The best figure...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by thenatureboywoo, Aug 12, 2010.

?

What is the best figure out in stores right now?

1. Masterpiece Grimlock

40 vote(s)
    42.1%
  2. Human Alliance Jazz

14 vote(s)
    14.7%
  3. Leader Starscream

10 vote(s)
    10.5%
  4. WFC Optimus Prime

10 vote(s)
    10.5%
  5. Drift

14 vote(s)
    14.7%
  6. WFC Bumblebee

3 vote(s)
    3.2%
  7. Legends Ravage

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  8. Deluxe Ironhide

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  9. PCC Smolder

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  10. Voyager Sea Spray

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  1. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm seeing the term "best figure" thrown around alot lately. Seems like every time we get a new toy, it gets the "best figure" label. So I'm just curious, of the figures that Hasbro has released in the last month and a half, which is the best figure. In My opinion MP Grimlock is probably gonna take this, just curious to see who the runner up is. Thanks for taking time and voting/answering

I didn't put Animated Rodimus/Ironhide on the list as they have not hit saturation yet, and truthfully I just plain forgot about them :( 

Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
  2. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

Actually, I could care less about Grimlock. I'm going to go with HA Jazz on this one. Not my favorite figure released in the last month and a half, but definitely the best.

3. lord ginrai

lord ginrai D-list Decepticon

News Credits:
    I went with Legends Ravage. Sure, he isn't the best when it comes to engineering but he's the only one of that list I had to have. To me he's the best (read: most desirable).
    My runner up would be WFC Prime as I'm contemplating picking him up as well.

From an engineering standpoint and taking into consideration things like paint application and screen accuracy I'd think either leader Starscream or HA Jazz should win.

4. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I picked Grimlock, but I could've flipped a coin and been happy with the answer I'd get between him and Leader SS.

5. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Ok, I am going to identify this thread as asking for the "best figure", not the "favorite figure". To clarify, what I mean, is that there are figures I LIKE more because of who they are, but those are "favorite figure" subject to bias of character.

I am going to vote for "best figure", defined by how well it is designed and executed.

In my opinion, one of the best, is definitely Bumblebee. The transformation cannot have been any better. From a deluxe figure into a scout sized vehicle, THAT is the definition of a transformer, because it is suppose to deceive. He is TRULY more than meets the eye. The figure also is "complete" in a sense that, it has melee weapons, and ranged weapon.

And for a under 15$ price point? its the best value for your money.

I have the rest of Generations Wave 1, which are at that price point but, Prime's transformation is complex but not fun. Thrust is just another seeker mold. Drift is very nice in robot mode but lacking the "more than meets the eye" transformation.

6. rainningstorm

rainningstorm cheapskate@Cantonment

Drift.

What can I say? Hid the only one I have from that list.

And his toy is awesome.

7. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    I went for MP Grimmy, as he's the only one of those I plan on getting.

8. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    Grimlock.

9. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    Sorry but I would have to go with Thrust,as he is just flawless and so G1 accurate its
    unbelievable,but of the ones on the list I would say Drift,he is almost as good as Thrust but
    I am more a fan of the Coneheads.

10. blumpy2000

blumpy2000 PENGUINS CAN'T FLY!!!

Thrust, but of those listed I picked Grimmy.

11. Facemeat

Facemeat Give me your Face(meat)!

Where's Battle Blades Bumblebee? I haven't bought too many new figures yet, but out of the ones I have, I'd have to go with him. He's pretty much flawless from head to toe.

12. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

Voted MP Grimlock (surprise, surprise). It's the most popular of the bunch. Even casual and non-collectors alike are looking to score one for themselves. The G1 accuracy is totally there, despite the smallish appearance when compared to MP Prime or Megatron. Meanwhile, HA Jazz would've been my second choice.

13. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    IMO it's Drift. I love MP Grimlock but I've had the Takara version for over a year so the novelty has worn off a bit. Drift is just plain amazing.

14. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    pcc smolder because no one voted for him. but if he was up there i would vote for tfa rodimus.

15. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm on the fence with Grimlock, but mainly just for a budget reason. He is awesome, but so is that pricetag. He looks to be a Tax return purchase next spring. But it's interesting though to see a comment like "the novelty has worn off". I like the masterpiece figures, don't get me wrong, but since I got Skywarp, he just sits there. I don't fiddle with him nearly as much as the others. While they are great display pieces and the engineering is spectacular, they lack that "fiddleability" ( I just coined that word :lol  ) which is what I look for in figures.

16. jerryitus

jerryitus Transformer vacuum

Lots of good choices here (Drift, HA Jazz, Seaspray), but MP Grimmy has to win hands down. Only reason I thought twice is b/c he is not really a 'new' toy (I've had him forever), but since he is on the list...

17. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    MP Figures are a lot of fun but they are very time consuming if your new to the line. If your looking for something that takes 5 seconds to transform, MP figures are not for you. For the most part, i've got the transformations down so it really on takes me a few minutes to change them from one mode to another. The only figure I hated was Megatron but I sold him already because that figure was just terrible.

As for Grimlock, its easily still one of my favorite figures. I've had it for 6 or 7 months now and it still amazes me to this day

[​IMG]

My biggest problem is how to display him in dino mode. Sitting on his tail like Godzilla or the accurate way T-Rex stood all those millions of years ago.

18. lord ginrai

lord ginrai D-list Decepticon

News Credits:
    Taildragging FTW!!!!1

19. metrotitan

metrotitan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I had a tough time with this. Grimlock is the best figure, but for the price ($10), Drift is definitely the best value (there are just so many good things about that toy). I ended up voting for Drift.

20. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    Having just watched Godzilla vs. Gigan (again) last night, Godzilla mode all the way!