Heavy/Scratch: The Beast

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by DrOblivian, Jan 15, 2018.

1. DrOblivian

DrOblivian Mad Doctor jAmS

Not gonna go into too much detail on this one, it's pretty self explanatory. ill update if/when i keep going, just wanted to share my Blasphemous love for The Beast

using a Gobbomber helmet (which will be removable so it can still be used for godbomber) the face sculpt will just be an insert.
    beast head.jpg

beast.jpg

EDIT: including all other "important" updates with pictures below this line (go to their original posts for larger pictures.)

so this is just TWO of many attempts i forgot to photograph. still can't get any of them to my liking... might go with a different style entirely rather than attempting to emulate the comic look.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

#2 so have i said before that i fucking love construct-bots parts? (from the first waves) they are the literal BEST custom fodder ever. they use the same kinds of plastic AND the 5mm/3mm peg/handle/hole system that normal TFs use

anyway i've found the perfect way to mount the head to Grimlock's mouth now, no modifying needed!
    [​IMG]

this thing fits PERFECTLY into Grimlock's mouth, as if it were intended!
    [​IMG]
    it frictions in between the two panels at the back of this jaw like magic. better yet the fit is ACTUALLY perfect, it's TIGHT but no so tight that its causing any kind of stress and i am in now way concerned that this would cause damage over time.

also i think it might be magic, because holy balls i can lift Grimlock from it!
    [​IMG]
    LIFT HIM (i even shook it around a little bit this pic was hard enough to take so screw a video.)

better yet, as if it weren't sturdy enough.
    [​IMG]
    I can close his mouth around it no problem!

With his mouth closed around it i can lift the whole damn combiner from it with EASE.

anyway to the point i'm gonna be using one of these to mount the head on... figure i would share this weird coincidental black magic cuz i know people like to make flames and shit for the dinobots.... actually ill probably do that too at some point with another one.

(ill be using a black version of this part, just used a yellow how for visibility with the pictures)

here it is with a crude attachment for the helmet (i'll be using an actual ball joint after i modify stuff)
    [​IMG]

i've also decided i'm gonna kind do my own thing in terms of how he looks, im not going for a comic accurate anymore (outside of the head/face) and more along the lines of just how weird and monstrous looking i can make the base figures as they are without modifying them. so as such right now he's just REALLY tall and lanky, which actually fits pretty well.

If i'm lucky, by the time i'm done he'll be as tall as UW Devastator. Shit as of right now he already stands at 14.5 inches at the top of his head and i've barely done anything.

#3 just a little update. trying to figure out a way to extend his waist a little like the way it is in the comic, and also wings. because i'm insane. they are only held on with a little clay right now, it's temporary. but its a good idea of what i'm doing. decided to only use the tips of the predaking wings, the whole things were way too big.

[​IMG]
    the waist extension adds a good inch on his overall height. Turns out he WILL be taller than Devastator if i can get this to work.

#4 small update on the waist piece. again, Construct-bots parts are friggin amazing. (its ill i've used so far for this custom) i might have to hunt down a few more sets for just for custom fodder.

just a before and after, black peces are the same one of the left i cut off some junk and glued in those two bars.
    [​IMG]

same part just with a shaved down hubcap
    [​IMG]

Cut out the middle hole for comic accuracy and bam, nothing really "locks" per-say but once i put in the waist filler part and fold UP the normal volcanicas waist skirt on the back for support, it actually all hold in place really well, nothing moves and i don't actually "need" do do anything else, but im not quite done and every will hold even more solidly once i fish it. (grimlock remains entirely unmodified.)
    [​IMG]

#5 I have found the answer to all my facey prayers!!!

