The Bumblebee Movie speculation and discussion thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Livingdeaddan, Feb 13, 2016.

1. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    It's funny to think back to April/May, when we were desperate for any sort of news we could get about the Bumblebee Movie. Now we're at the point where we're pretty much getting several things a week.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Transformers Database

Transformers Database Ramdeen Studios

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):

• Like Like x 2
  3. Soundwaver

Soundwaver Banned

I can not imagine TF musical, but if there's every going to be one, it better be done right.

4. Soundwaver

Soundwaver Banned

For some reason, I'm starting to see him and Hot Rod like bros. Working side by side and both seeing Optimus as a father.

5. G1DeadEnd

G1DeadEnd Bring on 5, 6, 7 & 8!

News Credits:
    Straight outta Simfur!

• Like Like x 1
  6. G1DeadEnd

G1DeadEnd Bring on 5, 6, 7 & 8!

News Credits:
    I can't wait to see Bee throw a hissy fit, and or have some.kind of a discourse with Charlie. You know every love relationship has that friction.

7. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

"Baby, it wasn't what you think, Shatter is one of my mortal enemies, not some fling!"

• Like Like x 1
  8. Such Heroic Nonsense

Such Heroic Nonsense No!

I just hope the rumours of it ploughing its own furrow away from Bay-verse aren't wishful thinking.

Was more hopeful based on promo shots of Bee and Blitz-scream(?) it would have a fresher look ... up until those two 'con carbots showed up, looking exactly like the Bay aesthetic (i.e: over-busy and insectoid.)

If any franchise movie ever badly needed to do it's own thing, it's this one.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Toad84

Toad84 Well-Known Member

I think a funny swerve would be that this is a story being told from memory and at the end it is Simmons telling the story and in his mind he is the John Cena character. Because Simmons would be the kind of guy who would tell a story and exaggerate like that

• Like Like x 5
  10. BumblebeeFan71

BumblebeeFan71 Loyal Starscream Follower

YouTube (Legacy):
    I haven't done much speculation since last time I studied pretty much every inch of filming footage and trailers, I ended up pretty figuring out nearly the entire plot and how it would go.

I have seen the trailer though and I'm really hoping I was just imagining the "romantic" connection. I don't know, I just looked at the trailer and all I could think is "God please don't try to frame this relationship between Bumblebee as this girl as a romantic one. I don't need flashbacks to you know what.

• Like Like x 1
  11. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree they have more in common with the Bay designs than Bumblebee and what we've seen of Blitzwing do, but they're not nearly as busy as the 1-3 designs, and unlike the more streamlined designs in 4 & 5 they're covered in vehicle parts, from both modes. As for insectoid? Nah, they're not as overtly humanoid as some of the AOE faces, but they're hardly insectoid. Especially when compared to the MV1 cons, or the Constructicons, and they're (thankfully) not all drooling monsterish like the Dreads.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Darth Badguy

Darth Badguy Well-Known Member

I saw this big cardboard display at the Century City AMC theater in LA last night. It was pretty large and jammed into a narrow space between the wall & escalator. Looked like cardboard, the eyes were some kind of video screen.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Autoboticon

Autoboticon In like a Bot, out like a Con

After that new trailer, I'm actually going to go see this.

It looks like a closest to a true Transformers movie since 2007.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Such Heroic Nonsense

Such Heroic Nonsense No!

Promising …

Hopefully it’ll all even out in the mix (and don’t get me wrong, it’s GREAT to finally see recognisable Decepticons like Soundwave and Shocky giving it some on Cybertron! Ecstatic even ...)

But the way I feel right now, they need to go all in for a more G1 aesthetic, not half measures mixing with the Bayverse that gives the newer G1 stuff the air of War For Cybertron style cut-away sequences, contrasting with the same old, over-busy crap we're used to.

That said, I've always thought Bee was the strongest of all the Bay era designs, so he can stay. We don't need pig guy with horns back anytime soon. :p :D 

15. Rambar

Rambar Stunticon

Okay so watching the international trailer for Bumblebee this part of the trailer caught my eye.

This Screengrab clearly shows Shatter's altmode but a millisecond later something lands on top of it destroying it. By transformers logic they can't transform into destroyed vehicles and there's no sign of whatever lands on the car prescanning before destruction so could this possibly be Shatter's end by maybe another Cybertronian landing on earth at a later part of the movie?

Thoughts?!

Attached Files:

16. Picky Peeves

Picky Peeves That One Dinosaur Nerd Here You Don't Know

So, I'm not sure If I've seen anyone else mention this, so I figured I may as well say my piece

This may be me trying to fill in blanks that no one has cared to point out, but the movies have always shown Megatron's head being present in his Cybertronian alt-mode, like in '07 or RotF. The only explanation I can think of for The Last Knight aside from nobody caring about the movie (How else do you explain a movie being written by someone who's won awards for previous screenplays writing something so discombobulated?) is that his jet form is alien, but not necessarily Cybertronian. Since that's the most we've seen of Cybertronian alt-modes, I'm guessing that, since no one has bothered to make a fully comprehensive example of Transformer anatomy, that they're incapable of fully transforming their head, which explains Bumblebee's visible head syndrome.

Also, if Jess Harnell has confirmed Barricade will be in the movie, are we going to see him in the trailers?

17. Temenos

Temenos The Touch

News Credits:
    I wonder if there are other Autobots appearing?

18. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Warp Core

Really great trailers.

19. JaZzPrImE74

JaZzPrImE74 Sub to my YT Supreme J

News Credits:
    Looks fucking amazing omg

20. Deathsanras

Deathsanras Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So the trailers show the doors folding up.

....a few times.

While new MPM bumblebee looks like he is travelling through europe.

Looks like they are still making movies and toys in two seperate houses. Nice.