1. Of note - we are in the process of upgrading the site to use HTTPS / SSL. In that time, you may be logged in/out depending on what area of the site you are looking at. If you want to be logged into the forums, please log in via https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/login/. If you do that, you will not be logged in while looking at the front page. We hope to have this fixed within the next 24 hours or so.
    Dismiss Notice

The Big Bad Toy Store New/Restocked/Shipped/Preorder Items Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by UnicronFTW, Aug 5, 2011.

1. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    I just shipped a decent sized POL this afternoon after that Black Series Beckett figure finally came in stock. They had the bundle with Solo and the Rebel trooper in stock for several weeks but their inventory system wasn't smart enough to break it up and fill single preorders. This was my first shipment affected by the tax grab and it's irritating to see my "shipping/handling" bill double over it. Fuck every single lousy physical retail store for sucking so fucking hard that I was forced to buy 90% of my toys online.

On the other hand...I'm a little disappointed that they still haven't figured out resale exemptions 3 months after the sales tax change was implemented. Frankly, with impatient collectors cancelling orders left and right because they found it at Walmart first, I'd think they'd be interested in keeping orders like that if at all possible. In two weeks, they're going to force ship a few items I special ordered for customers, fuck me out of $50 in taxes, and lose that part of my business.

I want to believe they're trying but it really seems like they have a part-time programmer that just isn't interested. They implemented the tax grab quick enough but now it's too hard/confusing to bypass that part of the code? Then again, it seemed like they had that distribution ad up for years before they actually opened the program and then it was "send us a spreadsheet and we'll manually place orders for you" instead of a fully integrated system.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  2. StrifeZ

StrifeZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    BBTS really has gone full scumbag.

With the new Ultimate Marvel Legends Wave 3, you can order Jim Lee-era Professor X + Deadpool for $85 or Deadpool for $40. They are not selling Professor X by himself. You know. The figure people are super excited about. No sir. Only Deadpool and his Fucking Dog Mark XVII.

And this is why BBTS is only good as the pre-order of last resort anymore. It seems like aside from 3rd Party Addon kits and exclusives, there is no point to them anymore.

3. Zappit

Zappit Well-Known Member

It actually is available as a solo purchase...

Ultimate Marvel Legends Professor X

• Like Like x 4
  4. mrboshek

mrboshek Well-Known Member

I heard the case pack is Deadpool x2 and Prof X x1. BBTS might have actually busted up some sets.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  5. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 Technobot

News Credits:
    Amazon also has Professor X and Scooter available for pre-order singles.

$39.99 each straight up, free shipping/March 1st, no BS (BbtS?:eek: :p )

:rock :rock :rock 

Yes, cases are indeed 2x Scooters /1x X

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  6. Shinzero02

Shinzero02 Well-Known Member

Just note: Amazon doesn't give you a warning when they ship early.
    I sorta ran into that issue just last week with the Black Panther Legend Wave coming in two weeks earlier than they listed so it caught me between pays.

• Like Like x 1
  7. HunterGreen2005

News Credits:
    :eek:  $29.99 Paddles came in stock on 12/31... Just arrived today. And masterpiece-ey I might add. :)  Well, at least one heavy robot for sure.

BBTS product page:
    PX-07 Triton

IMG_5771.JPG
    Paddles comes with two swords... one for Grimlock, one for Paddles. :p 

IMG_5765.JPG
    Here's how Paddles scales next to the rest of the POTP Dinobots. o_O 

I just say Paddles is the muscles from Cybertron visiting Earth-616. :p 

• Like Like x 7
  8. LipSmack

LipSmack Well-Known Member

And Deadpool is over rated and most people seem to want prof x way more, so its good business sense to mitigate your losses

• Like Like x 1
  9. mrboshek

mrboshek Well-Known Member

Exactly, if I ever buy the Deadpool vespa it will have to be on clearance or a deep discount on Amazon.

• Like Like x 2
  10. AzT

AzT Azlaroc, Yeargroup 431 Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  11. HunterGreen2005

News Credits:
  12. Scourgatron

Scourgatron Heavy Metal Flamewar

News Credits:
    My Xavier moved from the 1st, to the 7th.

13. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Thanks to whoever dropped their CC Archive pilot Luke preorder. I picked that up with a Rebel pilot helmet, legends scale Red Alert, and Multiverse Joker.

14. Optimistic Prime

Optimistic Prime Apparently, I'm a pessimistic person, it's a lie.

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Not kinda relevant but I ordered something from BBTS about a month ago and I still haven't got anything. They keep saying "It'll be here soon, thanks."

Is this normal?

15. HunterGreen2005

News Credits:
    What did you order?

If you ordered it in-stock and hit shipped... you should've gotten a tracking number in like a couple days. A month would not be normal at all in that case but things do come up on their end with their suppliers I guess.

16. Optimistic Prime

Optimistic Prime Apparently, I'm a pessimistic person, it's a lie.

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I ordered 2 sets of backdrops and got no tracking number.

17. terintamel

terintamel Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    BBTS has all 3 MP Coneheads on sale for $99 each. Are they worth it?

18. Metroplex[IH]

Metroplex[IH] Well-Known Member

After fixing the Ramjet, I can say that for $40 he was a steal. He isn't my favorite conehead from a character perspective (that would go to Thrust), but he is a better expression of the mold than Starscream or the other in the trio, in my humble opinion. More clever and engaged. Would I spend $99? I'm debating it. But I also want the seeker mold to be redesigned as I think it is showing age and, generally, was never my favorite to begin with.

19. HunterGreen2005

News Credits:
    Also just got $40 MP Ramjet recently, haven't applied the fix to his shoulder yet, but he already looks great without it in his robot mode with that sick gunmetal Decepticon face and that overall wickedly weird/cool look.

All that sharp white, black, and red color scheme... it's like he's an evil penguin wearing a tuxedo. He obviously commands the respect of his peers and enemies with all that class to an intense degree. Hell, when I'm in the same room with him I kind suck in my gut a bit, fix my hair, and feel the need to change out of my pajamas. :eek: :p 

If you have the money and you're big fan of the coneheads and/or MPs, I would think $300 for the set is a deal, not a complete steal, but a nice deal. I don't have Thrust or Dirge, but I love my MP Ramjet at the moment and I'm happy with having just Ramjet in my collection. I would've been ok with paying 99.99 for just him even though the mold maybe showing it's age.

But just look how regal and proper my MP Ramjet is by himself, even with his mis-assembled shoulders and without his conehead brothers... :eek: 

...He has no fear even staring at a Mortal Kombat fatality from Greatshot's double ninja assassin swords. He clearly doesn't give a damn and nor should he. :p 

image2 (10).jpg
    Round 1, Fight!

:p 

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  20. Calabask

Calabask Waspinator Cultist

News Credits:
    Have you tried calling them? Where they set for Preorder? Or listed as instock?