The Big Bad Toy Store New/Restocked/Shipped/Preorder Items Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by UnicronFTW, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Where's my perfect Legends-scale Ultra Magnus?

News Credits:
    The earliest order of any kind it lists now is my Mega Man X Nendo...from way back in October. Nothing before that. Why is this gone? :( 

Attached Files:

2. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    This is cute too. Lost my address. Really? That was barely excusable in 2005.

Also not a fan of modern paging. "You have 900 pending orders. Would you like to see them 2.5 at a time?" But it's _so_ pervasive amongst hipster framework monkeys. They can't conceive of showing more than they can count on a clumsy shop teacher's hand.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  3. NanakoPreame

NanakoPreame Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Your taking this way too anally. And it's not lost, they just want to confirm that you still have the same address as before.

4. RKillian

News Credits:
    Don't tell me what's anal. Some programmers know how to do this stuff. The frontpage looks sharp but elsewhere it's a real step backwards in usability.

But then what am I saying, some people think HTS is acceptable. That's the real WTF.

5. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    The category clarifications for searches within categories are nice.

I don't care for that it forced me to update my password. Heh, I did place an order with the sales and flat shipping though, so I guess it works for me.

6. Johntimus Prime

News Credits:
    I was planning on grabbing the Chogokin masterpiece Megazord, but I don't want to ship the PC-15 in my POL until PC-16 drops. That's why I like the new a la carte shipping.

7. Stryker055

Stryker055 Trying my best here!

Ebay:
    Honestly, the only thing that bothers me about the new site is that preorders are listed in the order of when you placed them, not by their estimated release date. It makes it a little harder to keep track of what's coming out. Otherwise it'll take some getting used to, but I dig it.

8. Johntimus Prime

News Credits:
    One thing I do wish they added was an option to pay for a preorder ahead of time. If you have the money and know it, you can have it paid off. A number of times I've had to cancel preorders because money was tight when whatever it was dropped.

• Like Like x 1
  9. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    Seems like BBTS corrected this issue. I tried the log in screen again with my kindle and did not get a warning and the HTTPS in the address is green as opposed to it being red and crossed out yesterday. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  10. NanakoPreame

NanakoPreame Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Added LG Astrotrain and Figuarts Sailor Venus to my PoL.

11. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    That's my biggest gripe. The nice part is anything in your pile of loot prior to the upgrade is still tagged as 180 days from when it entered your POL. Still have 175 days on some of the crazy devy discounted stuff.

12. Johntimus Prime

News Credits:
    The reduced POL time doesn't affect me that much, as I usually don't go more than 1.5 months building a stash, but for those who buy maybe one or two things a month then hit ship I can see it bothering more.

13. TheDecepticon

TheDecepticon Resident Asshole

News Credits:
    I usually send a PoL every 6 months. So on one hand im a bit bummed the wait period was cut in half, but on the other hand its not gonna cost me more money. My last PoL was $800 (January-May). Shipping was $17. Splitting a typical POL in half still saves me 50% on shipping with a $3 flat rate.

They REALLY need a rewards program though. A little return on the $6600 Ive spent with them over the last 24 months seems warranted. I was told it was something they were looking into about a year ago but here we are...

14. Johntimus Prime

News Credits:
    Especially those of us who shop there frequently. And ideally it'd be better than TFS' dinky ass source points rewards.

15. TheDecepticon

TheDecepticon Resident Asshole

News Credits:
    Eh, I doubt it would ever become something significant. But at least email me a X% off coupon from time to time or something. Or a scaling % off orders based on past expenditures

16. TheSuperion

TheSuperion No am Bishoujo!

Just a heads up: I'm canceling my Siege on Cybertron preorder tonight around 6 PM Central time, so if any of you are still in the market for a boxset, one should be available around that time.

Edit: Canceled!

• Like Like x 2
  17. scrapmetaru

scrapmetaru Well-Known Member

So what's the consensus on Shin BigBad? Good reboot or bad reboot?

18. RKillian

News Credits:
    Also I would say some of the features _are_ welcome. I like to be able to set separate billing per order and ship selectively. It's just I don't see why we had to lose stuff like order history and non-paging layouts and category paths and transaction records and non-reload controls (why does choosing collector grade force a page reload?) to get it. Some of the UI is odd too, like quantity dropdowns that aren't wide enough to show a single digit because there's so much [--------padding--------] everywhere and the layout isn't always clear whether a button click is required to trigger an update postback or not. And I really would've liked a more powerful search. That I can't even type something like "star girl" and find "stargirl" is just really unintuitive. But it's not like they're the only store with a search that only kindof sortof works. It's all just jarring for a site that wouldn't put thumbnails in its wall-of-text sale lists due to bandwidth concerns. I sure hope some of the critics who were so vocal about not shopping there because of the "outdated" design spend a few bucks now that they've finally gotten their way.

19. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My issue is tighter searches, I wan to look up Transformers Legends, for the TT stuff, and it brings up the Hasbro stuff. It used to be I could hop into a TT listing, and hit the imports tag at the end and would bring up just the TT LG stuff, they don't break down categories like that anymore. This was really annoying when looking for Gundam A.N.I.M.E. stuff, it brings up all Gundam stuff.

At least with 3p, I can hit the company tag. Which is great as I type in a search for Fans Toys, it only looks at Fans, and also brings up Fans hobby and Fansproject. Though just hit the company tag in the main description I can at least bring up the Fans Toys listings.

I also miss my order hsitory, but figured that would go, it happened the last time they updated back in '05. With so much in storage it was a good way to check what I already had.

20. geekatron prime

geekatron prime The Grammar Police must be on strike.

News Credits:
    Won't let me use my paypal account.
    :wtf: