunately, there's a lot more to complain about than there is to appreciate. I hope maybe Shazam can turn things around. And maybe now that WB has cleaned house and has a new guy running everything, they have a chance. They just have to find some way to backpedal away from Snyder's shitty world.

• Like Like x 2
  3. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
  4. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
  5. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Veteran

News Credits:
  6. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sounds like likes to think of himself as an A list actor. Sorry Henry, you're not.

7. Incepticon

Incepticon This place ain't what it used to be...

News Credits:
    Nah, it sounds like he finally can't deny anymore that he's been in a streak of absolute shit movies that too embarrassing to ignore thanks to this DCEU nonsense, and if he's going to be in even more of these bombs, he might as well get as much money as he can in return for what's left of his shame & dignity. I don't blame him one bit, especially considering how many times he's had to defend these things from MoS onward.

8. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    He could be if he wasn't so closely associated with these DC disasters. He has the looks and the talent. But he took a gamble and lost. Maybe Mission Impossible is his first step in pulling himself out of this nightmare. Even Affleck, who is a pretty big name not only as an actor, but has won some recognition as a director, has realized he may lose everything he's built if he doesn't get the hell out of this mess while he can.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:

10. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

So what is up with all the Snyder Cut rumors gaining traction again lately?

To me it depends on what version of JL we would get. I heard there is speculation that there is a version where Superman is actually revived by Darkseid, which to me sounds awesome. That is the JL version I want to see.

11. Primal1987

Primal1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, anyone hoping for a Snyder Cut of Justice League (myself included) will seemingly never get one.

Zack Snyder Never Watched ‘Justice League’ Theatrical Cut, Warner Bros. Has No Plans to Release Alternate Version

I find this one a bit funny, since Snyder was unaware of the Russian Family subplot that showed up in JL, so it appears that they did more than he signed off on.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Incepticon

News Credits:
    I'm more surprised that *anyone* ever thought a so-called "Snyder Cut" even existed in the first place, let alone actually *expected* it one day. There was never, ever, everrrrr ANY credible source or reason for such a thing to ever exist other than some nerd bloggers on nerd sites saying "well, huh, he must have filmed enough before he bailed... so THAT could be cut together". That is literally it. Read: NOTHING. Nothing at all except nerd hopes being turned into "rumor" and "speculation".

Now add to that the overt common sense that keeps presenting itself whenever someone cites how Snyder is a bitter little bitch about things and won't even watch the final trainwre... err... result of this dual director "collaboration". If he won't even do that, plus the other fact of him, ya know, actually being FIRED from the movie; there's zero chance that A) he'd take that time & effort, and B) that DC/WB would even let him, especially if would cause even MORE vitriol around that shit show of a movie.

13. Primal1987

Primal1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Shazam trailer is out.

• Like Like x 4
  14. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Not gonna lie that looks legitimately fun. XD which at this point a lot of DC fans will be happy to see.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    So the official name for this universe is...

Worlds of DC.

16. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Incepticon

News Credits:
    That would just make WB/DC look even worse. Like, infinitely worse than they already do... and that says something. And not because Gunn is a douchebag that tweeted lame shit years ago like a 15 year old kid would do trying to be funny on zee internetz - because it would just be WB/DC scrambling for more of Marvel's leftovers and acting like the wannabes they are. Read: get some fucking dignity.

Fired or not, I'd like to believe that Gunn even at this weird crux would say no to anything they offer (read: beg) him to do for their ongoing clown show.

• Like Like x 1
  18. RodimusSupreme

RodimusSupreme Autobot Leader and Combiner

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Hasn't James Gunn's opinions and beliefs changed since he tweeted whatever it was he tweeted and thus he no longer believes whatever it was that he tweeted all those years ago? Yet he's still considered a terrible person? Man, people will hate whoever and whatever they can nowadays, including the DCEU (which does deserve some criticism, but not the level of straight up hate and childish insults being thrown at it currently, as seen above).

• Like Like x 1
  19. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Don't get into a James Gunn argument, that got the guardians thread closed.

• Like Like x 1
  20. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    James Gunn doing a DC movie can be his chance at redemption. I know what he said was awful, but he apologized for it. And keep this in mind, he was offered to direct a DC movie before he got the Guardians.

• Like Like x 2