The Big Bad Toy Store New/Restocked/Shipped/Preorder Items Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by UnicronFTW, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Evil Warrior of Talking

News Credits:
    Same here, I really love their customer service and shipping options, but I done being on a list that there appears to be no way off of where my preorders don't get fulfilled till 6 months after the figure released.

I've started doing a lot more with TCP.

• Like Like x 2
  2. flik68

flik68 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm tired of it too. I'm thinking about switching too

3. ArkinDotWav

ArkinDotWav Self Proclaimed Star Saber Backer #555

the American eagle dude and the female orc builder set for march are the only two I still have ordered. I previously got three others but ultimately decided that, although I like them, I don't like them enough to get more than maybe two more, mostly due to just how expensive they are, so I had to choose which ones I kept carefully.

I don't collect too much outside of TF to begin with, so Pulse should be more than enough for me to get what I want, especially since they've started their partner exclusive stuff (granted I missed out on Firefly and the Cobra Viper Trooper when they went up thanks to work).

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bakarina

Bakarina Well-Known Member

Saw SS Sideswipe was in stock at $32 and was on the fence as I didn't have him but that was almost double what a deluxe retails for. I checked ebay real quick and he's going for $100 and immediately added him to cart but then when I went to check out it was sold out. =( d'oh.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Legion9186

Legion9186 Well-Known Member

Do you think that they track you in this "list" by email address, address or payment method? maybe by creating another account with a different email address you can get out of that low priority fullfilment hell

6. MonsterMash

MonsterMash Well-Known Member

They had this on their website at one time but I can't find it there now. They stated they used a "complex algorithm" to determine fulfillment of preorders when they didn't get enough stock in to cover all preorders.

I'm sure canceling orders plays into their algorithm.

7. Sixshot666666

Sixshot666666 Ninja Consultant

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If there is a list and that’s why things take forever. So I’m cancelling items I find elsewhere cuz they take forever, creating a self sustaining cycle of never bothering to order at BBTS and only cancelling

8. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

It’s a weird solution to the problem. ‘You cancel too often so we will make sure your product takes longer to get to you.... which causes you to cancel more often. If anything they should get the product to the people who cancel a lot quicker, so they don’t have the chance to cancel.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Jmaster99

Jmaster99 Well-Known Member

this I agree with, or remove the chance to cancel based on a fulfillment rate/needing to call in case you really do need to cancel for financial/personal reasons

10. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

I will say, their cancelation policy is VERY generous. It’s amazing you can have something sit in a pile of loot for you for 85 days and then cancel it. You only get store credit back, but still.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Autobot N

Autobot N Seibertronian

Yeah, it's worth it in my eyes. It takes a while sometimes, but I know I'll get it eventually and I can cancel if I find it somewhere else for cheaper.

12. comfytron

comfytron Well-Known Member

Funny you all are mentioning the “list.”

I actually spoke with BBTS customer service last year during the peak of the pandemic because I had to cancel several orders due to financial issues, and I was worried it would affect my more important orders getting fulfilled. A very understanding representative told me that the store wasn’t taking order cancelations into account for fulfillment at all during the pandemic out of sensitivity for customers.

Im not sure if that police is in place at this point in time, but it really hammered home the reason I like shopping there so much. That and the fact that they even have such a generous cancelation policy. It’s on par with Amazon in terms of convenience.

Good store. It’s worth the extra wait. Screw it.

• Like Like x 9
  13. SelectedLime375

SelectedLime375 Luna1 Matrix Magic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Interesting to hear the list sounds like it's actually a thing. Curious as to how it works given I've had to cancel stuff before and still get things in when everyone else does. I wonder if ordering more offsets it.

14. Jmaster99

I think fulfilling more offsets it, but I am beyond fixing that on my end

15. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Probably not news (and self-evident given the date lol) but Studio Series 86 Kup just switched from an April release date estimate to May.

16. rikaldomario

rikaldomario Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's probably not gonna happen, but if anyone here has Digivolving Spirits 07 MagnaAngemon on preorder and wants to cancel it, please let me know because I'm interested in it.

Digimon Adventure Digivolving Spirits 07 MagnaAngemon

Alternatively, if you want to sell it also LMK :) 

17. Jmaster99

talk about a line that didn't even get a proper cancellation, I wish they had at least continued the 8 characters and any main series from there, but yeesh. I know the pain and hope you best of luck

• Like Like x 1
  18. rikaldomario

rikaldomario Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Its highly likely its been stealth cancelled, but with the 2020 anime going on with basically the same characters, I'm still holding a sliver of hope that at least getting Zudomon, Lilymon and Garudamon. The last one even got a painted prototype ffs!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Nemesis Baser

Nemesis Baser Rei III is so my mood

News Credits:
    As a person outside of the US, BBTS is my go to store. I have only cancelled like 3 items, because miracoulasly, my country got some stock. The other options just seem, to me, to have more expensive shipping and not great customer service.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Jmaster99

how long does it take a preorder arrival to process payment, I just got something and yeah