PRIME PREDAKING'S KNEECAPS!

fuck sculpting, i'm bad at it, but what i AM good at putting together pre-existing shapes. It's the actual perfect shape and i was amazed.
    [​IMG]

I mean come on! it's even got his little beard! AND a nose ridge!!!
    [​IMG]

thank god i have two cuz i broke the first one and made the mouth too big. however that was kinda the whole point of the first one. see exactly how i need to do it on order to make a good one. (anyone got a junker predaking/the kneecaps just in case?) i'm pretty sure i can do it this time without fucking it up, but you never know.

i should have a working head/neck by the end of the weekend i think if i don't get lazy.

also i did more work on the waist extension part thingy but ehh fack that, i found a FACE!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

#6 I MADE A NECK! it has the "poseability"

[​IMG]

the left side is where Grimlock's dino head will bite onto it and the left will plug into the 5mm hole on the back of the godbomber helmet from the inside. After that the face gets slid into the helmet to complete the head and Godbomber helmet remains completely unmodified and capable of still being used for Godbomber himself.

it's made of a Xevoz piece i cut in half and then stuck its ball into its own socket like a crazy person and some construct-bots bits superglued together.

And here's the head itself using the old broken face with the mouth that's too big, see? hes screaming in agony.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

does it look to high up? i mean there is only so much i can do and i wanted to make him tall, but i feel this might make it a little too high?

redid the neck.

all in all it sits a little more compact now
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

reinforced with epoxy clay
    [​IMG]

#8 quick update with pictures later. I accidentally killed a Slash last night in an attempt to take her apart (don't do it, not worth it) however it has benefited the beast as her arms are becoming the "neck arms" which means i am redoing the neck assembly once again but i feel this will be the last time.

NECK ARMS, neck is the same as the previous one honestly, just made room for Slash's shoulder ball joint.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 15
  2. The13Primes

The13Primes hot shot fanatic

News Credits:
    Oh god what have you created :lol 

• Like Like x 5
  3. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Pure Passion

News Credits:
    It’s truly terrifying no matter what form it takes.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Artork312

Artork312 The Robo-Chuvak

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    You're the bloody genius...

Attached Files:

• 07.jpg
      07.jpg
      File size:
      610.5 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 1
  5. King Glurch

King Glurch Guess that makes it “Queen Glurch” now. Hmm.

YouTube:
    Yes YES YES. I really wanted someone to at least try The Beast, but no one has even thought of a body for it. This is probably going to look great.

• Like Like x 1
  6. astrakhan

astrakhan Well-Known Member

Next you should add some spindly chest-arms that plug into the side 5mm ports.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Solis prime

Solis prime superionmaxsumus

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    oH mY GoD wHAt haVe YoU dONE!?! Over dramatic reaction aside, it looks really good for what it is trying to emulate!! nice!

• Like Like x 1
  8. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

Im not okay with how okay with this I am.

• Like Like x 7
  9. DrOblivian

i was actually thinking of getting a second Grimlock entirely to uses parts and such if i feel like going further with this. ill either do one of two things with that grimlock. customize him to permanently be in torso mode specifically for the beast, or cut him up into addon parts for the combiner to make it look "forced together" one such thing being like cuttintg out the arms AND ball joints from his backwing so that i can glue them onto some kind of removable collar

That is IF i can sculpt this damn face to my liking. what i posted was only attempt number 3 (the teeth are just paper i inserted into the lay because i forgot to sculpt them) ive gone through like 7 more since this. i can sculpt pretty ok, but once i get small my skills fall apart.

if i can get the face to my liking i might put a lot more effort into this whole thing. though at the same time i have a habit of starting things i never finish, hence why i look for the quickest and easiest way to do something that way i have more of a chance of actually finishing it...

as of right now The Beast will probably only consist of this face sculpt and come kind of neck assembly i can attach to grimlocks open mouth on top of alternate transformations for the combined mode, and that's it.

10. Dropkick

Dropkick Doktor

Google+:
    Oh god not this again.
    It's good but........
    *cue war flashbacks*

• Like Like x 3
  11. Mizzinno

Mizzinno Merc With A Mouthplate

News Credits:
    If you could figure out a way to use Slash for the spindly chest arms I will bow before you.

