The Big Bad Toy Store New/Restocked/Shipped/Preorder Items Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by UnicronFTW, Aug 5, 2011.

1. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

Snippy, snippy. We should make sure to do our level best not to address each other in the future. (I'll at least do my part.) You and I have issues when it comes to BBTS (and lately, business in general) and I think it's better if we just pretend the other is on our ignore list.

No one likes how fast the prices are rising, but it's not going to get any better, either. 2023 before the backlog is well and truly over and done with, per most "in the know" estimates from CEOs and dock managers. I'd say they're right on the money. With 60 ships drifting off the coast of California and others docking in Mexico and having their items trucked across the border, it's pretty bad out there. That takes time and money and they're going to want a return on their investment of both. Hopefully, it'll level out and prices will stabilize and stick for a while.

TBF, though... Prices were climbing long before the pandemic, this merely gave them a legitimate excuse this time. How we went from $125.00 Titans to $170.00 Titans in less than a decade is beyond me. When POTP Predaking hit $160.00 in 2018, I knew we were going to have problems paying for these. It's gotten ridiculous.

As for losing interest, it's not just you. It's not just the prices. A lot of it is mental and emotional for all involved. We've waited so long for these updates to come along that we thought they'd never come and we got used to it. Now, they're here and we don't know what to do with ourselves because it's a sign that the end of the road is coming for our collecting. We've finally bought and rebought everything we possibly could and it's time to move on for some. Others will keep their collections but stop buying, etc.

Plus, age. We're just getting old and tired and there's nothing wrong with that, it's life and it's normal. Happens to all of us. And with that, I'm done. Peace.

• Like Like x 1
  2. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    It wasn't intended to be snippy. I don't have a problem with you. I honestly wonder if you have me confused with another poster/conversation because that "I know you had a small business but you don't need to be on watch all the time" that started this cold war came out of nowhere.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  3. volatus

volatus Cat Herder

"Snippy, snippy" means he's snipping the post out, I think. Not that he's implying you are being snippy.

4. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    The "let's ignore each other from now on" suggests otherwise. We used to get along great and then one day this cold war started. I'd have to look it up, but I think prior that "on watch" comment, I had been trying to steer clear of these arguments for some time. The last genuinely snippy comment I posted was something to the effect of "sure, have Hans Blix send Hasbro a strongly worded letter about delays." That comes from deep frustration with the position of powerlessness the little guy is always put in whether working for themselves or others.

5. volatus

volatus Cat Herder

In text, it's very easy for people to infer much greater enmity than anyone actually intends. As a bit of an austismo I encounter it quite a lot. I'm not saying you guys aren't getting along poorly, just that I guess I'd rather see people looking for the more clement interpretations in the interests of repairing divides like those and getting along better. Being right often costs a lot and profits nothing. And, I dunno, I guess I think most of the people around here have a lot to offer one another, even if spats and disagreements like these do occur. When I grew up, people could have an argument and trash on each other a bit and be friends 5 minutes later. In the online world that definitely doesn't seem to be the case anymore, where everyone is quick to utilize or suggest utilizing the ignore button very very quickly. I sometimes wonder how people have anyone left in their lives, with that sort of approach. :) 

• Like Like x 2
  6. Bluetigatron

Bluetigatron sickass robot and kickass mecha fan

Instagram:
    Pictures were finally added to the listings, seems they figured out the new wave 4 plan
    Screenshot_20211001-155006_Chrome.jpg

7. volatus

volatus Cat Herder

For some reason they still aren't confirming that Slammer and Pipes are NOT in the wave case. :}

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bluetigatron

Bluetigatron sickass robot and kickass mecha fan

Instagram:
    Their slowing fixing the new waves listings, so I'm sure it'll be fix soon too :}

9. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    But you do have a problem with me. You and Ramberk Magnus have taken to ganging up on me in this thread, pages, and pages ago because I made negative comments about BBTS and how they handle their business as of late. You two took turns going after me again and again because you just had to prove me wrong and you right on how business works and so on.
    Look at the post you quoted, I said nothing about you having a small business in it, nor did I bring up your business at all. I said "You and I have issues when it comes to BBTS (and lately, business in general) and I think it's better if we just pretend the other is on our ignore list." That's what I said. Twisting my words into something that wasn't said in that post isn't something that fosters goodwill with me and makes me want to stay in the conversation. I'd think you'd feel the same way had I done that to you.

As for a cold war, you call it that, I'm not. I still think we should just pretend the other doesn't exist.

I have to say that's unfortunately not true. I was indeed implying he was being snippy. He and I don't get along much anymore. Especially in this thread.

"I know that." tends to come across as snippy when you're basically responding to my post after the back and forth we've had in the past in this thread. If you take a step outside of yourself for a sec, you can see why I might lean towards it being snippy. You'll say you can't and that I'm wrong, but that's to be expected I guess.

I wasn't trying to be right. I was merely pointing some things out and I should've stopped myself because for whatever reason, in this thread, he and Ramberk Magnus just don't like me posting a single negative thing pertaining to BBTS and I don't like how they've treated me in this thread. I don't see what's wrong with just ignoring each other and carrying on with life. No one's blocked, no one's angry, no one's arguing, it's a ceasefire of sorts and we go on our separate ways. I don't think that's much to ask, really. EDIT: Heck, this time I was defending BBTS. If you look at it from my point of view for a second, I can't win either way. That's part of what bothers me.

As for utilizing the ignore button, I don't do that often. I recommend it often, but don't use it nearly as much as I make it seem. Ignoring people without using the button is perfectly fine as well. People just want to be heard (I'm guilty of that, sometimes) and no one actually has to listen. We impose ourselves upon others and that can lead to trouble sometimes. So, I offered the ignore. I won't address him in this thread, anymore. I would like the same of him, I don't think that's a tall ask. We seem to do okay outside of this thread.

10. volatus

volatus Cat Herder

Boy can I ever empathize with that. I'm not ashamed to admit I'm a bit of a shut-in with no real IRL friends to speak of. And uh, with current events going as they are, I don't really see that issue improving anytime soon. Well, the issues between you guys aren't really my business and aren't really on-topic for this thread, so I'm going to leave it alone.

I sometimes want to call it "Big Boob Toy Store"

upload_2021-10-1_20-48-41.png

• Like Like x 7
  11. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    Do you have any idea how often they'd sell out if that was the case?!

• Like Like x 2
  12. IronSites

IronSites Obviously A Definitely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They know how to market their front page pretty well sometimes :lol 

• Like Like x 2
  13. Jmaster99

Jmaster99 Well-Known Member

I consider anyone I talk to online a friend, though that makes it a not very exclusive list

• Like Like x 3
  14. Aleydarogue

Aleydarogue Oh Hi!

Volatus, ya gonna pick up Optional Girl when she comes out?

15. volatus

volatus Cat Herder

Refresh my memory on who that is? I only own a single "booba" figure, I like to look but don't really foresee spending money on them, lol.

16. Aleydarogue

Aleydarogue Oh Hi!

reduced-image_18327_4_1622595194.jpeg This one.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Aleydarogue

Aleydarogue Oh Hi!

Was thinking bout picking her up myself.

18. volatus

volatus Cat Herder

• Like Like x 2
  19. Aleydarogue

Aleydarogue Oh Hi!

Oh mai lol

• Like Like x 1
  20. volatus

volatus Cat Herder