The Complete DC Extended Universe Thread

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by bearweezie, Jul 20, 2013.

1. ShinGi

ShinGi Well-Known Member

2. RodimusSupreme

RodimusSupreme Banned

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Can these idiots stop touting that Ben Affleck left? IT'S A YOUNG BATMAN MOVIE, OF COURSE HE'S NOT GONNA BE IN THAT!!!!!! The studio didn't confirm it, so don't sit there are basically say you are assuming he isn't coming back. Couldn't even read the article and enjoy the news because that ticked me off.

From what I did read, it sounds like The Flash movie isn't Flashpoint anymore? because they stated it's like a Back To The Future-esque movie, and no mention of the Flashpoint story. Interesting. I hope it's not Flashpoint, because unless they decide to reboot with that and take out most unpopular aspects (dark tone, certain actors *cough cough* Lex Luthor *cough cough*), then a Flashpoint movie first would be a stupid decision and the worst thing they could do with his movies right now.

3. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    And we all know they would never stupidly decide to go with the worst thing they could possibly do in these DC movies. Except for the billion times they made the most stupid decision possible on these movies already.

It's a positive sign they've scrapped all their previous Flash plans. But I think they need to scrap the actor, too, before there's any chance the movie will be even slightly good.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

You’re not wrong. After all, they decided to jumpstart their cinematic universe with a movie inspired by a comic that deconstructed the superhero genre with an older Batman. You have to establish a foundation first in order to deconstruct it!

5. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:

6. RodimusSupreme

RodimusSupreme Banned

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I have no problem with Ben Affleck's Batman, I actually prefer him over most other versions of Batman! Ezra Miller is Ok, I guess, just turn down the childishness at least. That's Wally West's shtick, not Barry's. Barry is more serious, yet can still crack some jokes. And speaking of Wally, I guess Justice League's casting decision for Iris West means we're gonna get some crappy New 52 inspired version of Wally West, aren't we?

7. deathzero23

deathzero23 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you ask me, Affleck deserves his own Trilogy.
    I don't get the hate on Ben. He nailed the 40 year old version of Batman.
    These haters are treating Ben like Jared Leto. Come on.

If they want a younger bats, then fine. Make a film from his 1st 5 years as flashback scenes.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    I think Affleck is one of the sorriest excuses of an "actor" we'll ever see, and the quicker he stops being in front of the camera, the better... for everyone. BUT where I will give him some credit is; he is seemingly the one rat on this sinking ship that knows it should get off. The guy obviously had high hopes when he signed onto all this what-turned-out-to-be total nonsense, but he knew the second The Martha Movie was released that the whole thing was fucked, and it's been crystal clear ever since then that he wants out. So let him go, and get someone else who A) wants the role, and B) is actually a respected actor that can actually act.

• Like Like x 1
  9. RodimusSupreme

RodimusSupreme Banned

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    [​IMG]

10. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Yeah, that clever little meme doesn't work when talking about Ben Affleck or the DCEU, but props for the attempt.

I've always wanted to know who the 6 people are that like Affleck and think he's "good" at... anything. Pretty astonishing 4 of them are right here on these forums.

* just teasing, btw... nothing personal or anything

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  11. RodimusSupreme

RodimusSupreme Banned

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yes it does. If you're too busy hating on him to notice how awesome his version of Batman is, that's your problem.

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    There's something apropos about challenging someone's opinion on a shitty movie using a TLJ gif.

How is Affleck's Batman "awesome?"

Because I admit, I never watched JL, but I don't get what was so great about him in BvS. He looks stupid, sounds stupid, is completely bland and forgettable in his actual performance, and the actual character of Batman in the film is an unsympathetic doofus. He's got no real character to him, he's just a tool of the plot. A guy for Superman to fight.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  13. RodimusSupreme

RodimusSupreme Banned

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Affleck plays the persona of Bruce Wayne very well, gives that dark and brooding personality of Batman very well, his form of humor as Batman fits the character and isn't out-of-place, His voice sounds better than the Nolan Batman's weird voice (Affleck's Batman actually uses a freaking voice modulator for himself instead of growling all the time). Nothing about him looks stupid, unless you hate characters that actually look like their comic counterpart. This says more about others as well, but his fight scenes are great to watch. His suit could use some black trunks, as I hate most anything to do with The New 52, and the lack of those is all because of that disastrous attempt at a reboot.

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I never bought Affleck as Bruce Wayne for a second. He's so stiff and uncharismatic. Also, I wouldn't call it brooding so much as pouting.

At least the growling was actually Bale doing the voice. The fact that Affleck needs the crutch of a modulator to enhance his performance doesn't strike me as a positive.

Maybe I do in this case if it means having the weird tape fabric texture on the suit, big, thick-ass doofy bat symbol and hilarious little nub ears. I totally get what they were going for, but what works in a comic book does not always automatically translate to live action. Plus the cowl always looked cheap to me. Like it's really cheap rubber and doesn't fit around the cheeks right. Plus without the rigidity of the longer ears and brow it really just looks soft and... silly. I had the same problem with the Batman Begins suit's mouth and nose area, except that wasn't quite as bad.

I found them cartoonishly overdone, actually. Again, they seem to have taken inspiration from the games without realising that it's a different medium, and the crazy over-the-top violence feels less like real fighting and more like, well, a video game.

15. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
  16. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Didn't even realize they were thinking of a Cyborg movie.

17. There D Hood

There D Hood Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Didn't realize they were thinking at all.

• Like Like x 2
  18. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
  19. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
  20. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2