The Bumblebee Movie speculation and discussion thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Livingdeaddan, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Italiandangla14

Italiandangla14 Member

I just wanted to throw this out there. Last weekend I went to see the movie. The battle on Cybertron was amazing. I was totally star struck by the entire scene and I thought they did an amazing job. I really hope they continue with the movies

2. optimusprimeroc

optimusprimeroc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got this from tfwiki.net

• Sector 7 seem completely unaware of the Cybertronians and consider their meeting with Shatter and Dropkick to be "first contact", when, per the first film, they have been in possession of the AllSpark and the frozen form of Megatron since the early 20th century. Neither Megatron nor the AllSpark are mentioned in the film, and the fact that Dropkick and Shatter are actually invited into the Hoover Dam base and are allowed to interface with their computers and don't become aware that both Megatron and the Allspark are there raises a lot of questions

3. optimusprimeroc

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In keeping there is no mention of the alspark, the Autobots' departure from Cybertron is shown to be necessitated by their being on the losing end of the war, rather than a search for the cube, with Bumblebee going to Earth to establish a fallback position for his comrades. This is not particularly incompatible with the information provided in the first film, but the fact that the Autobots are shown arriving on Earth at the end of the movie, when the first film showed them arriving in 2007, is more incongruous. It's quite possible they will all leave again over the following twenty years to search other planets and systems for the AllSpark, as mentioned in the first film's prologue, only to then return when Bumblebee discovers it had been on Earth all along, but like we said, this movie doesn't mention that. We'd note that, by making it to so that Bumblebee only loses his voice after coming to Earth, this movie actually necessitates a meeting between 'Bee and the other Autobots prior to the first movie, as Ratchet noted in that movie that he'd been trying to fix Bumblebee's voice for a while, meaning his arrival in 2007 couldn't be the first time he'd seen Bumblebee since he lost his voice. The fact that his Camaro mode is spotless and sheen in this film, yet rusty and faded in the 2007 supports the idea of Bumblebee being left on Earth to fight Decepticons without Autobots like Ratchet present to help fix his wounds.

• Like Like x 2
  4. optimusprimeroc

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    if the autobots did leave Earth to look for the all spark maybe optimus prime had bumblebee remain on Earth to guard the fallback position and that is why bumblebee's 1976 camaro vehicle mode is clean at the end of the bumblebee movie and worn and dirty in the 2007 movie

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  5. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

Theoretically that could be likely, but it would still be sloppy, writing-wise.

6. optimusprimeroc

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    True maybe we will never know

• Like Like x 1
  7. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Unless we get a Bumblebee 2 movie... or (possibly) an Optimus Prime movie. ;) 

Watched the movie:

