The Combiner Wars: The Darkest Hour Episode 7 Spoiler

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by WilyMech, Sep 13, 2016.

1. einhazard

einhazard Sentient Tapedeck

News Credits:
    This series makes me not want to be alive anymore.

2. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It seems very unlikely at this point, though never say never.

It was an extremely low budget, long in gestation production with very little (direct) apparent official oversight or involvement (though obviously there was some, since it was officially announced by Hasbro way back when.)

It was just meant to be a "fun side thing" for fans, which, unfortunately, have been largely disappointed with it. That's why they're so short, why it took so long to come to fruition (much too late to have any sort of promotional impact on the CW toy line,) and why the voice actors apparently aren't SAG.

It's under the auspices of Machinima, but not produced by them directly per se. Basically it just seems like a fun little side story that exists for the hell of it, that had a lot of world building and background development behind the scenes that didn't make it into what we see on screen, but way too little time and money to really flesh out. It's doubtful that they have anything more substantive in the works.

3. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Well, i know a lot of people have been waiting for this and tuesdays episode must have been the saving grace of the series to them, but can i get those five minutes of my life back please.
    I...i, didnt even know it was possible to cram so much fanservice in so little time :wtf: 

4. combinerlover

combinerlover MONSTRUCTOR's BFF ;)

I think it`s ok , for what it is ...... so , so far I`m liking what I`m seeing .... though I am conflicted on the whole starscream / ULTIMATE combiner situation .... Over all - Glad were still getting transformer material to enjoy .... I remember when we had nothing , and OMG I lost my mind ! lol

5. Ravage101

Ravage101 Well-Known Member

Ahhhhhhhh...what hell did I just watch?!?!

This was ...DUMB. I have no other words for this episode.

6. StellarJet

StellarJet Seeker

News Credits:
    Very well argued post, Stryker055.
    Despite the animation, voice, narration issues, I thought the show up till now was entertaining (only until Starscream became a combiner-thing[?]), and it had a lot of possibilities to go with Starscream and Rodimus on the front line. I was starting to get used to a 'good, responsible' Starscream, but as a G1 (and Starscream) fan, I didn't mind at all to have a 'bad' Starscream again! but the last episode was certainly not what I was expecting, to be honest. The combiner-morphing into a black hole, cosmic stuff associated with infinite knowledge etc etc etc...doesn't look like *Transformers* content to me. It was greatly disappointing, horrible for me to watch, I admit, not something you'd like to see your favourite character go through!, doesn't make any sense at all what has happened in this episode. I was expecting like a *Transformers* battle, actually, perhaps with more combiners? More 'TF the Movie' style...

Oh well...perhaps I'm too 'classic' for this kind of 'deviations' from the norm :peoples: 

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  7. doomiscool

doomiscool Decepticon Medium

News Credits:
    Writing for short pieces can be quite hard, if not harder than writing for a 25min episodes. You have to have the whole piece contained and make sure it makes sense alone with or without the other 5min episodes.

Unfortunately, this honestly looks like they thought they could write a 40min piece and split it up into 5min segments and it would still flow/make sense...it evidently doesn't. It would have needed some more refinement.

My sister claimed she thought it looked like a video game cutscene, but I fired back most of those over narrate what is happening, not say nothing and expect you to take it without question. (But I'm still laughing now haha, wtf was that thing Starscream turned into even meant to be??? A ghost head over a sun in it's own little nebulas? XD)

8. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ... that can create its own black holes lol.

9. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 I HAVE THE POWER!

News Credits:
    That was Cloud Starscream right?

• Like Like x 1
  10. lazerface

lazerface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like the animation. And the voice acting for Optimus, Megatron and Windblade is fine.

But all the other voice acting so far.... Geeez.... Just awful. Makes it almost unwatchable.

I just kind of rolled my eyes at the Menasaur and Devestator voices, since they weren't on screen that long... but that Starscream voice? Some of the noises he was making in the last episode were just terrible.

11. algo448

algo448 Amateur Procrastinator

News Credits:
    Given that things happen or get introduced with no prior explanation and most characters barely have any semblance of personality, I don't think being short helped them at all in this case.

When you are writing a story keeping it short can be way harder than the alternative.

12. usernamedustin

usernamedustin Banned

Does anyone else think that this is going to end with Windblade opening the Matrix while "The Touch" is playing? It seems like exactly the kind of lazy thing the writers of this would do, you know, for the "adult fans".

13. lordmegatron64

lordmegatron64 War Starter and Crate God

Wow...This show really sucks....Like...REALLY sucks. Hasbro could've green lit Animated Season 4....Or a complete reboot of Generation 1....But instead they thought this shit was a good idea?....Wow....So much Failed potential.

14. Gayformers

Gayformers writes bad fanfiction

News Credits:
    starscream becomes god and kills everyone and everything because he is an Evilâ„¢ god

15. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    If she becomes a Prime, that would not surprise me at this point.

16. The Ramjet

The Ramjet Get. Out.

This entire thing is a complete and utter joke, seriously.
    I can honestly live with the animation itself but the horrific dialogue, terrible fight scenes and trash storyline are unforgiveable.
    It's hilarious how the makers talked this thing up to be something amazing, but it is literally a giant maggot infested turd.
    If I was involved with this I would be embarrassed.

17. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Menasor is not a dinosaur!

18. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    You're right, dinosaurs were at least dangerous.

• Like Like x 2
  19. lordmegatron64

lordmegatron64 War Starter and Crate God

XD I laughing harder than I should at this rotfl!

20. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just bingewatched 5 episodes in a row and its still terrible. I dont get this atrocity at all. I remember in early interviews they talked about wanting the combiners to have purpose, they were intelligent. and I have barely seen that at all. This is just gawdawful