1. Of note - we are in the process of upgrading the site to use HTTPS / SSL. In that time, you may be logged in/out depending on what area of the site you are looking at. If you want to be logged into the forums, please log in via https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/login/. If you do that, you will not be logged in while looking at the front page. We hope to have this fixed within the next 24 hours or so.
    Dismiss Notice

The Big Bad Toy Store New/Restocked/Shipped/Preorder Items Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by UnicronFTW, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Optimistic Prime

Optimistic Prime Apparently, I'm a pessimistic person, it's a lie.

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    It was in stock and when I call them they say "don't worry it's coming soon" they've been saying that for weeks.

Here it is if you want it:
    Iron Deck Base & Background Panels (Grey)

2. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    It really depends if it shows as shipped in your account. Both USPS Parcel and Priority provide tracking numbers. I don't know about the other options but I really doubt whatever they use for $4 shipping does. BBTS has gotten a little slow to ship on the cheaper options but it's never been longer than 3-4 business days for me (sometimes they have to _find_ stuff in the warehouse). If it hasn't shipped, keep on them.

If it _has_ shipped, you have a problem. Their $4 option is super slow but not a month slow. Unfortunately, that class of shipping is like Homeward Bound, except with boxes instead of pets. In other words, a US version of Japan's SAL. Nobody knows where it is between them and you. Never ever use the $4 shipping option. It's not worth it.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Kazimir

Kazimir Well-Known Member

Just, for what it's worth, I always use the $4 shipping, since they started offering it. They do provide tracking numbers, as the $4 shipping is actually FedEx Home Delivery / Ground, and it's always worth it because my stuff gets here (Denver) in about 5-7 days, so not really any slower than before when I was paying more.

I just shipped a PoL last night, and it's processing now but once they have the label the tracking info will be there to view - I can even get text alerts for delivery - which I do to save the receptionist the trouble of bringing my package to me. I'd rather walk over and get it myself.

• Like Like x 1
  4. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    The $4 shipping isn't always any particular service. For some people it's FedEx SmartPost, which is FedEx dragging their ass for a week before dumping it on the post office for local delivery. These economy deals aren't great at updating status in realtime either in my experience.

I recommend against it because it's been a source of complaints since it was introduced for reasons that aren't immediately apparent. During busy shipping times, the priority packages fill the truck first because, well, priority. Your economy package might get bumped a few times before it gets to go. During slow periods, the service is better, but FedEx and UPS don't hurry to avoid cannibalizing their priority services.

For me, shipping larger POLs obviates the need for $4 shipping, but that also means I leave stuff sit in their warehouse for months, so the sense of urgency isn't there.

5. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    looks like MMC Roller is in stock at BBTS

6. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    When I do the 4 dollar, it's fed-ex all the way, but you have to sign for the packages. Lately I've had them re-routed to a Walgreens for pick-up since you can never predict when Fed-Ex might show.

7. Calabask

Calabask Waspinator Cultist

News Credits:
    I would try emailing them and being very particular about the details, BBTS CS never let me down.

• Like Like x 2
  8. SeiberBirdR

SeiberBirdR Sapienbot

News Credits:
    When I do the $4 it ships FedEx SmartPost. I get a tracking number that works while it is in FedEx and it is about 50/50 if the FedEx system updates with the USPS tracking number. Agreed that this shipping isn't the choice for a quick delivery. Thankfully I don't need quick delivery from BBTS so that is my go to.

As to it being a month since the item was bought and is in stock, there is definitely something wrong. That is too long. BBTS should have been caught up with the post holiday rush clean up a week or two ago. Agreed with sending an email, though I'm surprised they didn't describe the problem when called.

9. Kazimir

Kazimir Well-Known Member

Likewise. I have most packages delivered to work since there's a receptionist to sign for receipt and I can avoid the packages thieves that seem to be everywhere.

10. atomD21

atomD21 Well-Known Member

Fun fact, if it ships FedEx SmartPost, add a 92 in front of the FedEx number for the USPS tracking.

• Like Like x 2
  11. primeisboss

primeisboss Bearing the Matrix of Leadership

Does anybody know when Studio Series wave 5 is going to come instock?

12. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's shipping in Asia, now, should actually be on its way to the US as we speak. Might even be in warehouses on the west coast (guessing at that last one) shouldn't be too much longer. I'd say 3-5 weeks for sightings, possible saturation closer to 6 weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  13. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Woot, Siege Wave 1 Leaders came in today, looked like a partial fulfillment, still showing PO for the listing!

14. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

Ebay:
    mine too....just hit ship on that

15. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

Mine still one preorder.

16. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

Darn it.
    Still nothing. I’m getting frustrated.

17. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    It appears that all of MMC Inventa, FT Hoodlum, the DNA Predaking kit, MP09, and the TF DW Abominus kit are all en route to the US. My credit card might actually die if they show up at BBTS essentially simultaneously.

• Like Like x 2
  18. DesertDog

DesertDog dusty, but trusty

In the Alberta Rockies on my Triumph Tiger 800XC
    Good, I’m just waiting for MP-09 and the Predaking kit so my wallet will only have a mild stroke.

• Like Like x 1
  19. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i'm so glad I have nothing on pre-order that is supposed to come in soon.... I think I have one a month for 3 months starting in Feb though. But that's not so bad.

20. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sweet, been waiting forever for those Predaking & Abominus sets.