The bigger villain in RiD?

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Omegashark18, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    It's clear that's there's someone worse then Steeljaw awaiting the Autobots, even if they don't know it yet. But Optimus seems to know, and we know as of episode 13 or 14 he'll begin training with Micronus Prime. And I remember their being a rumor far back that there will be a toy for...

Megatronus.

Does him being the villain make sense? It does to me. Optimus training with the Primes, Megatron is reformed (so they can't use him as a villian), and it's the only other possibility. Unicron would be kinda cliche as well. And he's not been used enough.

2. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Its possible

3. Liliwen

Liliwen Well-Known Member

I like this theory. One of the thirteen is being trained by the rest of the thirteen. Who else could warrant that kind of response except for another from the original thirteen transformers? I like it better than Galvatron, since he's previously established and it can be somewhat personal for Optimus.

Maybe they could also bring Megatron in and run some parallels between them or have some reaction or something.

4. Ssargon

Ssargon He's... so... wolfy~

Apparently my grasp on TF lore is spotty... I thought Megatron was Megatronus and he changed his name? Orrrr is he named after Megatronus then?

5. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    Megatronus, better known as The Fallen, was one of the thirteen. Megatron named him himself after him during his days as a gladiator. He then shortened his name to Megatron afterwards.

6. xenobill

xenobill Active Member

i like the idea of one of the thirteen being a bad guy but in this continuity the fallen/megatronus wasnt evil it was liege maximo that was but if the japanese intro is any indication it will probably be galvatron

7. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

I also think it could be the Fallen, for the same reasons Liliwen gives. If the big threat is something the Thirteen want handled themselves, it's likely something relating to them.

Not necessarily. We've only seen a silhouette. The only really Galvatrony thing is his crest, and a Galvarony crest has already been given to one Decepticon other than Galvatron (Chop Shop) so they might give it to another. I mean, the silhouette doesn't even have an arm-mounted cannon.

Edit: Or maybe I'm remebering Chop Shop's head design completely wrong.:eek: 

8. xenobill

xenobill Active Member

i do see your point that it could be someone else its just that head really screams galvatron to me

9. Viral

Viral Well-Known Member

Chop Shop is revealed to be the big bad and is actually the Crimson King from Stephen King's books :p  In retrospect the red "spider" thing should have been a dead give away.
    If it is the Fallen, I'm curious how they'll bring him in the show since it would be super weird if a major cybertronian mythological figure was on the same prison ship as a bunch of relatively minor convicts (while Underbite is bad, none of them really stack up against essentially the Tf Antichrist.)
    Personally I think it would be kinda cool if it turned out to be Overlord- Steeljaw wakes him up only for Overlord to usurp control and start a more aggressive campaign to burn Earth down in mad attempt to call Megatron out.

My money would be on Megatronus, but then again, so far non of the cons are preexisting characters so it may very well be somebody completely new too.

10. Tigran

Tigran Well-Known Member

It could just be a general thing.. I remember one of the other TFs had a "Shadowy figure" even when there was no other badguys.

11. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

Isn't Megatronus the poor romantic, unlucky with love with rage issues, and Liege Maximo the only evil prime according to aligned?

12. GWolfv2

GWolfv2 Deathsaurus - A name you can trust for peace

News Credits:
    Aligned, Megatronus became the fallen after killing Solus

13. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    its possible not holding out on the fallen, maybe other guys like galvatron, thunderwing, or pirates could be considered

14. GWolfv2

News Credits:
    S'long as it's not Megatron

15. mephilist

mephilist Member

this

16. Achilles1943

Achilles1943 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Synopsis for episode 13:

"While Bee and his Team try to bring in a gang of Decepticon thieves, Optimus readies himself for a coming evil that will threaten both Earth and Cybertron."

17. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I would love it if it was The Fallen. The Fallen hasn't really had a great incarnation...War Within was wear he was introduced but that got canned and ROTF....yeah no.

I just hope if its him he's voiced by Tony Todd again. RID already brought back David Kaye and Kevin Michael Richardson in new roles...why not Todd? It's not like we'll ever see Dreadwing again.

18. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Minimondomayhem

News Credits:
    hmmm, i going to say the shadowy figure is Cyclonus.

19. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

Megatronus is always the Fallen.
    But killing Solus doesn't make him evil.
    But a tragical character manipulated by Liege Maximo, as the rest of the Primes. Unless he later became a herald of unicron, and did a Anakin.

20. GWolfv2

News Credits:
    He lost his name after commiting a dire act. In the original take, it was joining Unicron (as he's the entrhopic Prime he was drawn to Chaos). In Aligned, his chaotic nature made him more susceptible to evil. He murdered Solus because she loved Nexus rather than him and the Primes banished him, taking his name, leaving him with the title The Fallen. In aligned, Maximo is no more evil than Megatronus. He's an experimenter like Jhiaxus or Shockwave

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015