The Big Bad Toy Store New/Restocked/Shipped/Preorder Items Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by UnicronFTW, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

I agree it was probably at one of the sorting places. Probably a collector who works there that knows the logo or just someone that saw toy store.

• Like Like x 1
  2. 2fabdad

2fabdad Well-Known Member

I had a similar think 7 years ago with yugioh cards. Someone at the post office was over religious and opened and trashed the cards and resealed. I ordered changed to amazon and eBay sellers with generic packaging. You should have reported it ASAP. It’s a felony to tamper with the mail. They should act swiftly to remove the thief... cameras everywhere in the USPS system. UPS not so much

• Like Like x 3
  3. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    You're absolutely right, I forgot that felony charges can be leveled on someone for this offense. Also, who the hell does that to Yugioh cards? Come on!

• Like Like x 1
  4. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Good luck with that. You file with the postal inspectors and they put it on file. End of story.

5. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Head of Illuminati Chapter 517

News Credits:
    It depends on the post office, honestly. I've had issues in the past with packages being delayed/lost and when I've filed claims it is cleared up in a day. Now, I live right near a major post office hub branch so they take these things super seriously but still.

The biggest thing you need to do is take photos of the package before opening it if you suspect there is an issue. That way they can't claim you tampered with it.

6. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I cancelled my order from BBTS because I found a local store that sells is and the fact I've been waiting for 4 months for a package from BBTS and it still has not arrived. But now, I find out the local store cancelled my order due to shortage. After my experience with BBTS for the first package, should I bother going back to originally ordering from them?

7. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    No. I think you're going to have the same experience. This is still for Dengar right?

8. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    No, it's for a different figure. Power Rangers.

9. Blackdragon27

Blackdragon27 Well-Known Member

I shipped my loot on Thursday and it still hasn’t shipped. And it’s only two items. With the sales tax and now this I cancelled most of my preorders and went to tfsource. Bbts was my goto for everything but I’m kinda done with them for most of my business.

10. StrifeZ

StrifeZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    BBTS still processing 5 days later.

Looking forward to getting my box from them in March sometime.

What a complete joke they've become. I don't even know why I bother.

11. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    To be somewhat fair, we've been snowed over 3 of the last 6 business days. My 35 minute commute last Tuesday turned into 3 hours (I live a fair bit west of the BBTS warehouse, and they've been getting stronger storms than we have).

• Like Like x 3
  12. quickshift

quickshift Combiner Junkie

just so this isnt a complete bash fest, I've ordered several times from BBTS and never had any issues. Yes the processing typically takes a couple days, but as mentioned earlier , I chose the flat rate $4 shipping. I expect its not going to be quick. Plus I typically hit ship on Friday's so I add a couple days to the wait by my own action. Each transaction has arrived safely to my hands. I have gotten away from having things delivered to my door and instead have them shipped to me at work. I've watched too many porch pirate videos!! The routed to Walgreens thing is interesting......

• Like Like x 3
  13. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Impossible that an etailer would have to deal with real world problems like the rest of the world. Just ship my darn toys!!!!!

Did your package ship? Is your item still sitting in your Pile of Loot? If your item has shipped, have you contacted BBTS to see if they can look into where your package is?

• Like Like x 4
  14. StrifeZ

StrifeZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The problem with BBTS isn't that their "bad". They're still infinetly preferrible for TFSource and their zero-down payment pre-order system makes them the first stop "retailer of last resort" for pretty much anything. Their competitors, so far as I know, don't have a system with such no hassle pre order / cancellation system. That's the good part of BBTS.

Their service has been on the slide for years at this point. Processing is taking for longer. They're stocking products later than competitors. Mass market items command a far higher (and uncompetitive) premium compared to years pass. The added collection of sales tax since last year is another deterrent. And their sales? Some of them are absolutely laughable.

BBTS four years ago was the best retailer there was. BBTS today has precisely one saving grace, and that's the pre-order system.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TFSource has their order stacking system where you can place no-payment preorders and cancel at any time (and they don't penalize you for canceling like BBTS does). Not sure about Captured Prey or Chosen Prime.

16. vehiconjunkie

vehiconjunkie General

News Credits:
    I rarely use BBTS anymore unless for an exclusive item. Charging me tax along with SLOW shipping really pushed me away. Plus their prices gradually got insane.

17. Kenchanayoh

Kenchanayoh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The worry with TFSource is that having a preorder stack without a prepayment requires storing a credit card. Not sure if you heard about their issues with having data stolen, but this is a worry.

I don't have issues with BBTS. Their customer service always helps me out with defective parts or manufacturer problems. I had an MP13 issue where I opened it 2 years later, and the head was detached. They offered me a brand-new Soundwave head and neck assembly despite being an old order.

Other than being slow and having some items being marked up, I will still shop with them.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have heard of the TFSource issue, although I have never been affected by it in 10+ years of doing business with them with multiple cards on file. I feel that in an environment like this an issue like that gets blown way out of proportion, and made out to be a far larger issue than it really is.

And either way @StrifeZ was saying that no other retailers had that same function as BBTS POL, and that's just not true is all.

19. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Head of Illuminati Chapter 517

News Credits:
    You do get that very soon EVERY legit site will charge tax, right?

• Like Like x 4
  20. all are dead

all are dead Being a nerd is my game.

News Credits:
    Have you added a new card recently? That seems to be the TfSource issue.