The Combiner Wars: The Darkest Hour Episode 7 Spoiler

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by WilyMech, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Terrorcon0

Terrorcon0 Transformers Rock Star!!!

News Credits:
    My only wish would be to have HASBRO finally do a remake of the original G1 Transformers series but all done in 3D. All in the exact same dialogue, scenes, and stories. Just in 3D like Beast Wars. That would be way better then this Combiner Wars show where you only see one combiner which is Devastator combine once!!!

2. captainnedloh

captainnedloh Nugget

News Credits:
    I cannot wait for all of the Last Knight one step changers to give those shelves some heat :D 

3. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Lord High Governor

News Credits:
    That. Was. Awesome!

I hope to see more of this!

• Like Like x 1
  4. bman29

bman29 Dancitron

Ebay:
    My...my...MY EYES! I can't...see! I'm blind! I've been blinded by the video! Damn you Machinima!

5. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

You got to love cat screaming Starscream.

6. Jerrimus

Jerrimus BOSS

Ebay:
    Terrible series. No wonder they didn't hype it up much and played coy when questioned. Colossal waste of fucking money and should've been like a 1.5 hour dvd release or something to that effect that way they coulda had something cohesive.

Like, did anyone count how many times the camera did that zoom/rotate on Windblade? At least 3! For no reason!

7. Kirby0189

Kirby0189 Soundpost

Um... okaaaaay.... not sure what to think of this. Though I can say that Starscream's combined form sucks. Ok, so first he has holograms surrounding the components so he looks like his regular self (massive cheat), but then he becomes a giant shifting mass of parts that isn't scary (or at least that's what I think the intended effect was) in the slightest because of his terrible voice and the focus of his floating head rather than the dismembered body parts? BIONICLE handled the mass of body parts thing better with the form Makuta has in the original online game, and that was just flash. Seeing a CGI series that handles it way way worse is pretty bad.

8. LiamK

LiamK Well-Known Member

I like IDW Windblade plenty. The slightly naïve Cityspeaker who has to learn to toughen up and play the political game in order to survive the machinations of Starscream and everyone else acting in their own selfish interests. The one who has to balance doing what's good NOW with what's best in the long-term. She also has next to nothing to do with CW Windblade, who's first, second, third and hundredth instinct is to kill kill kill murder kill murder die kill.

9. Kirby0189

Kirby0189 Soundpost

Windblade is a lot more likable in every other incarnation. Instead of getting an accurate representation of some version the character for this series, we got a bloodthirsty warrior who kills everyone without a second's notice. You know, the same reasons most people don't like movie Optimus, right? Ugh, they could have at least left out that line where she said she would kill everyone in the Council, despite saying that she wasn't trying to kill Starscream.

10. captainnedloh

captainnedloh Nugget

News Credits:
    I agree, IDW Windblade is a decent character. However, Hasbro has decided that since she's good there, she should start being crammed into everything else (CW, RID, etc.) Even though she has no business being there.

And her role in CW is terrible....for that character at least. I would want to see somebody else go on a revenge fueled crusade against any bot who dares merge with another, but not Windblade. It just does not fit.

11. captainnedloh

captainnedloh Nugget

News Credits:
    You know who the jet forming kill crazy psycho who has it out for big bots should have been? Sideways, the world needs Sideways.

12. Kirby0189

Kirby0189 Soundpost

That makes me wonder if Victorion is gonna start being crammed into everything, since she's also a fan-made character.

Though they could have implemented Windblade into CW any other way. Maybe have her try and get rid of the combiner to maintain peace on Caminus instead of going on a revenge-based killing spree. And maintain her original personality too.

Yea Sideways is awesome. Though maybe not the most fitting for the "good guy" team, especially since he's traditionally a Decepticon.

13. captainnedloh

captainnedloh Nugget

News Credits:
    *Windblade wakes up in a dark space lit only dimly around her* "what? Where am I?"
    *she looks around for a bit* "am I?....am I dead?"
    *a voice comes from behind, Windblade turns and sees a faint orange glow at eye level just out of the light* "heh heh....pretty much,I mean; you may as well be."
    *Windblade goes for her sword but it's gone* "who are you?"
    "Oh, no one important. Just a bot that the universe forgot existed."
    "Oh yeah? And what do you want?"
    *the bot steps into the dim light, the orange visored sideways fully visible* "what I want, little Missy; is a second chance. And I take it you do to, right?"
    "Y-yes.....what do I have to do?"
    "Oh....nothing much."
    *sideways' visors catches a quick glint of light and the screen goes black.*

14. captainnedloh

captainnedloh Nugget

News Credits:
    Oh no, not Victorian in everything, please!

And Sideways? Traditionally you never know what he is. He sides with the cons out of necessity, not because he believes in their cause. Sideways wants only the upper hand in every situation and will join whatever side let's him have that. Tbh IDW needs to implement him because he has loads of potential as a character.

15. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    First, fixed that for you.

Second, you come in to this thread with absolutely nothing to add except that you dislike the negativity. I basically gave you an option, rather than you bog down a thread with negativity to... counter... negativity. Wow, that seems pretty absurd when you see it spelled out.

Third, the red word can get you an infraction. My suggestion would be read the posting guidelines, and then maybe check the definition of negativity.

Fourth, arguments go much better when you use full words. I was going to make a snarky comment about your suggestion involving my keyboard buttons since you seem to need mine worse than I do. However, at this stage it's best to let you rant.

And does anyone else wonder what this means for any other series being considered?

16. Skeeve

Skeeve Well-Known Member

Windblade is one of my favorite new characters, but she just doesn't work with this show's DAWRKER IS BETTER mentality. Nothing about her other incarnations screams DAWRK.

17. Kirby0189

Kirby0189 Soundpost

Well marketing-wise, he's usually a Decepticon. Though yea, he usually doesn't have a real side. And an even better reason for there to be a TR Sideways: So he can appear in the comics! (Well, he would probably appear as Mirror, but same basic idea)

18. captainnedloh

captainnedloh Nugget

News Credits:
    I would buy that in an instant. (He should come with rook and crosswise heads)
    And yes, he would be amazing in the comics.
    I could easily see him as this sarcastic dimension hopping guy who you can never get a bead on intention wise.
    Like he helps save the day, and as everyone else gathers around for celebration, he blasts somebody like hound in the face and goes: "trust me, that will make sense later." And later down the road hound being dead comes into play somehow and sideways gets to say I told you so.

19. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ... this isn't even that long. How come they can't write it better?

20. Ronbot1986

Ronbot1986 none

Sooooo REALLY WANT TO KNOW IS THIS LEADING INTO A SEASON SERIES? That is 30 min episodes? Please be so! Im trying to find why the episodes are 6mins. Any info would be cool. Links vids ect. 
    I like what I see so far. Starscream purple blob! Creeeepy! Lol