1. Of note - we are in the process of upgrading the site to use HTTPS / SSL. In that time, you may be logged in/out depending on what area of the site you are looking at. If you want to be logged into the forums, please log in via https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/login/. If you do that, you will not be logged in while looking at the front page. We hope to have this fixed within the next 24 hours or so.
    Dismiss Notice

The Bumblebee Movie speculation and discussion thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Livingdeaddan, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Prime17

Prime17 Seeker

News Credits:
    Another problem though is that Bumblebee, Shatter, and Dropkick, appear to be the first TFs that Sector 7 ever met. Megatron is not mentioned whatsoever by them. This is especially notable since their base is still in Hoover Dam.

• Like Like x 1
  2. JohnSerge

JohnSerge Member

Guess I was right..

3. darkspellmaster

darkspellmaster Well-Known Member

Okay fair enough, he is...no longer functioning...Unless of course they change their mind...and he's suddenly repaired. *coughs* Minicons. *coughs* If they want to go that route.

4. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Brawn was shown among the Autobots entering the escape pods so he survived being shot.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, he got a pretty bad shot but he didn't look dead either.

• Like Like x 1
  6. iOnlyEatEnergon

iOnlyEatEnergon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got a free screening today. Overall I enjoyed it. I'd give it a 7/10.

Nothing amazing but overall pretty good. The VFX was amazing though. I would have liked there to have been at least one more action scene but I can see why it was toned down.

It makes me wish this was what kickstarted the live action Transformers movie. Although we might end up getting that again seeing how this is pretty much a reboot with all the things that happen.

I'd be happy to answer any questions if anyone has any.

7. NemesisPrime12

NemesisPrime12 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Some elements from Bumblebee is taken/inspired directly from the 2007 movie

8. optimus124

optimus124 PSN ID - OPTIMUS124

Ebay:
    This is a really solid movie. Definitely worth the praise it's gotten. I think many are lenient on it simply because it's overall better than any of the TF movie's ever produced (including G1). While the rest of the movie was pretty good, the first 5 minutes is basically the stuff of legend.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I'll be damned. It's good.
    It has characters.
    It has a plot.
    It has Transformers.

I mean, yeah, I'd rather see the movie with Bee before he lost his voice. And I'd rather see the movie with Prime and Soundwave and all of those glorious G1 designs.

But this is such a ray of hope. This is such a leap in the right direction. This was legitimately enjoyable.

This was:
    A real movie.
    With real Transformers.

And the villains were great.

• Like Like x 4
  10. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Well-Known Member

I enjoyed thinking about how Bee's interactions with Charlie shaped his interactions with Sam. For example, maybe Bumblebee said, "I wish to remain with the boy" at the end of TF1 because he regretted parting ways with Charlie.

I also felt nostalgic for 2007 as I watched.

11. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

Saw it earlier. Its far and away the best TF live action movie. Its arguably the only good one. This is what happens when you hire people who actually like the franchise that they're working on. Thats all I have to say.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    I was pretty satisfied that it was an overall great movie (was already impressed with Knight's work on Kubo and the Two Strings), combining a nice mixture of old school 80s coming of age movie, plus ideal mix of Bayverse/G1 aesthetics. Movie can be cheesy at times, but definitely has heart and can be enjoyed by anyone, especially families. Would love to see a story with this version of Prime...

• Like Like x 1
  13. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 There's a 50 character limit to titles. Now you kn

News Credits:
    I enjoyed a Transformers movie that's not over 20 years old? I don't know how to feel.

Also, "Charlie, DUMPSTER."

• Like Like x 1
  14. Xformermike

Xformermike Idc.

Well it didn’t suck. It was simple enough to not be weirdly complicated but complicated enough to not feel overly simplistic.

The humour was cute and amusing. The thing had heart. The beginning scenes on cybertron were unhinged madness and the harkening back to the g1 roots looked appropriate rather than boring and old. The entire sequence was awstriking to behold. ✌️

The action scenes were actually very well choreographed and intently story boarded with a good story in mind. Action scenes were actually enjoyable to watch because you could tell what was happening with the characters, finally. They even used their environments rather than just cheaply rolling over everything.....

Stupid things like a girl climbing a crane were not drawn out. Every micro movement another story-stalling horseshit hack writing technique. Instead the pacing was kept interesting and the challenges the characters faced were realistic and entertaining while still being a little nail biting.

The characters shown in Bumblebee had genuine character and heart. For the first time in a long time some Transformers fiction has sold me on the toys by selling me on the characters.

Dropkick and that other jack ass were hilarious. Need more of them.

It was good but they did their job this time. They left me feeling like I wanted more. Bring in the rest of the crew and let’s also look at a largely influential cybertron sideline.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  15. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Man I found this movie to be charming fun and heartfelt. Hope we get more of this.

• Like Like x 2
  16. JaZzPrImE74

JaZzPrImE74 Sub to my YT Supreme J

News Credits:
    So jazz wasnt anywhere in it ? :(  20/10 movie tho

17. Rolo

Rolo New Member

That scene at the end where Optimus was driving on the bridge, seeing his original vehicle form was amazing. I kept thinking that if they had Jazz, Sideswipe, Sunstreaker or Wheeljack driving next/around to him it would have been 10 times better.

18. daniel 97

daniel 97 Autobots' second in command

News Credits:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    It was nice to hear his real voice. And learn his real name. I think this voice is the best one he's had. Wish he gets it back.

• Like Like x 2
  19. oku

oku Oh.

News Credits:
    upload_2018-12-24_15-34-18.png

• Like Like x 3
  20. Gepard

Gepard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll echo what everyone else has said – it's actually a good movie. A darn good one, in fact. It even made my non-fan finacee interested in having her own little Bumblebee figure for her desk.

One small thing I really appreciated: we finally got an Optimus Prime who was actually heroic. He put his life on the the line to protect Bee's escape. And he didn't threaten anybody or yell about how he was gonna kill whoever wronged him or whatever. And he was complimentary to Bee at the end on Earth! What a change from Michael "Everyone is an Asshole" Bay.

• Like Like x 4