The Bumblebee Movie speculation and discussion thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Livingdeaddan, Feb 13, 2016.

1. daniel 97

daniel 97 Autobots' second in command

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tell that to Michael Bay!

2. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    I like the idea of bumblebee being joined by some of the original minibots.

3. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Who is going to direct it?

4. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    I'd suggest a movie between each of the others but voice issues...

5. Super Bumblebee

Super Bumblebee Autobot

Instagram:
    How about a Bumblebee movie set between DOTM and AOE? We could finally find out how Bumblebee survived Cemetery Wind, met Hound, Drift ,and Crosshairs, and learned how to become a leader while Optimus is away. Since he would be in hiding, you could set the movie is some place Transformers never go, like a suburb or Canadian north. It would also be a good place to put in the Drift/Deadlock backstory.

6. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    I think that's an interesting story, but once you start chucking in all these other characters, ILM are gonna run out of budget pretty quick. I think this movie needs to be streamlined character wise..

7. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

I agree. Maybe one other Autobot as a sidekick. At most a cameo from any other Autobots. Very few Decepticons. Once again, if there are more than a few Decepticons maybe just have them be cameos and/or teasers.

8. BumblebeeFan71

BumblebeeFan71 Loyal Starscream Follower

YouTube (Legacy):
    I thought about that too but it could be too many characters considering the budget.

9. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    What if bumblebee uses Transformium from a dead KSi bot to create a new vocal processor.... but it's possessed by the dead con used to make the KSi bot... maybe Wasp(inator) or even better: The Ghost of Starscream! That way we can have all the conflict with just 1 cgi model! :lol 

10. BladeStorm

BladeStorm All Prime, All the time!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I find it very hard to be inspired by a Bumblebee movie especially if it is based on the movie-verse. Even worse if it is based on the current RID cartoon.

I really hope they don't have a voiceless Bumblebee or set it during the previous movies.

A prequel has potential but I won't be watching it on a big screen as Bumblebee just isn't that much of a drawcard in the scheme of things unless they are going to show the precursors to the war and Megatron/Optimus' rivalry through Bumblebee's eyes (a la the droids as the eyes of Star Wars). But the way I see it Bumblebee wasn't around for those events.

I do like the idea of a Bumblebee goes Bananas or Bumblebee's US Vacation - if he's a VW with GOOD comedic actors I MIGHT get behind it.

11. daniel 97

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    What I'm most curious about is whether they will change his facial design or not, cause I assume in the spin-off he will speak. Um in the first film he barely talks at the end and I remember the plate on his mouth moved up and down, but if they have him talk for the whole film will this work? In the Transformers Prime universe they decided to give him a mouth in order to give him a more humanoid appearance and so that it is convincing when he talks, BUT that kind of thing has worked with many other Transformers - G1 Optimus, Shockwave, Soundwave and many more...I mean no visible mouth, but there is still a voice. So what do you think, will they change his face? Would you mind this change?

12. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    Do you think the deal with GM might restrict the Bee movie to being in the present day? They can't show off the shiny new camarro if it's set in the past.

Unless it's set in the future, and bee is rusty old 2017 edition!

Maybe it's one of the reasons the bee movie is a lower budget, so they don't have to rely as much on placement revenue.

13. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

Yeah a prequel in my eyes would be called war for cybertron or fall of cybertron....but that's just me

14. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Bee movie will take place after TLK. Bee becomes the protector of Earth.

15. normtrooper

normtrooper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is this your theory or has this been talked about, it would make a decent amount of sense.

Since it sounds like it's going to be a "small scale" film with few transformers my vote would be for bumblebee on earth pre 07 movie, pre Sam, and him befriending some other human while facing off against barricade and blackout who are searching for the all spark and megaton. Similar to the prequel comic, especially since the movie comics aren't canon anyway.

Making a small film post tlk seems impossible after all the transformers and ships and what appears to be a planet attacking earth. A prequel could also make the not talking thing work. I actually think the radio talking was a great idea that has NEVER been executed right on film so far (for me). And I strongly feel there is no way we are gonna ever see a movie verse bumblebee with a voice box.

16. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    This is what i'm thinking too, and it could be a pretty good movie. The only thing is that why did they redesign barricade if they have to revert him back to his old bot mode anyway, and if bee will be mute, does that affect whether or not he should regain speech in TLK?

17. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Bee as Earths protector part is my guess. But taking place after TLK is a given. They are working on a full Animated movie but do you really think if the Bee movie was the full animated movie, they would waste it with adding very little TFs in it? No, the full animated movie will have lots of animated TFs in it lol.

As for Bees movie that will start filming in 2017 and release in 2018, think of that movie as a lower budget marvel movie like an Ant Man. Bee will be front and center, he will have a sidekick or 2 and there will be a small group of rival Cons. And we could see some more past humans show up that were more important to Bee than the other Autobots.

Bees movie would be perfect to bring Simmons back in a major role, Sam if Shia would reprize his role and even one or both the women in Bees life, Mikaela and Carly lol. And maybe even a cameo by Sams parents.

18. daniel 97

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I can see that happening. It's totally plausable, given that HASBRO seems to be putting Bumblebee the spotlight, slowly taking over Optimus' role. But there is one important fact, he has his own movie coming out next year, which presumably explores his own adventures, suggesting that he might get parted from the other Autobots. Now if he becomes the "new" leader, wouldn't he be leading the team and not being on his own journey?

19. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

After seeing the trailer, I have this theory: What if this movie features Bumblebee feeling disillusioned and betrayed after what Optimus does to him in the last movie? What if the movie is about Bumblebee having to rediscover his loyalty to the Autobots, and he has to overcome his doubt when he has to fight an old rival, like Barricade, or maybe even a new Decepticon?

Alternatively, what if he is the next Prime, and Hot Rod is the "Ultra Magnus" of the movie (the one who plays up is going to be the new leader, but it's all a red herring). Then, for the Bumblebee movie, Bumblebee Prime is struggling to come to terms with his new responsibilities as a leader, and perhaps an old rival, like Barricade, shows up, and Bumblebee has to prove his worth as a leader to his comrades and himself.

• Like Like x 2
  20. daniel 97

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    What if he becomes a Decepticon, that'd be cool! :ev:  Everyone has their dark side!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1