The Big Bad Toy Store New/Restocked/Shipped/Preorder Items Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by UnicronFTW, Aug 5, 2011.

1. volatus

volatus Cat Herder

"New Arrivals" and "Featured Pre-orders" are "slug lists" which means they don't access or display the usual filter options.

You can instead view every product on the entire website by entering a blank search, sorting by "new and popular", and then applying other filters such as "Transforming Figures", but I have noted that some items don't show up in this view, for reasons I can't explain. So I am stuck using the "slug list".

2. Whistle Rymes

Whistle Rymes Well-Known Member

That's pretty frustrating. And weird that certain things won't show up when you'd expect them to.

3. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Still have a DNA ironhide kit PO with these guys And others are already in stock at other sites... kinda thinking I may just go to those sites at this point.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Maxxion

Maxxion Well-Known Member

Aha, I was afraid of this. My Chatter order went from delivery today to 'Pending' with no new delivery date.

Gotta love FedEx, this is two in a row now that FedEx has had a weird delay with delivery.

5. ArkinDotWav

ArkinDotWav Self Proclaimed Star Saber Backer #555

News Credits:
    FedEx is always consistently at least one day late with almost all my packages (my last two have been exceptions one showing up on the initial estimated date, and one that showed up today, a day early).

I've come to just always expect my packages a day or two after they say it'll arrive. Makes things easier.

6. MonsterMash

MonsterMash Well-Known Member

Since people pay $500+ for some of the FT stuff on the secondary market. FT just wants a piece of the action.

• Like Like x 1
  7. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I shipped a couple items out of my POL a few weeks ago and they circled the black hole for about a week before finally moving on. I clicked ship on the rest of my POL last Thursday...they left BBTS on Friday...arrived at Osseo early Saturday...and they landed on my doorstep on Sunday. I couldn’t believe it. I think it’s the luck of the draw...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Wayne EHP

Wayne EHP Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    My Chatter has seemingly just disappeared almost a week ago. Screenshot_20210621-222945_Chrome.jpg

9. Sixshot666666

Sixshot666666 Ninja Consultant

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The story of bbts, this happens and then they penalize you for cancelling preorders

10. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Wait, there’s a penalty for something as small as a $25 kit?

11. SelectedLime375

SelectedLime375 Luna1 Matrix Magic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Sometimes preorders get filled out of order and some people think this is a penalty for cancelling items.
    Edit: So they actually did do some kind of fulfillment reordering before and even mentioned it in their FAQ at one point. Sounds like they stopped doing that temporarily and took it out of the FAQ.
    There actually still a section in the FAQ that mentions determining the preorder fulfilling order using an algorithm.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  12. SectorStar

SectorStar Knightcron

My Kingdom Galvatron came with the shoulder error, but its not a huge deal to me as its easily fixable if you just flip them with how the joint is as long as you don't mind the pins showing. Not a huge deal to me at all. Nice that I have a Ractonite now that didn't break on me like my first one either.

• Like Like x 1
  13. shadowbug

shadowbug Well-Known Member

Scorponok DNA kits finally coming in...just got the processing soon emails.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Same.
    Really looking forward to these.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Sepster

Sepster Well-Known Member

Me too!

16. volatus

volatus Cat Herder

Same. I'm really excited for these, even though I don't have Scorponok himself yet. I feel like the kits will end up being harder to get.

In my opinion, "pin-front Galvatron shoulders" will come to be recognized as the mark of a proud early adopter. :) 

17. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    We don't "think" it. It was on their FAQ at one point. People, here, confirmed it with their customer service. They apparently dropped it for the time being due to the pandemic and people not being able to fulfill order payments.

I don't know why this keeps coming up as though we're assuming things or making things up. At one point in time, it was a real issue.

• Like Like x 2
  18. volatus

volatus Cat Herder

People are doing their best to characterize and understand what they see, despite only having limited, anecdotal information.

If anyone from BBTS cares to dispel the rumors, they could come and post in this thread. Given what a great customer service track record they have with me, I am willing to take them at their word. The problem is that we don't have their word on this issue to use as a reference. Therefore, hearsay and rumor dominate the conversation.

19. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    What's telling is the response from the customer service agent. They keep using "don't" as in the present tense, and they don't address the past. (They won't address the future, either, because if they say it's coming back it might repel customers.) I guess someone needs to directly nail them to the wall with a Q&A about their past use of such a system.

20. SelectedLime375

SelectedLime375 Luna1 Matrix Magic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Sorry, I missed that. I haven't really read their FAQ. I've updated my post. I think most of the confusion comes from that information being taken off their FAQ and newer information from BBTS contradicting it. So if you didn't know about it before then it'd sound odd to suggest. That and it sounds like it was more complex than just cancel an item, get put on a short list. I'd done all of the things people suggested could get you on the list and never had consequences so that's part of why it seemed odd to me.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021