The Batman - Matt Reeves Directing and Producing

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Prime17, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    Though to be fair, I was maybe being a bit thin skinned and an MCU fanboy... and as a result, you never saw Kumil Nanjiani’s surprising new physique.

2. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Folks, I did some cleaning up of this thread and need to remind everyone of the following rules:

1. No Insults, Trolling, Flaming, Name Calling, Harassing, Etc.
    We will not tolerate insults, excessive profanity or throwing a topic off course. Use of racial, bigoted, sexist, or discriminatory terms or phrases is not accepted. Posts intended solely to antagonize others are not accepted. Keep topics/posts where they belong. Generally, “play nice”.

13. No Disruptive Posting or Flamebaiting
    Do not purposely post anything which will cause another member (or members) to react negatively. This is subjective. The TFW2005 staff will evaluate the trend of posts made by those consistently being reported or those that are repeatedly involved with arguments on the site. If their overall method or content of posting leads to staff attention repeatedly, we reserve the right to warn, infract and/or ban accordingly.

Those whose posts have been edited or deleted have been notified of the reasons for the moderating. The next staff actions will be escalating to infractions and/or thread bans if the undesirable behavior continues.

So let's stay on topic, guys, and engage in conversation without having to resort to disruptive insults, trolling, or flamebaiting. The Ignore option exists if you do not wish to engage with certain members of the forum, as well.

Thank you.

• Like Like x 2
  3. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    I’m ready to see him I’m suit. I’m really anticipating this movie. I know this film isn’t connected to Joker but I hope this film’s Gotham feels as dirty and gritty as Joker’s.

• Like Like x 1
  4. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  5. TLP

TLP Ain't No Chicken Wing

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 12
  6. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Id like to this being the same Gotham / same world as Joker’s.

• Like Like x 1
  7. TLP

TLP Ain't No Chicken Wing

News Credits:
    How could it not be? I'm hoping it's something that Todd Phillips can be convinced into accepting. (Even if we won't see Joaquin's Joker.)

8. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    THE BATMAN: Rumored New Details About The Basuit And Batmobile Point To A Grounded Take On The Dark Knight

A report from Batman On Film claims that Pattinson's Bruce Wayne will be solely responsible for his costume, an indication that it won't feature the sort of gadgets we've been used to seeing courtesy of Wayne Industries. Instead, it sounds like it could be cobbled together from his own resources, thereby giving it a very different look and an appearance possibly similar to Batman: Zero Year.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

As for the Batmobile, forget about seeing a tank or even a stylized vehicle as in the earlier Batman movies. Instead, it's described as being akin to a "muscle car."

As a prequel, Batman in this feature is expected to go low on tech, releasing on simple tools and his own wits. And a simple automobile may be less stylish, but enables more anonymity.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    They are certainly going for a different take on the character than the average movie goer is going to be used to. I hope it works out well for them.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    This is more or less excatly what I was expecting AND hoping for (costume wise), so I take this as good news. I can't take a billionth iteration still sportin' molded body armor with an oversized helmet head again.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Rodimus74

Rodimus74 Well-Known Member

So basically Batman as The Punisher.

12. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    For myself I'll miss the cool cars Batman makes and uses, but I'll wait and see what he actually uses and how it works out. He's Batman, his car will need some gadgets in it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Jochimus

Jochimus Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

It'd be nice if all this turns out to be true; a live-action Batman who DOESN'T potentially leave smarter villains like Nygma or Cobblepot (let alone any Wayne Enterprises employees looking to make a fast buck) asking "Where does he get those wonderful toys?" would be pretty awesome.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
  14. Galvatron II

Galvatron II I can type whatever here?

The actual BoF article implies they're taking things back to 70s Batman, not some street level reinvention. So made without anyones help really just seems to imply "Not halfway to Iron Man", the picture used for reference is the Year One suit. The Zero Year suit is post-apocalyptic urban scavenger Batman, it makes no sense for him to be running around in an outfit like that with full access to his billions of dollars and sowing machines.

Also, the muscle car remark is just saying "Not a tank". It'd be closer to Adam West or Tim Burton than Nolan's, I'm sure it would still be bullet proof and have a rocket exhaust and do all the things only a fictional car can do regardless of whether it's large or small.

Oh and the whole thing is just that guys speculations. He doesn't claim to have any source besides the "vibes" he's getting. It's pure speculation, and presented as such there, but literally everything about it got twisted into the most clickbait-y version of itself by the time Comicbook.com got to it. Now it's NOT YOUR DAD'S BATMAN, CONFIRMED BY OUR SOURCES AT BATMAN ON FILM!

In whatever ways this movie is different, and there's no reason to think this will be any kind of radical reinvention, by the way, I promise that it will still be recognizably, marketably Batman

Also this was just Colin Farrell going out for coffee. This is not a costume for a film. If anything, the haircut and facial hair combo might be relevant, but this was taken in LA, not London, where they're shooting right now.

The Internet goes nuts with Batman rumors, I swear

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  15. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Never thought I'd see the day where a Batman movie will go even more low tech and grounded then the Dark Knight trilogy which was already grounded to begin with but here we are. I'm now curious to see how this new "grounded" take on him will ultimately look like.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Galvatron II

Galvatron II I can type whatever here?

I'm fairly sure we're going to be deep into Movieland, they're filming locations in London for an American city to get that gothic architecture (even though no American city has ever looked like that)

17. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I like the sound of this

• Like Like x 1
  18. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’m liking what I’m hearing.

19. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    Woooow...

They are REALLY going all out to destroy this franchise...

20. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

I don't know. Not having McGuffin tech from Wayne Enterprise, dumping the plastic muscles, and Batman not driving a billion dollar tank... sounds to me more like they're saving the franchise.

It sounds to me like we're finally going to have a Batman film with Batman actually in it, and not just a guy cosplaying as Batman, calling himself Batman.

• Like Like x 3