The Big Bad Toy Store New/Restocked/Shipped/Preorder Items Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by UnicronFTW, Aug 5, 2011.

1. volatus

volatus Cat Herder

• Like Like x 1
  2. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I wouldn't be too sure. Hasbro paid a good amount of money to avoid just that. It's most likely that the retailers haven't gotten around to stocking them. (Not in BBTS's case, of course, just in general.)
    In fact, a local retailer (a collector's store) just received another shipment (their 3rd) and with corrected shoulders, no less.

3. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  4. volatus

volatus Cat Herder

5. SelectedLime375

SelectedLime375 Luna1 Matrix Magic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
  6. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Unless you have sales tax. while the MMC Sky-Lynx set is 10 bucks more at TCP, still cheaper than BBTS (BBTS +21.60 in sales tax)

Edit: Just checked on the g2 Combaticons. TCP limbs 5 bucks more but more me 8% sales tax (+8.80 cents) Onslaught (+13.59 cents) for me.

Something that has helped my impulse control on the PO section of BBTS. Not so much TCP.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  7. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Oh, my gosh that looks good. I have a soft spot for the G2 deco. It was my first time completing the Bruticus mold because I could never do it when I was a kid in the '80s. G2 changed all that for them, Devastator, and Superion. I was hooked after that.

I did have the G2 FOC Bruticus from BBTS but ended up selling it when condensing my collection and getting rid of extra stuff I just didn't have the space for. This set, however, even as expensive as it is, calls out to me. I'll have to say no, but I don't wanna.

• Like Like x 2
  8. volatus

volatus Cat Herder

This lovely big boy is now In Stock at $300. It's a nice mid-point between the lower-end Unite Warriors and Combiner Wars Devastator (~$220), and the very expensive Toy World option ($500).

GT-99DX ReBuilder with Golden Pistol
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. Racer_J

Racer_J Permanently logged out . . .

I keep flip flopping on if I want any version of this mold or not. If they did one that was G1 green with the redder purple treads/forearms/hands/drum/chest from the GT-01 release, I would probably cave even though it's not tall enough for the top of the head to be at the top of Siege Omega Supreme's chest glass (not even CW Devestator can pull that off and the self destructing TW Constructor is a bit too tall), it would only come up to around the Autobot symbol on the chest.

Devastator_Omega_Supreme_Gears_Skyfire.png

Siege_Omega84 jpg.png 3rd_party_Devestator.png

The OS JinBao KO fixes Devestator's height but, it comes at the expense of the individual robots being far too tall since they should all be around Starscream's height (which was always odd because construction vehicles are massive) and, there are probably QA/QC issues and I doubt anything was upgraded/re-engineered to compensate for the size increase.

CW_Devestator.png
    Stascream.png

I also don't care for the stylized individual robots but, the combined mode is a nice looking modern update with nice proportions. It also doesn't have to cheat the thigh transformation (the forearms/hands will always be a cheat on Devestator) nor the knees (though the open face square mushroom peg connections for the knees/shoulders terrify me lol).

10. volatus

volatus Cat Herder

If I had the extra $200 my choice would be the TW Black Judge for sure!

11. Racer_J

The thigh extenders on the JB OS KO put it in another level . . .

It's too tall since the eye-line is at the top of the chest glass instead of near the bottom of it but, it looks like it can really hold its own against Omega Supreme if not flat out over power it. I'm so conflicted, surely a new Hasbro/TakaraTomy Devestator won't come along soon (like surely all the other teams would be first right lol?) . . .

12. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Removing the leg extensions will put JB OSKO Grav Builder’s head around Siege OS mid-chest area and not towards the top of the chest glass. That wouldn’t be too much of an issue for me. I keep the leg extensions on as I have him paired up with Dx9 Gabriel. You could always consider getting that Omega Supreme. Photo below of this:

D2B95A9B-A7AD-48BE-87A3-C93D0BB9FD2A.jpeg

A closer shot below of Jinbao OSKO Grav with leg extensions next to Siege OS
    8C416090-ADEF-4680-9040-75959F6ECFD6.jpeg
    38710CF4-7715-4755-9F23-2BA57384F4C6.png

I do like that GT release. Pretty sure you can get leg extensions for that as well.

By the way I never planned on breaking this OSKO Grav Builder down into individual bots. Can always get a cheap NDK set or KO CW Combiner Devy for individual bots.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  13. Racer_J

I've seen Gabriel before. It's hella neat but, it's also hella smooth. I know that it's hella smooth because #Sunbow but, the thighs/shins/feet/etc. kind of need some detail/greeble to mesh with any collection that isn't hardcore Sunbow animation. I would absolute buy one if they did a blue (preferably dark and desaturated blue with with a light grey instead of white or silver) Guardian/Sentinel redeco though because, it would have the old school transformation/aesthetic which would make it stand out from Siege Omega Supreme while also having a bit more height/bulk in robot mode and a smaller rocket (I'm not sure how the tanks/drones compare but I'm guessing about the same length and Gabriel's being slight a bit less wide.

I'm not going to lie, whatever Devestator I finally end up liking enough to purchase will be Devastator 99.99% of the time as Earthrise Scorponok (once I get my exchange in 2022 form EE) will be fighting The Ark and the Decepticons need something to stop Omega Supreme (those are the only 3 Titans/Citibots that I have and no gestaults, all be choice). It's just not the same though when you don't like the way the individual robots look so you essentially merge for the kill once and it's OMG please just stay merged and try not to get hit hard enough by an attack to get knocked apart or worse, have Rumble and Frenzy stop you from even merging like they did that one time in Astrotrain (FFS the entire Constructicon team was stopped dead in their tracks by 2 micro-cassettes). For clarity, they're not terrible looking or anything, they just aren't my thing.

• Like Like x 1
  14. volatus

volatus Cat Herder

15. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Would've ordered Lift Ticket last night if I hadn't passed out from exhaustion. The Selects line has been cooler than alot of WFC proper. The XTB recolors look neat but I don't think that strategy works quite as well at 3P prices.

16. volatus

volatus Cat Herder

17. IronSites

IronSites Obviously A Definitely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  18. volatus

volatus Cat Herder

They're supposed to be the Omnibots, I think. Camshaft, Downshift, and Overdrive.

• Like Like x 1
  19. IronSites

IronSites Obviously A Definitely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh I see! I recognized the sculpts but the new colors threw me off.

• Like Like x 1
  20. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They are based off diaclone color schemes

• Like Like x 1