The Combiner Wars: The Darkest Hour Episode 7 Spoiler

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by WilyMech, Sep 13, 2016.

1. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Maybe by "intelligent" they meant Computron?

2. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    But you'd think that since they don't have to stretch the plot out so paper thin it would work better. Plus there's the idea that you don't have to try and cram so much plot in there in the first place.

3. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Man this absolutely sucked.

Thankfully only one more to go.

4. Kirby0189

Kirby0189 Soundpost

Maybe they're gonna shove lots of combiners into the final episode? Then again, that would suck too, having to wait till the last 5 minutes to show the main selling point of the series in large quantities.

5. Ronbot1986

Ronbot1986 none

Thanks

6. maxxzander

maxxzander Banned

oh yay! starscream is a final fantasy boss....sorta

7. maxxzander

maxxzander Banned

tf prime worst??? not at all... the worst goes to robot in disguise 2015! even their toy line sux!! if they aiming for kids....they already hv rescue bots ...

8. Kirby0189

Kirby0189 Soundpost

I actually like Prime, but even then, CW is very low. Not sure how to compare it to TF Go, though.

9. DecepticonSpike

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Most of the TF related fiction is and toys are aimed at kids. Us adult collectors are a second thought to Hasbro.
    As far as this "adult" G1 cartoon, it's very lacking. I really was expecting something more along the lines of the IDW comics.

I watched one episode of Go and that was all I needed. Of course it was never intended for Western audiences, so that could have been a factor. Cultural differences and all that.

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    RID 2015 actually is pretty fun though.

a hundred times more than CW that's for sure.

11. Kirby0189

Kirby0189 Soundpost

I guess it is hard for Prime to live up to IDW in terms of maturity, but I still enjoy both.
    It's not culture problems that are the problem. I watched a lot of the other TF shows that were never intended for Western audiences like Masterforce or Victory, and they were just fine. It's just the writing.

Not only is it impossible for Go to fit in with what the end of season 2 of Prime left us with (reminder: Beast Hunters was never dubbed into Japan. In fact, I honestly feel Go fits less without the inclusion of Beast Hunters.), but it's just too formulaic. Now a lot of shows tend to be formulaic, and most Victory episodes used the formula of "Decepticons attack, everyone but Star Saber sucks, Star Saber saves the day", but at least they had different characters and the Cons had different plans each time. The formulas for Go are just way too obvious. For both of the volumes (I also think having 2 volumes is a bad decision since they don't differ much and contradict each other), all but the first and final two episodes have the formula of "characters meet Japanese historical figure, characters are taught an important lesson, the same 2 Predacons of their respective volumes summon the exact same group of Abominus repaints (ok, they become black repaints later on, but whatever) to fight the Autobots, Autobots combine and use some special technique to blow up the Abominus repaint, characters are sent back to modern times." There's not differentiation between each episode, and it makes for a rather bland series overall. I cannot remember any other show that's so focused on formulas, regardless of culture.

Also, no one but the humans characters have a sliver of personality to speak of. Don't even get me started on the CGI where no one's faces ever move.

12. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was hoping the last 10 minutes of this show would have been combiners ( TOYS that we have gotten ) slugging it out. This show was such a disappointment

13. Shreddhead

Shreddhead Well-Known Member

Wow, I had such high hopes for this series. "A G1 transformers series aimed at adults"? That sounds like my dream version of a tf series! whats not to like?? My god the screwed it up bigtime. No backstory at all as to what the combiner wars are, how they occurred, what the real threat is or how it could directly affect the inhabitants of cybertron and other planets, no actual "combining" to show the 3 (yes ONLY 3 COMBINERS!!!!) combiners forming, only see 8 or 9 transformers in ALL of cybertron, filling time that should be used for exposition or character development instead with flight scenes and long (bad) cgi pans... it just goes on!
    Literally the only thing I liked about this series was the fact that Optimus and Megatron had to team up. Thats an awesome idea, what a nice break from the formulaic autobots v decepticons and it has a ton of potential. Man they dropped the ball big time with this one.

14. Kirby0189

Kirby0189 Soundpost

Tell me about it. At least the art design is nice, but good art does not excuse... everything else. At least this version of Megatron is cool.

15. Shreddhead

Shreddhead Well-Known Member

Agreed, the Megs and Prime dynamic was the one shining point. And I love the G1 aesthetic and art design, but im afraid this bomb will dissuade producers from future projects aimed at G1 fans with these designs.

16. 2Sixshot

2Sixshot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    nice see if most people here where doing that i wouldn't have said that glad to see fans are making there own

17. 2Sixshot

News Credits:
    well its kinda hard to pay someone if you don't know what they can bring to the table

18. 2Sixshot

News Credits:
    i do see what your saying so let me be more clear and let me use one of your examples. if a company hires a chef that they know can cook and is the one that can be payed well and be happy with it. Then that night the chief messes up on a dish does that mean that the chef sucks and should be fired no, because its one dish and he can learn from his mistakes. Machinima was the probably the only available animation group that would accept the job without costing hasbro a crap ton of money. If you had actual fans that new how to animate and make stuff for a low cost, would it suck i don't know because it that didn't happen. Did this episode suck yah it did and Machinima can learn from there mistakes. Also lets just say that you can animate amazing things, you cant say that this is bad without actually trying yourself

19. DecepticonSpike

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I have to agree. I'm not a fan of RID15, but it is far more enjoyable than this.

20. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    thats what I am afraid of too