The Big Bad Toy Store New/Restocked/Shipped/Preorder Items Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by UnicronFTW, Aug 5, 2011.

1. SectorStar

SectorStar Knightcron

Is it just me, or does BBTS seem to be getting real bad with shipping things in a timely manner the last few months. Usually when I got an email saying something I pre ordered is instock, I'd hit the ship button and by the next day it'd usually ship. I got an email saying my Big Convoy I preodered months ago was now instock on monday. Hit the ship button that same day. Its now four days later and still processing and yet to ship. The last couple months have been this way too. I get with Dec they're mighta been some delay with the holidays, but its feb now....not much going on the first few months of the new year....

• Like Like x 1
  2. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    Lately BBTS takes about 7 to 12 days to ship out. It's either that they're having issues with shipping materials or their warehouse manager isn't optimizing properly. Either way, it's out of your control.

• Like Like x 1
  3. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Probably because a ton of people hit ship when it came in. I hit ship on my last PoL the evening of Friday December 14th, it was shipped out that Tuesday and was a good sized PoL (2k worth, and included a BTAS Batcave and Batwing both in separate boxes for a total of 5 boxes) I received it Dec 22nd. I avoid shipping when hot items come in as you will have to wait a while.

4. ZeroBG82

ZeroBG82 Well-Known Member

Also keep in mind that they will have lost at least 2-3 days last week due to extreme weather. I'm a couple of hours south of them and EVERYTHING here was closed. No shipping, no trucking, not even regular mail service for two days. I imagine it takes a bit to get caught back up.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Optimugatron

Optimugatron Well-Known Member

I have consistently had 2 day shipping with them. They may have been slow to get my pre-orders in and I haven't had the best luck with their customer service, but their shipping has been pretty consistent, with me at least.

6. WildBill

WildBill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  7. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The shipping goes faster if you pay for anything above the $4.00 flat rate, which is FedEx SmartPost. It not only travels faster, but they make it a priority to pack and ship those faster than they do with the flat raters. It's nothing against the flat raters, it's just the prioritizing of higher paying customers (in terms of shipping methods) has to come first.

When you ship SmartPost, you're signaling to them that you're in no rush to receive your stuff, it's more or less called a "no rush" method on their site. (They use other terminology, but it's no rush, really.) If you're in no rush to receive it, they're in no super rush to pack it, especially when there are so many other customers, such as myself who pay for the extra shipping, thereby signifying to them "Hey, I'd like that asap. Please get it out. Thanks."

Some people do still have delays, even though they pay for the extra shipping, that's probably due to being a busier day or handling preorders, etc. Plus, they do ask for a 2-3 day window. I've used SmartPost with them, twice, for my wife's Pops. The first time took 10 days, this last time took 5. Most of the tenner was because they sat on it for nearly 4 days. I wasn't in a rush, neither were they.

Bottom line, as much as it sucks (and believe me, I've been there), you get what you pay for. Pay more, off it goes.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    I couldn't use their low cost even in the same country the idea of not tracked..... no thank you

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mr Megatron

Mr Megatron Retired edgelord

Ok so... I had the dna upgrade kit for ss megatron on preorder and they got it in stock yesterday and I was charged. They shipped it out today. So it only took them one day to process payment and ship it out (this is a first for bbts for me). Keep in mind I chose FLAT RATE shipping for this.

Meanwhile I was charged for the wave 5 studio series Deluxes on the first of this month, it has been on “shipment processing” for a week now. I chose usps priority for this shipment. I contacted bbts customer service and got the whole “our warehouse staff is working diligently during our business hours” spiel. I think this will be the last time I use them. That might sound dramatic but there are sellers on eBay who can ship out an order in hours and not days. Now the whole wave 5 is on Amazon with prime 2 day shipping. The only reason I chose a retailer like this is to get them asap. And now there’s no telling when this will ship out.

10. 80sforged

Ebay:
    Funny, I always do flat and have the two day turn around. I hit ship on Friday so the order is right there in the warehouse as soon as it opens Monday. Years of using UPS and paying 35-90 dollars for shipping... Yeah, going flat rate.

• Like Like x 1
  11. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

Ground shipping costs you that much? How big is your PoL? Shipping costs me about $13.

12. 80sforged

Ebay:
    It was back before the flat rate was re-introduced, I went with UPS, it was seven bucks to start then .90 cents a pound. I had a PoL build up over 5 months, and it shipping was 90.19. It wasn't as noticeable since they charged shipping as soon as the item came in to stock, so it wasn't like I got a massive shipping bill when I hit ship.
    So that flat rate was a godsend... I am shifting away from them now since I'm going to get charged sales tax... Just focus on stuff I can't get from TCP, NY, Amazon, TFSource, or Super 7 (when its cheaper)

