The Big Bad Toy Store New/Restocked/Shipped/Preorder Items Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by UnicronFTW, Aug 5, 2011.

1. geekatron prime

geekatron prime The Grammar Police must be on strike.

News Credits:
    I grabbed the FP Constructo Core and Citizen set from Maketoys, and the FP Severo Core from their clearance sale.
    Screenshot_20230119-013253_Chrome.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. AzT

AzT Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  3. Legion9186

Legion9186 Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Meh, nothing interesting for me, they have a lot of thrash that even if they pay me to get it I wouldn't

• Like Like x 1
  4. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice! Now Fansproject Tailclub is on sale. I'll take two of those and now I shall (somewhat) complete my Glacialord.

5. reluttr

reluttr Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've noticed that during the last two "One Day Sales" they have disabled the POL feature for sale items... which hasn't been something they have done before. Has anyone else noticed this being a thing?

Ironically, on this item specifically, the "sale" price ends up actually being more expensive after the single purpose shipping than it would have been at the previous discount price in the POL, assuming you had other items in there with it.

Either way, this has definitely detoured me from buying any of the one day sale items so far. lol

upload_2023-1-19_10-24-8.png

6. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just assumed BBTS was using the One Day Sales promotions to clearance out and actually move stock that they have sitting in their warehouses taking up space out the door. By allowing the PoL for these items, BBTS would essentially be moving an item from one side of their warehouse to the other side. I know that is not exactly how BBTS handles their PoL system.

• Like Like x 6
  7. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Interesting. I assume they just want these items gone instead of continuing to clog space in their warehouse. They may also hope that you buy more than one item to help reduce your per-item shipping charge. I suspect a lot of these specialty retailers are sitting on tons of crap and need to start moving more of it. BBTS also has a clearance sale going on right now…probably going to be a trend moving forward.

• Like Like x 1
  8. SWAGE66

SWAGE66 Hoping for spontaneous disintegration

What do you mean by more expensive? Everything is more expensive when you have to add shipping and taxes.

BBTS has been doing this for a while now, and like the poster above, it's so they can actually move products out, as opposed to just selling them but then needing to keep them inventoried in some way. Nothing more than that.

9. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nope. Just a clearance sale in which they want to get rid of excess stock that isn't selling and is taking up space. POL is one of their only compelling arguments for continuing to do business with them. Between their prices, horrible shipping methods, and generally (but not always) late stock dates and delays, POL is their one saving grace. Aside from their customer service. That one's a given. POL isn't going anywhere, they know they need it to keep people coming back for more.

• Like Like x 1
  10. reluttr

News Credits:
    Because the shipping is a flat rate, add a single item and you can essentially say the shipping was free for the second item. Doing things this way keeps you from shipping this with an existing POL "aka making the shipping free", nor can you reduce the cost by adding more items to ship within the 60? 90? days they give you with POL.

So this item was, I believe, around $18 before this sale. Meaning if you shipping it in a POL it was essentially that cost. The sale price right now is $13, with a mandatory $4 shipping cost, making it $19. Essentially nullifying any savings you would have gotten from the one day sale.

But yeah, there's been a lot of times I've went with BBTS over competition because of sale items I had in my POL, so id be like "well I gotta pay the shipping anyways, might as well get it with them."

Them doing this with sale items will very likely effect how much I purchase from them going forward since I wont have that incentive.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    o_O 

........$13+$4=$17, not $19

• Like Like x 4
  12. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    Its something they started doing since the last Black Friday sale. I ordered that one DNA kit that was half off but had to ship it to my brother in GA since their $4 shipping offer doesnt apply to where I live.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Ape sovereign

News Credits:
    I'm dumb, what is is this so-called "Pile of Loot" system?

14. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That's precisely why I didn't buy anything yesterday. I wanted the MT Trench Covers set so I could have little mini-figures for the Titans I have. But when I found out I couldn't put them in my POL and it was going to be $20.00 for them, another figure, shipping, and taxes, it completely turned me off from the sale. I clicked away and pretty much moved on. I couldn't figure out how $14.00 turned into almost $21.00 but that was the moment I was like "Yeah, no. I'm not playing this game." I have a POL that needs to ship, already. Why on Earth would I pay more to have two shipments instead of one?

I get their side, though. A lot of overstock that needs to go, a lot of room taken up, a lot of people abusing the system, I get it. I do. But it cost them a sale from me. I'm not alone, I see.

Taxes. You're forgetting taxes.

That's really sucky. Sorry. :( 

It's a system they have where you can purchase an item and instead of shipping it now, they'll hold it for you for 90 days and allow you to add more items to said pile so you can pay one tax and shipping fee at the end to have it all shipped out to you. It saves a ton of money in the long run.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    Basically if you buy something from them they have a thing where instead of immediately shipping it out they set it aside in a "pile of loot" and you can keep adding to it by buying other things and having everything shipped out at a later date. You really save on shipping this way. They give you up to 90 days before you have to ship something out (used to be 180 days though).

• Like Like x 2
  16. BorisVega

BorisVega Well-Known Member

Finally. Skullgrin processing soon.

17. reluttr

News Credits:
    To be fair, I had too. So I'll admit my math was bad there. lol

But yeah, I guess Tusker was the reason they implemented this then, because he was the last one day sale item I did POL with, and I did notice he magically came back in stock after the sale, so a bunch of people must have canceled him out of the POL after having time to think about it or seeing they couldn't get megazero or the rhino limbs.

But implementing a no cancel policy on one day sale items would have been way more preferred than this.

18. crazyjw18

crazyjw18 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I understand why they decided to do this, but it is still annoying. It would have been nice to have an option to include all the other stuff I already have in PoL with this mandatory shipment, but that sounds like it would have been more trouble to develop than it would be worth.

• Like Like x 1
  19. poisoncow

poisoncow ....

Just got my Needlenose processing soon email

• Like Like x 1
  20. Mglaighton120

Mglaighton120 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Finally got my processing soon email for hot shot!