The Big Bad Toy Store New/Restocked/Shipped/Preorder Items Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by UnicronFTW, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Where's my perfect Legends-scale Ultra Magnus?

News Credits:
    The choice of which items to ship is nice - if there's a priority toy, you can ship that and leave the other stuff until you actually feel like shipping it. I might do that with Koot and wait till Apache hits before shipping - not-Kup is neat but not a top tier priority for me.

2. Starscream0625

Starscream0625 We are Thunderwing

News Credits:
    Yeah, I tend to despise website updates, including TFW's. I dislike a change of pace and it seems like many of us do, but we'll eventually learn to roll with the punches as we always have.

I'm pumped for a $4 flat rate for shipping though. That's outstanding.

3. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The flat rate is nice, but still likely to ship to my usual every 3 months pattern, so end of July will be the next time I hit ship, and hopefully it will not be a day when a bunch of hot items come in.

4. RAVAGEversion1

RAVAGEversion1 Well-Known Member

Still no reward for spending money there either.  $4 shipping is nice, but a store credit bonus for spending thousands is still needed to go back to spending there.

5. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Best news from this is that they brought back the $4 flat rate option. Used to use that constantly back in the day before they did away with it. It's really cool that you can have an entire POL ship for flat rate too. Excellent. Other than that not sure how I feel about the site redesign as it actually seems harder to navigate than the previous site.

6. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    For those that want to know how to cancel an item I think I know how (haven't really tried it all the way). First under your order history you need to click "view order". Next above payment method click "Edit Details". Under the logo on the next page you will see various links (My Account / Order History / Order Detail / Cancel Items / Change Details). Click "Cancel Items" to select what you want to cancel. Hope that helps.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Mizzinno

Mizzinno Merc With A Mouthplate

News Credits:
    So if I pre-ordered before the $4 flat rate option, can I apply it to that? Also how do I make that my prefered option or did they do away with that?

8. Deathx360

News Credits:
    The flat rate shipping is already applied plus if you have a pile of loot already you should have a credit. I have a little over $10 on mine right now.

9. Deathx360

News Credits:
    Also keep in mind that your credit is for the entirety of your old POL shipping so you still need to pay $4 when you ship. I guess that should have been obvious but it didn't cross my mind earlier.

10. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    To me the new design is "we now look like 96% of all other sites on the web" the personality is gone. That said, I do like some of the new features like being able to hide out of stock items, hated seeing "the one that got away" and the new way of shipping the POL is awesome. Also seeing as they do $4 flat rate now, decided to ship what was presently in my POL out now rather than wait until month end for other stuff.

And yes, I did end up letting them know that they were in the process of giving me a free Spinout... I did give them the option to let me keep it though :)  I'm just seeing the whole "The one with the thumb" episode from friends where Phoebe had an error in her favor from the bank, tried to resolve it and they kept misunderstanding and giving her more money because nobody would complain if it was in their favor, lol.

• Like Like x 1
  11. TheBraveCoward

TheBraveCoward Well-Known Member

Just noticed that my TFC Hercules preorder is missing. In fact, the set of 6 is missing from the site completely though they still have the individual figures. I don't mind, since I have been on the fence on canceling it for a while now. Wonder if it got lost in the upgrade.

12. Decepti_Dave

Decepti_Dave Reformatted

I wish they did this before shipping my POL out with their previous shipping charge!

Instead, Liz from Customer Care kept sending me explanations on how right she was and that there were warnings emailed to me before sending the stuff out (which there weren't except for the shipping out notice)! Then she said, "Regardless, you as a customer, are responsible for maintaining the account." to which I said, "You're beginning to sound like those banks that penalize people (like HSBC) on some small technicality and then tell them it's their fault!" I guess Tuesday was a lousy day for both of us, I think! lol!

A weird time to change the site, which probably didn't have anything to do with me and my back and forth emails to Liz!

Anyway, I might give them another chance but I already bought all of the stuff I was supposed to get a few days ago and saved more money than the higher prices of what BBTS charged plus shipping!
    The next time I buy something will probably be some time after the Eternal Con in July 1-2 (after I see what money I have left)!

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
  13. IceConvoy

IceConvoy Jikuu Keiji

News Credits:
    I was just going to ask if anyone else had similar preorders disappear. I had an clearance Xtransbots figure on order. When I check my order history there is a listing for when I placed the order but with no information in it.

14. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmm 4 dollar flat rate shipping cool...Although I did like the old school look better :p 

15. poisoncow

poisoncow ....

I have a friend right now who is unable to access their account completely. They try and do the password reset and keep getting the error that they're using a "invalid email address". They've a bunch of stuff in a POL and preordered. I'm sure it works itself out, but scary stuff none the less.

16. tfpro

tfpro Well-Known Member

Searching by general items or brands on the only BBTS site was really clunky. I buy a lot of POP figures and the search didn't allow me to see all Funko brand items. I had to go to Funko, then select a sub brand like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The new site seems much better for looking at the promotional pictures of individual items. The old BBTS had really clunky image galleries. The new site is more modern.

The old site had a much better home page with dozens of products to checkout at a glance by strolling the page downward. You don't see enough new inventory with the new design. However, the items that are shown on the homepage look excellent thanks to the larger images.

I'd say this redesign is a giant leap forward, and a few steps backwards. Overall, I like it. Wish I knew about the shipping changes last week...

17. TheBraveCoward

TheBraveCoward Well-Known Member

I'm actually right about to send an email to their customer service right now. I can let you know what they say.

18. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree. It's really annoying.

At least it's only $4 we're talking about.

• Like Like x 1
  19. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Looks like I will be buying off bbts more now.

20. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Not gonna lie, I liked the old look better.

• Like Like x 1