• Like Like x 2
  12. DrOblivian

i've already barked up that tree, the parts on Slash are such a weird shape, and also smaller than you would think. there is simply no good way to do it that doesn't compromise on something. and each of those compromises i've found im not willing to trade off for.

for example i could put her on his back and the arms could wrap around from the back and sit on either side of the neck, the problem here is that they are too small to be easily noticed and with slash on the back there is no room for swoop. would much rather have a spot for swoop than arms i can't see.

if i bother with the neck arms it will be because i cut them off a second grimlock and made a spot for them in the neck assembly i still need to make to hold the head in place. right now Grimlock's dino head is just kinda biting the back of the God Bomber helmet to hold it there, goal is to make a thing to plugs into the back of the helmet and into grimlock's lower jaw with a ball joint somewhere in between.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ACMagnus

ACMagnus Phantom Thief

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I'm absolutely terrified but extremely interested in this project. Even if this goes horribly wrong, it still reflects the Beast as a character :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  14. DrOblivian

I think having simply started it counts as "going horribly wrong" lol

15. DrOblivian

so this is just TWO of many attempts i forgot to photograph. still can't get any of them to my liking... might go with a different style entirely rather than attempting to emulate the comic look.

beast face.jpg beast face 1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  16. DrOblivian

so have i said before that i fucking love construct-bots parts? (from the first waves) they are the literal BEST custom fodder ever. they use the same kinds of plastic AND the 5mm/3mm peg/handle/hole system that normal TFs use

anyway i've found the perfect way to mount the head to Grimlock's mouth now, no modifying needed!
    part 1.jpg

this thing fits PERFECTLY into Grimlock's mouth, as if it were intended!
    part 2.jpg
    it frictions in between the two panels at the back of this jaw like magic. better yet the fit is ACTUALLY perfect, it's TIGHT but no so tight that its causing any kind of stress and i am in now way concerned that this would cause damage over time.

also i think it might be magic, because holy balls i can lift Grimlock from it!
    part 4.jpg
    LIFT HIM (i even shook it around a little bit this pic was hard enough to take so screw a video.)

better yet, as if it weren't sturdy enough.
    part 3.jpg
    I can close his mouth around it no problem!

With his mouth closed around it i can lift the whole damn combiner from it with EASE.

anyway to the point i'm gonna be using one of these to mount the head on... figure i would share this weird coincidental black magic cuz i know people like to make flames and shit for the dinobots.... actually ill probably do that too at some point with another one.

(ill be using a black version of this part, just used a yellow how for visibility with the pictures)

here it is with a crude attachment for the helmet (i'll be using an actual ball joint after i modify stuff)
    helmet.jpg

i've also decided i'm gonna kind do my own thing in terms of how he looks, im not going for a comic accurate anymore (outside of the head/face) and more along the lines of just how weird and monstrous looking i can make the base figures as they are without modifying them. so as such right now he's just REALLY tall and lanky, which actually fits pretty well.

If i'm lucky, by the time i'm done he'll be as tall as UW Devastator. Shit as of right now he already stands at 14.5 inches at the top of his head and i've barely done anything.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  17. ReximusPrimal07

ReximusPrimal07 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can you make me a resin cast of the beasts face sculpt when you finish?

• Like Like x 2
  18. DrOblivian

HA! That actually really funny i was actually thinking about it earlier. I dont know, ill have to see what kind of finished product i end up with.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Runose

Runose Active Member

Look at that abomination, how its eyes yearn for a the quick and merciful death of a bullet.

Now deny it that death, because this abomination is a thing of beauty.

• Like Like x 3
  20. DrOblivian

So here guys, have a few pictures to help understand that i want to do with The Beast. Aside from the neck and face. EVERYTHING is gonna be simply be alternate transformations, VERY slight modifications, and extra combiner kibble.

we must make him taller
    dinofeet.jpg

Taller i say
    knees.jpg

TALLER DAMNIT
    biglock.jpg

PE volcanicus.jpg

lapis peridot boi.png

The Beast is truly going to be beastly...

Im hoping that by the time i'm done, he'll be as tall, if not TALLER than Titanclass Devastator. He gon be allll legs, he's gonna be skinny and tall as fuck and weird and i think that fits The Beast pretty damn well.

Vocanicus doesn't fill the the need i have that comes from a dinobot combiner. The large intimidating "im gonna wreck you in every conceivable way because im the fucking dinobots combined." and Volcanicus just doesn't provide that feeling.

what he does provide is along that lines of
    "awww he looks like a buff little gorilla baby made of Dinosaurs"
    and that is unacceptable for a Dinobot Combiner.

IF I CAN EVER SCULPT A FACE I LIKE!!! FUCK.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 8