The Big Bad Toy Store New/Restocked/Shipped/Preorder Items Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by UnicronFTW, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Legion9186

Legion9186 Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Pretty disappointed with this shadow ban information, I usually place pre-orders with them but since they take so much time in getting their shipments, I usually end up buying the figures at HasbroPulse or other retailers then cancel with BBTS or I regret placing a pre-order and just cancel it. Moved all my pre-orders to TCP.

I'm going to test something, I will create a new account with BBTS and see if that somehow removes me from the "list", I guess that they track people in this list not only by email address, maybe shipping address or payment method credit card or some kind of unique id from paypal.

2. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ah got it, thank you for that information. I'll have to keep that in mind then. I usually don't order much from BBTS unless they're the last ones to have it, or they got something old in that I missed.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SurlyJ

SurlyJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I never heard of this shadow ban but it explains why my POs haven’t been coming in, I cancel stuff constantly

that’s certainly annoying but I get it and I was always surprised that I never got dinged in the past for cancelling so much. But I really do use it these days just as a backup.

• Like Like x 1
  4. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Okay with prioritizing loyal customers but it should be part of normal policy not shadow policy. And there should be known ways to get off ban list. No biggie since I’ve stopped placing preorders with them since they started charging tax on top of higher prices.

• Like Like x 1
  5. GabrielV

GabrielV Well-Known Member

I've thought this "shadow banning" was happening for some time, but...

Didn't they used to promote their easy cancellations as a customer feature? I could have sworn they used to promote their "no hassle" cancellations.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Autobot N

Autobot N Wants a Legacy Sunstorm

This depends on where you are in the US. I only use flat rate and routinely get my packages within 3-5 days of shipping

• Like Like x 3
  7. GabrielV

It's not so much the time the carrier takes to deliver the package. It's the amount of time BBTS takes before they get around to shipping it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Hey, good lookin' out. That's a substantial price difference. Thanks.

9. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After seeing about the "shadow ban" I went to see just approximately how many of my preorders I have cancelled and was a bit shocked because it does appear that I have cancelled a good amount of preorders but the majority of those were late 2018/early 2019. Also since Hasbro Pulse went online I have opted preordering Transformers their instead; still use BBTS for Star Wars preorders as Pulse usually sells out before I can order. Anyhow going through all the orders I made on BBTS, I realized that MotU Origins Scareglow is in my PoL, which incidentally was a preorder I thought I cancelled.

10. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They used to. Sad ain't it?

See below...

This. So slow.

11. A300600ST

A300600ST Minibot Propaganda

Twitter:
    Decided to preorder these boys today
    604C0AC9-6176-4F38-A894-4632E22450B8.jpeg
    it’s strange how the price fluctuates on other sites, I wish I knew how it worked lol

excited though, since these two are probably two of my favorite characters - wish they would put them back in a show or something though :inquisiti 

Last edited: May 5, 2021
  12. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Also after going though all my BBTS orders and while this may not be the correct forum to ask this, does anyone know when the heck the Thundercats Ultimates Wave 2 and Wave 3 are to be released? It feels like I have had those on preorder for over two years now.

13. Deca

Deca dragged back into it

Would they have nailed me for this if I cancelled my very first order placed with them?

I have a lot preordered with them currently since I started collecting again last fall, but I'm still waiting for any of it to come in. SS86 Grimlock was the one thing that made it to my POL, but I ended up cancelling it for store credit due to my local Target having it significantly discounted. I've been wondering why I'm still waiting on all the rest of my SS86 preorders when a local friend of mine who preordered after I did had his fulfilled...

I suppose I can understand why they would do something like this but it really rubs me the wrong way, especially since I communicated directly with them throughout the process. I've gone out of my way to support BBTS in spite of ridiculously late stock arrivals and higher prices just because I felt better about it than giving money to big box stores or Amazon, but I'm going to have a harder time justifying it if this is really what's going on.

• Like Like x 1
  14. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    There are some few usability changes I'd like to see them make.
    1. Let me search past orders.
    2. Let me export past orders.
    3. A wish list or "saved for later" functionality so I can keep track of stuff I can't check out with right this instant.
    4. Ability to reprint notifications. That really pissed me off last year when Comcrap got me blacklisted from BBTS's mailer and nobody could figure out why.
    5. Your fulfillment score. I rarely cancel, so it doesn't affect me, but it would be good for some of you that don't know why your orders seem to be sitting. Even better would be if they showed something like "ship the next 10 items without cancelling to remove the penalty" so you could take corrective action.

Last edited: May 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 12
  15. SelectedLime375

SelectedLime375 Luna1 Matrix Magic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I don't think one preorder would do it. To me it sounds like a thing they do if your "record" shows you're more likely to cancel than not. I've had to cancel big orders before, have a couple times I find it in store first, and have canceled for store credit and I still seem to get things at the same time as others.

16. 2fabdad

2fabdad Well-Known Member

I’ve never had a problem with BBTS

• Like Like x 1
  17. GabrielV

I've never cancelled anything after it had hit my PoL. My only cancellations have been pre-orders which are still some time away and which I haven't been charged for yet.

18. Sepster

Sepster Well-Known Member

For most of 2020 this was absolutely true. I will say however, that the last two POLs I shipped (one on 4/14, one on 4/28) were sent out in less than 24 hours of the request. The first one was delivered the next day, the second one was delivered in 3 days. Definitely hoping that is a trend that continues.

19. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've canceled my fair share of preorders from BBTS but last month my POL of 10 items/ $450 of toys shipped within 1 business day and arrive in 3-5 days using the cheap shipping. Granted, I don't generally preorder stuff that can be found at B&M stores from them and still have $1200 of preorders remaining.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

I cancel quite a bit of stuff and don't feel like my account has been affected in this manner. This happens a lot now with Star Wars Vintage and Black Series. Hasbro has developed an annoying habit of announcing 2 or 3/5 of a given VTC or BS wave. Individual preorders go up on Pulse, Amazon and BBTS. But among those, only BBTS puts up an order for the full wave/set, with unknown/mystery slots that have yet to be announced. I'll order the announced new ones and the set so if the unannounced ones turn out to be repacks or otherwise undesirable figs, I can ditch the set and keep the singles. If the mystery figs turn out to be something I want, I keep the set and ditch the singles.

I preordered the Kingdom Leader set/2 when it was BW Megs and an unknown figure. Since it was rumored to be an Optimus repack, I also preordered a single BW Megs. When that turned out to be the case, I ditched the set/2 and kept the single BW Megs. If the mystery leader had turned out to be something new I wanted, I would have kept the set/2 and ditched the single Megs. I'll occasionally cancel something that's already been in my pile of loot for a while for store credit. But this is almost always so I can immediately order something else in stock right away that I decided I want more.

Several times, I have seen complaints from people about their POs taking so long when it's sitting in my POL. I've been a customer for over 20 years at this point. I order a shit ton from them with POLs routinely hitting 4 figures. If there is some cancellation shadow ban going on, there must be other factors involved. Not just number of cancellations but the ratio of the number or dollar amount of those cancellations to your total activity.

• Like Like x 1