The best way to accept ALL TF continuities is..

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by twiztidRodimus, Mar 29, 2012.

1. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

IMO the different continuities should remain separate entities of the same franchise. There's just so much out there.

As far as the movieverse is concerned, I do not agree with the comics and novels being labeled as canon. This really hinders the writing process for the films, and may prevent new and interesting material from being seen.

The comics and novels would serve a better purpose under a "what if" rule. Sort of how JJ Abrams Star Trek films are accepted as canon, but under an alternate reality that has no bearing on the TNG/DS9/VGR timelines.

2. fiire_dragon_88

fiire_dragon_88 Andimus Prime Time

The way I see it, Transformers has been a jumbled mess for years. The only straight continuity was G1-Beast Wars-Beast Machines. Then there was Headmasters-Masterforce-Victory which was it's own thing, Unicron Trilogy, Movie trilogy, and so on so fourth. I do however like the push now for a straight forward continuity starting with the High Moon Studios Transformers games leading into to TF Prime, even though to me they don't seem very connected. I think from here on out, excluding Bay formers and I guess rescue bots, there will be more of a push to connect the pieces.

Going back to the original post, I do, and have always excepted TF as a multiverse since I got into it. That doesn't mean I've liked all of the things that have happened, but I do give everything a chance, hell I loved Transformers Animated. Not so much on the Bay movies though.

3. Wreck n rule

Wreck n rule Well-Known Member

The concept of Alternities solves all conflicting time stream issues. And I like the concept anyway, so I'm biased.

4. Nemesis Liger

Nemesis Liger Well-Known Member

The best way to accept ALL TF continuities is... With a grain of salt?

S'much as I love it, the TF'verse has never been very cohesive with it's time line. Inconsistencies, plot-holes, and self contradictory material runs rampant, more often then not, which makes it difficult to merge the entirety of 25 + years of mythos into a conveniently compact fruit cake. For every new change of hands, that can and will happen, there is a new interpretation of an existing entity -- another reason I find it hard for it all to coexist in harmony.

Personally, I like each individual verse to stand on it's own even if I'm told otherwise by the Powers That Be. Some series that we get into obviously share a 'verse like the Unicron trilogy and a few nameless others, but I've yet to see how it can work for everything. It's an interesting premise that the events and characters all share the same history but then how does one explain the myriad of Optimus Primes or WfC and TF: P being one and the same?

5. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

It's been pretty much established OFFICIALLY that there are many TF Universes.
    I just choose the ones I like as opposed to the ones I could give two figs about.

6. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    No it's not. Beast Wars used a combination of ideas from the G1 cartoon and the comics.

7. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    its just that, and a good way to see an example is to watch TMNT:turtles forever, where the nature of the multiverse of TMNT stuff is explored

8. fiire_dragon_88

fiire_dragon_88 Andimus Prime Time

That can be argued I suppose, but that's the way I see it.

9. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I've always thought of it as a multiverse. I just tend to gravitate more towards G1 than the others.