The Combiner Wars: The Darkest Hour Episode 7 Spoiler

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by WilyMech, Sep 13, 2016.

1. blackconvoy_D01

blackconvoy_D01 Destronger

Ebay:
    This series is got dumb in the last two episodes. I don't think I'll waste 5 more minutes a week on further episodes.

2. JohnRedcorn

JohnRedcorn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While I don't play video games, I find it interesting some of the video game super boss comments. Goes to show how video games sap out all of your creativity.

3. Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer Ancient and knackered

Just when you thought it couldn't possibly get any worse...I've made more sense than this after half-a-bottle of brain-rot tequila.

(Yeah, I know I promised myself I wouldn't put my poor, tattered brain through any more of this gods-forsaken shambolic travesty of a turd-powered train-wreck, but I just had to see how much worse it could get...)

4. RavageX9

RavageX9 Tripredacus Agent

It's the last episode, yes you will.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Slingshot

Slingshot Back In the Game

News Credits:
    So... what the Hell? Did Starscream just become anti-matter? Why would the Enigma do that? It would make more sense for the Enigma to backfire and turn all the Combiners and Starscream into some mutilated combination in pain.
    And great, Windblade suffers a Disney death. I don't know which is worst, Prime or Combiner Wars. They're both everything wrong with Transformers.

6. bumblebeej8

bumblebeej8 Pinpoint Doodle User#3

News Credits:
    The best part of this episode was when Windblade died.

And what the hell was that Starscream combiner? THAT COULD'VE BEEN SO INTERESTING! But Hasbro f-ed it up, like most interesting stories in Transformers.

7. Splendic

Splendic bleep blorp

Ebay:
    Huh, so Starscream's grand plan ended being to become a final fantasy boss...?

I mean to be more intellectually critical, it just seems like the producers fail at everything they come up with for this show.

- For a simple 5 minute segment, it's filled with dead air (music should have started much earlier).
    - Starscream's final form is laughably ridiculous and has zero setup
    - Windblade's "death" spiral elicits no emotional response, and her cliche'd "laying-on-the-ground-with-broken-leg-is-she-dead-?" pose is too childish for even a Saturday morning cartoon.
    - And most egregiously, there has been no Combiner War

If this was really intended to be a series for adult Transformers fans.... well, at least we now know what Hasbro thinks of the fandom.

8. MastaBlasta

MastaBlasta Knight Industries Two Thousand

Ok really. Is this series a joke or something? When do we get "Combiner wars." So far we've got a 1 minute battle with Computron And Menosor, and then a somewhat battle then team up between Victorion and devastator. And can they at least acknowledge the fact that the combiners are multiple bots? Seriously we have only seen longhaul, bonecrusher, and (I forget which other one) as individuals. COMBINING IS THE BEST PART OF THEM. To show up as individuals then combine is how you make an intro. Not busting though the floor or falling from the sky. I mean in g1 you could see the shock on Optimus face as the Stunticons merge into Mensor. Or how the predicons make the technobots retreat as they combine (and then technobots combine and kick his ass).

But in all I think this suffers the same fate as The live action movies, with bad writing, confusing story, bad acting, and with this show in perticular, the short espisodes. There's not enough time to tell a good story. I've given this series a chance like I do everything else but it's just been a letdown. Make and actual movie with better animations.

9. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pokemon Starscream.jpg

Well... it still remains okay for what it is in my eyes. Still not fantastic, still not enough robust and internally logical storytelling to make a ton of sense at all times... still a lot that we're just meant to intuit or understand from other fiction... but, I'm still enjoying it. The animation has grown on me.

I still just think the limitations of time and budget are forcing them to leave a ton of meat out that would have made it a lot better. Having to whittle down any narrative to eight three to five minute shorts with what was clearly a limited budget and no way to include SAG actors is going to decimate the quality and cohesiveness of any project. But I still love seeing a quasi-sequel to G1 (even if it's closer to IDW really... which I also treat as a quasi-sequel to G1 lol) in animated form again.

For that alone, it remains worth it to me. But yeah, I would never call it fantastic or anything. I am disappointed but also accept the realities of what they're doing and what they're working with. I enjoy it for what it is, though. Nice seeing Prime and Megs work together, and Prime even showing real concern over Megs' wellbeing. Hell they've even made Windblade grow on me in this, so that's something. I'm legitimately worried now
    that she might be dead/offline.
    So they've managed to make me care at least that much!

10. captainnedloh

captainnedloh Nugget

News Credits:
    [​IMG] I can't breathe, starscream looks like the final boss from starfox XD.

What I hate most about this series is how few characters there are. It's like: "Here we have a franchise spanning over 30 years and having hundreds of characters to choose from. I think we should use ten of them and the rest be generic cannon fodder, automatic turrets, or just not there in general."

(But seriosuly, somebody get on a starscream Andross fanart)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2016
  11. grindcore138

grindcore138 ACAB

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Really, now? This old meaningless chestnut?

• Like Like x 1
  12. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom Cultist of Unicron.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Starscream is a fool, for thinking he could control the enigma...I hope it ends with windblade's funeral...They have FUN in the name.

13. pokemonsdoom

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Like this?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
    • Like Like x 5
  14. JudgeDeliberata

JudgeDeliberata Majestrix

News Credits:
    To quote the Simpsons, ever classic:

"We the purple? What the hell was that?"

• Like Like x 1
  15. captainnedloh

captainnedloh Nugget

News Credits:
    Good god I'm laughing way too hard RN. You sir, just made my day. (Add windblade as the arwing.....or slippy....they're both just as annoying)

16. pokemonsdoom

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Got you covered,
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  17. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Just watch it.
    But wait till it's over and binge watch it.
    Who knows- it might play out better that way.

18. jjh

jjh Well-Known Member

Were people paid to make this??

19. captainnedloh

captainnedloh Nugget

News Credits:
    XD *optimus appears in bottom left.*
    "Remember what happened to Maxima, Blade!"
    *Megatron chimes in*
    "OOH! OOH! DO A BARREL ROLL!"

20. Zirconium

Zirconium New Member

Twitter:
    First off this was to take inspiration from the IDW Comic Series, sadly just thematically, and basically it appears they must have run out of money.
    Best they can do now is to have Metroplex Bridge in,.. Obliterate Starscream between his thumb and index finger, and banish Screams Spark to wander the cosmos as in Beast Wars... now will someone please go wake up Hasbro? and have them give us a Adult oriented Series that would do Transformers Prime Proud!!
    Or is Hasbro gunning to produce a Transformer Babies Franchise?.. Sadly I can see the Licensed HUGGIES even now.