The Big Bad Toy Store New/Restocked/Shipped/Preorder Items Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by UnicronFTW, Aug 5, 2011.

1. TheDecepticon

TheDecepticon Resident Asshole

News Credits:
    Im a very loyal customer, but if my initial preorders of Seacons wave 1 arent honored, it'll be the last time BBTS gets my business.

But fwiw, ToyDojo hasnt listed the new wave yet either.

2. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 Fra-gee-lay. It must be Italian!

News Credits:
    Damn. You just put it in in my brain that BBTS might not honor my wave 1 Seacons (or even get any?).

Welp, just added all 4 Seacons to a stack on TFSource for free shipping and as a Plan B. Maybe I'll just get all 6 from them.

I'm going to reply to BBTS email that even TFSource has wave 2 up.

3. TheDecepticon

News Credits:
    I spoke with customer service via telephone a few weeks back and was assured my preorders were valid....for whatever thats worth....but im concerned.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think I'm going for Pulse preorders, now. This is incredibly weird of BBTS. Lately, though, they've been dropping the ball a good bit. CS not fixing an order for one guy, while fixing it for another (same item), lack of communication, mysterious responses and no preorders going back up, etc. I have to wonder if Pulse and Hasbro have something in place that BBTS can't get around. I wonder if BBTS lost Hasbro direct offerings or something. It's incredibly odd how far behind everyone else they really are. I'm guessing it could be that they go by boat because they order so much overstock or something, but something's not quite right since their site reboot and change in service. I mean, pre-order cancellations can boot you from getting served??

Yuck.

5. Superhans

Superhans TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My Trypti and Shattered Glass Prime shipped. Fingers crossed.

• Like Like x 1
  6. MonsterMash

MonsterMash Well-Known Member

What is this supposed to mean?

7. Agent Prime 2814

Agent Prime 2814 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I cancelled my wave 1 seacons once pulse added them. The whole removed and never relisted was awfully suspicious. I also am not happy my warbotron whirl has taken 9 days to ship and i chose the upgraded fedex service. They really are making it hard to stay with them.

8. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's a rumor that BBTS will de-prioritize your orders if you frequently cancel preorders with them, and it's not entirely unsubstantiated. BBTS has been doing weird stuff for a while now.

9. HunterGreen2005

News Credits:
    BBTS just got back to me about the Seacons minutes ago via email and good news. :) 

-Looks like they are just waiting for Hasbro to give them the green light to put them (wave 1) back up, and also wave 2 and future waves.

-Hasbro initially asked them to take wave one down because Hasbro wanted to start them as Pulse exclusives/wanted to change something about the listing/change the release date.

-BBTS mentioned since they are showing up on other sellers (i.e. TFSource), BBTS should be getting the green light very soon and just waiting for confirmation from the manufacturer (Hasbro) and to keep my eyes peeled.

• Like Like x 3
  10. TheDecepticon

News Credits:
    Except wave 1 has been up for a month on other retailers and many are already sold out

11. HunterGreen2005

News Credits:
    TFSource and Agesthreeandup still has wave 1.

I think it was just Pulse that had a cut off date.

12. SectorStar

SectorStar Knightcron

My last couple orders were pretty obnoxious too. Hit ship on my POL on a weds, and didn't "ship" (shipping label was created) till like tues of the next week. As I said the other day with my botbots blickpack in stock. I hit ship yesterday when I got an email saying it was in, and today it shipped. I don't remember the last time something shipped so fast from them. Granted maybe it has to do with popular items that just came or if you had a large POL, but still. I'm done with the $4 flat rate thing though. I didn't really have to have my items sent to me as fast as they can. However with my last few orders when I checked the tracking and seen that sometimes the package pretty much just rode around on a truck in the same city for 3 or 4 days in a row before leaving the city for the next....thats a bit ridiculous to me. Assuming nothing goes wrong I'm expected to have my package on weds.

13. deusxanime

deusxanime Well-Known Member

I don't think that was a rumour. I'm pretty sure they came right out and said that during their redesign/revamp.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well there you go, if it's straight from them then that's that. Pretty sure they don't have anything specific about it in their FAQ.

15. ziltama

ziltama Lurks, mods, molds, and casts

News Credits:
    That sounds about right these days. I get packages faster from overseas than them.

16. Icefire90

Icefire90 Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    That explains a bit for me

17. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

Ebay:
    it doesn't explain it for me. i preorder and cancel pretty often from them whether it's changing my mind or i find the item earlier somewhere else and i still get my orders from them in 7 business days from the day i hit ship till it's at my door.

i'm opening a box from them right now that i hit ship on 08.28 and even with monday's holiday it got here quick.

i really don't experience these horror stories you guys seem to love telling.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

I cancel a lot too if I find it in store 1st. Ill buy it at Walmart and cancel bbts. I'm still waiting for Springer to drop and gave up on the reflectors I had preordered and got them from Pulse.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    I think the degree at which you'd need to cancel to get worse treatment is pretty high. If you cancel 20 preorders or items in your POL every month for six months without paying for anything during that period, I imagine that'll do it. As long as you're actually buying stuff from, it makes sense not to treat you badly. Though, I'm just guessing.

• Like Like x 4
  20. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

Ebay:
    that would make sense