The Best Introduction?

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by ScientistMan, May 9, 2021.

1. ScientistMan

ScientistMan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Which Transformers cartoon has the best first episode?

2. Necromaster

Necromaster FEAR ME MORTALS

News Credits:
    In my honest opinion? Animated starts with a bang and retains that level of quality throughout its entire run.

Beast Machines also opens on an incredibly strong note.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Arvegtor

Arvegtor Aerialbot

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    I would give the 1st place to Beast Machines, 2nd - to Superlink and 3rd to Rescue Bots. I guess being a sequel or spin-off to a preexisting series helps the first episode a lot, since many things are already introduced for it, giving it more focus on immediately important topics. But if we decide to limit selection to series that have no extra power to borrow, Car Robots would probably be the best pick.

4. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus has been found dead in Miami

I'm gonna say Prime. They set up the show really well IMO. The hype was through the roof back then, and it definitely had the potential to be the best TF show ever.

Most of my favorite shows actually had pretty rough first few episodes. BW started off with some rigid dialogue, Armada spent its entire first episode with the human cast and the next two were some of the absolute worst in quality of the whole show, and Cybertron throws you into the action immediately and had to shove lots of exposition into a few scenes. Animated's opening three-parter was solid though. Still giving it to TFP though. I may appreciate Animated more than Prime now, but Prime' Darkness Rising was just so good as a hook.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Shady boi

Shady boi Banned

Ebay:
    Cybertron. Or BM

6. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Thinking about it, I might have to agree with those that already said "Beast Machines".

• Like Like x 1
  7. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    As much as I love Beast Wars, it's first few episodes having every character call out Maximize and Terrorize to transform makes it real monotonous. Honestly, despite all the set up, the only real interesting thing that happens is Dinobot's defection. And my god, the first big stand off that is just "[Character name], [Maximize/Terrorize!]" is hard to sit through :lol 

My thought for the best introduction would probably be Animated. It just captivated me so quickly and provided such nice set up for the first season.
    Shout outs to Prime, for having an introduction that set such nice standards that the rest of the series was incapable of delivering, and Cybertron, for opting to use the intro as it's exposition dump instead of the starting episodes...Then proceeding to forget that it did that and dump exposition anyway.

8. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Brother Lombax

TFA

9. Mechafire

Mechafire Tarnished Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Yeah I'd have to go with TFA too. Hooked me immediately and set things up really well.

10. Smokeyoreo18

Smokeyoreo18 Has to wait 277 days till he can watch RoTB

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    TFA and TFP’s openings were great, but My absolute favorite would have to be Rid15’s opening. I absolutely loved seeing how cybertron was after the war.

11. HispasatBot

HispasatBot Well-Known Member

The first episodes of other Transformers shows I've watched are either lacking action or slow. But the first episode of Galaxy Force was great. While the Autobots deal with the black hole threat, two overpowered Decepticons come and make things even more difficult.

12. AStreetcarNamedWheeljack

AStreetcarNamedWheeljack Well-Known Member

I dislike Prime, but the first six episodes were a whole ass movie when you put them together.

13. PrimeSmokescreen 04

PrimeSmokescreen 04 Well-Known Member

1.Animated (Pretty much perfect way to open this series imo. All the characters are instantly likeable, it had just enough backstory to get me invested and excited to see where it goes, and Megatron was probably his most intimidating ever here.)

2.G1 (Admittedly, nostalgia probably factors into this one moreso than others... but the narrators introduction into the world followed by the fight scene with bumblebee, wheeljack and the seekers is just iconic and epic to me.)

3.Prime (The Darkness rising 5 parter is legitimately great and I think it does a great job establishing the world and the main cast to be expanded in future episodes.)

4.Beast machines (the opening fight scene hooked me instantly and I was really curious to see how cybertron ended up like this and how the maximals got reverted to their season 1 forms... sadly some of this has lackluster answers, but still a great opening episode.)

• Like Like x 3
  14. TF rocks

TF rocks Try and stop me!

Animated
    Cybertron
    Beast Wars
    Armada

Those are my favorite openings by far. Animated for obvious reasons. :lol 

15. godaiking

godaiking Well-Known Member

G1 sunbow