1 - Starting the film off on a war ravaged Cybertron is wonderful. As I recall, a lot of people wanted that scene since the 2007 movie (don't quote me on that.)
    2 - Optimus Prime is truly bad ass no matter how he looks (not a spoiler, but a fact)
    3 - Nice to hear what Bumble--B-127 sounded like before he lost his voice, although I kinda expected to hear a younger voice coming from him, the VA did a good job on his portrayal.
    4 - I know this is type casting, and I don't mean it to be, but the whole battle between Blitzwing and Bumblebee just made me think of Beast Wars Deep Metal when Depth Charge fought Rampage and I couldn't stop myself from chuckling. (Yes, I know Sobolov voiced Blitzwing so that didn't help)
    5 - It's clear that this was in Charlie's POV so her family came off as more insensitive than ignorant. (particularly Sally's gift being a cautionary tale and Ron's gift was kinda mean)
    6 - As much as TFWiki says that Bee landed in 1987, I kinda doubt it. Forgive my ignorance of timelines and personal appearance changes, but Barns looked younger and scrawnier during Bee's initial arrival than when during the time Bee was with Charlie, not to mention that it looked like Bee was under the tarp for longer than a few months (note the (ironic) beehive grown underneath the car itself. (I'd say a possible 3 year gap could describe the changes.)
    7 - I don't recall the humans being turned into liquid upon being blasted by any of the Transformers... then again, none of them ever hit the humans at point blank, and it could've been Drop Kick's signature move.
    8 - WE GET A FEMALE DECEPTICON THAT IS NOT FOR SEX APPEAL!!! AND SHE'S A STRATEGIST TOO!!! :3
    9 - Bumblebee and Charlie's interactions are so adorable. From teaching him how to hide, to watching movies and discussing when not to be in bot mode. And it even added to it when Memo was on board. The prank scene is one of my favorite scenes in the movie. (still waiting for the toilet paper to land ;) )
    10 - Is it just me or does Ravage in this movie kinda look like a smaller version of the Black Lion in Voltron... (yeah, it's probably just me)
    11 - So when Bee's memory restores itself, he just went all 'kill everyone' on... everyone. Shouldn't he have remembered Barns from the first time they met... or at least thought the uniforms were a little familiar? I mean he saves Barns later, but still.
    12 - *How Bumblebee kills Drop Kick* :lol  :lol  :lol  that was funny. (not for the Con, he never even got to finish his sentence)
    13 - So Bumblebee holds onto Shatter for the water (and boat) to hit them and while she gets pushed to a platformed surface and is crushed, Bumblebee just sinks to the bottom? I'm not familiar enough with physics to disprove that but it feels like it was only there for Charlie to finally dive from the tower to reach him.
    14 - Forget that Bee could've changed his form to a camero at any time (seriously though, he even forgot about that), Optimus Prime was on Earth the whole time?! Where was he for this? And how did he get there before Bee did, or did he arrive hours before Charlie and Bee reached San Francisco?!

Those are my observations of the movie, whether they're right or not. (probably all wrong)

jD001

• Like Like x 2
  8. ryankun0903

ryankun0903 Member

I've been searching the internet for any theories that might be related to something that I noticed while watching Bumblebee and found none, so I'll be asking you guys if anyone of you also notice this.

This theory of mine will only be possible if they go to the reboot route.

I was curious of the emphasis they've given to Charlie's car which is pretty similar to Carly's car in G1

Is it possible that Charlie will become the G1 Carly and only named Charlie by the filmmakers to avoid confusion with DOTM Carly?

9. Wheeljack84

Wheeljack84 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hate that design. He's Optimus Prime. He should have a face plate.

I've always hated the face and mouth look ever since the Bay films, and I hated the flat faces in Transformers: Prime as well.

10. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry, but the faceplate needs to be retractable.

11. Wheeljack84

Ebay:
    Hate it, hate it, hate. it doesn't need to be retractable at all.

12. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Gives more room to emote. But whatever, its not like I can say anything to change people's mind on that.

• Like Like x 2
  13. AshleyCuadra

AshleyCuadra Tieria Prime

News Credits:
    Who cares

14. Wheeljack84

Ebay:
    You're asking that question on the wrong forum ;) 

• Like Like x 2
  15. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd say the only part in the movie where they would say their names onscreen would be the meeting with Sector 7 and it was a missed opportunity to not have Shatter introduce herself with her name and her partner Dropkick.

16. DarkRed401

DarkRed401 Well-Known Member

what are the 3 double sided cones under blitzwing's jet mode(not the missiles)

17. Supreme Commander

Supreme Commander Member

I think that's a great idea!

18. Viper2005

Viper2005 Active Member

They appear to be external fuel tanks

• Like Like x 1
  19. Cyberbot8460

Cyberbot8460 Korean Geewunner.

Google+:
    YouTube:
    Might just be a reference, Charlie acts nothing like G1 Carly.

20. Cyberbot8460

Cyberbot8460 Korean Geewunner.

Google+:
    YouTube:
    I cried when I saw that G1 Optimus Truck mode!