The Best Transformers Video Game for a Transformers fan????

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Rizzlemus_Prime, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Rizzlemus_Prime

Rizzlemus_Prime Bounty Hunter

Hey I have Transformers (limited cybertron edition) the movie game on the xbox 360 its a good game for a Transformers fan but it gets a bit repetitive at times but I love it!!! What do you guys think of the transformers movie game? What do you guys/girls think is the best transformers game ever and what console?????

2. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    Go for the Armada game for the PS2, that's the best so far. The movie game I've never played, since I heard it sucks.... but the graphics are astounding.

3. Moonhawk

Moonhawk Well-Known Member

I hated the movie game - I had the PS3 version - only played it a couple of times and then sold it.

The controls were clunky and the constant cutscenes were extremely irritating. For example I think it is one of the first missions when you are fighting barricade - you get a cutscene, then the action starts - but you only get to land a couple of blows on barricade then you are in another cutscene......grrrr - just let me play the f%@#ing game!!!!!!! Some of the missions are poorly constructed. Again when up against Barricade - there is one part where you are told you have to get to the power station before him. Thats all well and good in theory - but what actually happens is that you are up against a timer. So even if you take barricade out and beat him to the power station - if you dont beat the timer you still fail the mission.

The best transformers game I have played is the PS2 Armada game. I have never watched TF armada in my life (being of the G1 generation) - but I found this game to be brilliant. It too has a couple of "interuptions" that get a little annoying (e.g. when fighting the helicopter con and he spins you around and throws you) - but on the whole it is a great game.

4. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    The Armada game is OK, not excelent but one of the best TF's related games produced.

The MOvie game is visually great but it's too easy and short.

5. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I loved Armada. I think I've tried every possible TF game, from the PC BW one to Tataki (or whatever), and they've all been pretty rough.

But Armada was fun enough, and if nothing else, the sheer pleasure of ramming a cluster of Decepticlones in vehicle mode and scattering them, then transforming and opening fire is wicked cool.

6. PanadynePowered

PanadynePowered Hyper Zoanoid

The only good thing in the movie game is the fact that you can transform. The levels and areas are horrible. Your weapons don't work on any of the bosses. Hand to hand attacks work sometimes, but mostly you just throw trees and stuff.

I don't recommend it.

7. joevill

joevill Well-Known Member

I have to agree with you on Armada, it was a lot of fun. The Movie game wasn't that bad, I really enjoyed it for the Xbox 360.

8. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Here's my ranking of TF games.
    Armada
    BW Transmetals
    TF movie game........and last and certainly least..........

Beast Wars for PS1

The movie game is pretty to look at, and sadly it has a better story then the movie but the gameplay pisses me off.
    The boss battle against Ironhide is damned near impossible.
    And Jazzes battle against SS and Blackout was insane! (and I must say a far better death for Jazz then the movie provided).
    Seriously....where the FUCK was Optimus when he was yelling in my ear, you 'have to stop Starscream and Blackout,' ?! He really should have said. 'but I'm not going to help you or anything, you're on your own sucker.'
    GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

9. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

If we're talking about the best Transformers videogame for a Transformers fan, it's not exactly a lot of choice you have. However, if you're just looking for a good videogame that will appeal to your Transformer appetites, we have a lot more options.

There's a Dreamcast game called Gundam Side Story. It's the best mecha action game I've ever played. It's essentially a first-person shooter, but you're forced to play as one of the "weaker" robots. This makes for an intense gaming experience.

Zone of the Enders 2 might also be to your liking. It's a solid mecha action game, it's guaranteed to make your heart pound, and one of the bonuses is that you get to play as a transformable Vic Viper.

There was also an all right Robotech game where you play as the Valkyries and can transform. It's not the best game out there, but it's worth a rental if you really want to play a game that allows your main character to change shape.

10. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    Have to go with Armada myself. I lost interest really fast in the movie game. Looks great, but doesn't have the fun factor Armada had.

11. buckmana

buckmana Well-Known Member

I have the one with the minicons. Sorry, don't know what it's called.

But (to me), it seemed too hard.

So I used a cheat code to get "more lives" to make it easier. And then it was too easy.

I managed to find enough minicons to open the bonus level, but the jetpack steering is awful. And where was that jetpack when I was gliding everywhere and missing my landings!

In the future, I may try to get the minicons I missed.

Personally, although it's doubtful it can be done, I'd like to play/recommend the G1 game. But I don't think it can be obtained outside Japan.

12. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James The JUICE

Like others have said, the Armada game is the way to go. I gave it to my Nephew for Christmas (along with my PS2), and he loves it.