That was quite the PoL though:
    Order Date: 05/02/2016
    Ship Method: UPS Ground
    Items:
    • FT-14 Forager
    • Power-Con Exclusive - Camo Khan
    • Power-Con Exclusive - Red Minicomic Beast Man
    • Pop! Animation: Bob's Burgers - Beefsquatch
    • Pop! Animation: Bob's Burgers - Teddy
    • Pop! Animation: Bob's Burgers - Buttloose Tina
    • Transformers Generations 2015 Volume 01 - Exclusive TAV Dogfight Vs. Decepticon Runamuck
    • Shuraking SRK-04 Blade
    • Weird Al Clothed 8" Figure - Weird Al Yankovic x2
    • The Walking Dead Exclusive Figure - Rick Grimes
    • Function X-10 Browning II
    • Batman The Animated Series Figure - Mad Love The Joker & Harley Quinn Two Pack With Book
    • Terminator 7" Ultimate Action Figure - T-800 (Tech Noir)
    • Transformers Generations Titans Return Leader Wave 01 - Blaster
    • FT-06D - Sever - Iron Dibots No.3 - LE 500
    • Transformers Unite Warriors UW-07 Bruticus
    • Transformers Unite Warriors UW-04 Devastator
    • Texas Chainsaw 2 - 30th Anniversary 8" Clothed Figure - Leatherface
    • Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Wave 01 - Set of 3
    • Pop! Animation: Rick & Morty - Rick
    • Pop! Animation: Rick & Morty - Morty
    • Transformers Generations Voyager Titans Return Wave 01 - Sentinel Prime
    • FT-15 Willis
    • Perfection Series PS-02 Liger Ocular Max
    • Robot Spirits MS-06 Mass Production Zaku II A.N.I.M.E. x2
    • MTCM-04C Vulcan
    • Transformers Generations Deluxe Titans Return Wave 01 - Blurr
    • The Walking Dead Exclusive Figure - Negan & Glenn Two Pack
    • Pop! The Vote: Campaign 2016 Road to the White House - Bernie Sanders
    • LG21 - Hardhead
    • LG22 - Skullcruncher
    • LG23 - Galvatron
    • MR-02 Rod Drill
    • MP-11T Masterpiece Thundercracker with Collector Coin
    • Transformers Unite Warriors UW-06 Grand Galvatron with Collector Coin
    • Robot Spirits MS-06S Char's Zaku A.N.I.M.E.
    • Robot Spirits MS-09 Dom A.N.I.M.E.
    • Legacy of Revoltech LR-028 Yuria
    • Legacy of Revoltech LR-039 Kenshiro Battle Version
    • Tamashii Stage Act: Soul of Chogokin x2
    • Batman The Animated Series Figure - Commissioner Gordon
    • Batman The Animated Series Figure - Ra’s Al Ghul
    • Batman The Animated Series Figure - Zatanna
    • Pacific Rim - 7" Ultimate Figure - Gipsy Danger
    • House of 1000 Corpses - 8" Clothed Figure - Captain Spaulding
    • LG20 - Skids
    • AL-01 Accessories Laboratory Upgrade Kit
    • Transformers Generations Titans Return Leader Wave 01 - Powermaster Optimus Prime
    • Transformers Generations Titan Master Wave 1 - Set of 4
    • Fear The Walking Dead 7" Travis Manawa Figure #03 Red Wave Color Tops Collector Edition
    • The Walking Dead TV Series 7" Rick Grimes Figure #01 Red Wave Color Tops Collector Edition
    • The Walking Dead TV Series 7" Michonne Figure #02 Red Wave Color Tops Collector Edition
    • MTRM-04 - Ironwill
    • Hades H-02 Thanatos
    • Transformers Generations Voyager Titans Return Wave 02 - Alpha Trion
    • Transformers Generations Deluxe Titans Return Wave 02 - Chromedome
    • Contra 7" Action Figure Two Pack - Bill & Lance Video Game Appearance
    • Transformers Generations Titan Master Wave 2 - Set of 4
    • Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Wave 02 - Set of 3
    • Transformers Unite Warriors UW-08 Computron
    • LG24 - Shockwave & Cancer
    • LG25 - Blurr
    • Transformers Generations Titans Return Leader Wave 02 - Soundwave
    • Gravity Builder: GT-01E Dump Truck
    • IF-EX16 - Pink Assassin
    • PC-12 Perfect Combiner Upgrade Set

Shipping: $90.19

• Like Like x 1
  13. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    35 to 90 that's how much it costs me to ship to new Zealand lol it's the main reason I've switched to Japan for toys as it costs 15 to 40 USD

• Like Like x 2
  14. gjcv1408

gjcv1408 Well-Known Member

I paid my pol early Monday morning and it finally shipped Thursday afternoon with delivery on wed. I still say this is slow. Amazon jp delivered in 5 days or less and that's with customs and distance from US .

15. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

Ouch.
    Still, I would never use the $4 shipping for that expensive of a pile of loot. That shipping level is bargain-basement service. Do they even offer insurance for that?

16. 80sforged

Ebay:
    It is insured, the only inconvenience is signing upon delivery. I usually have it re-routed to a Walgreens that isn't far from work and go pick it up there.

17. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They just seem slow PERIOD. I pre-ordered SS Prime and Bonecrusher back in December. They were slated to ship out in January. It's now February 10. I finally cancelled my pre-order and bought Prime from a seller on Amazon.

18. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

My last shipment shipped out fast but somewhere between them, FedEx and USPS someone opened it up and took the siege voyagers out. I took it right from the mail lady's hands and it had been retaped with scotch tape over their packing tape.

Bbts begrudgingly refunded me and told me no more and to ship to a safer location. Like really? I live in the middle of nowhere and I met the mail person at the door. My house is safe. I am so done with them.

19. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    That is beyond not cool. It probably wasn't BBTS' fault but I agree that you should stop buying from them. Their packages are too obvious so if a terrible collector happens to get his hands on your box during the shipping process, he knows essentially what's inside. It's especially bad if it were a BBTS employee but I doubt it as mail carriers typically shouldn't accept packages scotch taped together (although exceptions have popped up...). The fact that it was scotch taped tells me it wasn't anyone in the shipping department as they'd use the most available tape (packing tape). This sounds more like a delivery person or someone who works at a sorting center/local post office as they'd presumably have scotch tape on hand.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've gotten extremely quick shipping past few times. Might take a few days to get shipped out but it is at my house in 2 days. I'm in New York and they are in Wisconsin(?)

But of course what happens is I get the ship notice and then an item arrives into my new pile. Grrrrrr.