The Batman - Matt Reeves Directing and Producing

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Prime17, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

2. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

Certainly better than Chloe.

• Like Like x 1
  3. deathzero23

deathzero23 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  4. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    She’s Deckard Shaw’s sister in Hobbs & Shaw. Her other most recent role was in Mission Impossible 6.

5. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    THE BATMAN Gains Oscar-Nominated DUNE And ROGUE ONE Cinematographer Greig Fraser

The Batman has found a cinematographer in the form of Academy Award-nominee Greig Fraser.

THR reports that the Aussie cinematographer, who was nominated for an Oscar for his work on Garth Davis' 2016 biographical drama Lion, will re-team with Let Me In director Matt Reeves to shoot the standalone film, which will star Robert Pattinson as a younger take on The Dark Knight.

Fraser's other projects include Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, Zero Dark Thirty, Vice and Foxcatcher. He is currently filming Denis Villeneuve's Dune.

"It’s great to be working with Matt again," said Fraser in a statement . "The Batman franchise is iconic and its a privilege to now be able to visualize it in my own way. Especially with the cumulative creative potential of all the talent and technicians we have in front of and behind the camera."

• Like Like x 1
  6. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    That's a great get, right there. Screw the glammy big budget Death Star Hole: The Movie or Dune stuff - it's the Zero Dark Thirty, Vice and Foxcatcher background that got my attention. That grounded style applied to Batman could be great. Not that Nolan didn't also do it, but that's the way I'd like to see things swing back to after the high contrast Snyder bullshit.

• Like Like x 2
  7. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
  8. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    The recent rumor is that Washington is considered for Two-Face.

He'd be the second black actor in the role after Billy Dee Williams in the Burton films.

9. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Technically Billy Dee Williams was never Two-Face in the Burton Films. Just Harvey Dent. He did however play the role of the villain in The Lego Batman Movie.

• Like Like x 5
  10. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  12. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it's an inspired choice for the role. I mean, whenever we get a look at Alfred's past, it usually affirms that he's pretty much a retired James Bond, anyways. So that just drives that point home even further.

I guess if you're stuck on visuals, then he's not dowdy as Alfred is usually portrayed. But this wouldn't be the first time we've seen Alfred visualized as being a bit "crisper". Beware the Batman gave us a far more cut and debonair look to the old codger.

• Like Like x 7
  13. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

14. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    But poor Brosnan.

15. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    THE BATMAN: BLADE Star Mahershala Ali Reportedly Met With Matt Reeves To Discuss Commissioner Gordon Role

Black Gordon. Curious.

THE BATMAN: Matt Reeves May Be Looking For A Woman Of Color To Play Catwoman In The Movie

It's said that the filmmaker's top choice/prototype for the role was Zoe Kravitz. However, her busy schedule means she was unavailable and Reeves may pick someone else.

Someone who can match Eartha Kitt!

THE BATMAN: Possible Plot Details Point To An Epic Murder Mystery Featuring Several Rogues

Rumor has it that the movie is going to revolve around a classic "Whodunnit?" storyline as the World's Greatest Detective investigates a series of strange murders. According to this new report, it's that which leads to the Dark Knight tracking down some of his most well-known Rogues in order to interrogate them.

BTW, Brosnan said he wasn't playing Alfred.

• Like Like x 1
  16. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So now im getting confused. Wasn't this movie supposed tto be a prequel to the current DCEU? You can't really cast a black guy for a prequel when he's white now.

Unless this is no longer a prequel....I honestly don't know anymore....

17. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    I believe it's been "confirmed" that it's not tied to the DCEU (anymore) after it all went to shit, and this will be the first of an entirely new stand-alone trilogy.

• Like Like x 3
  18. sifu74

sifu74 Banned

News Credits:
    So black Harvey Dent, black Gordon, black Catwoman and if they went with black Alfred then......rascism cause he would be a servant.
    I swear this is being produced by BET.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Galvatron II

Galvatron II I can type whatever here?

Harvey Dent was already Billy Dee Williams in '89. Eartha Kitt and Halle Berry were both Catwoman. Neither of these takes are new. The Joker's first live action portrayal was also Latino. It really makes no difference whatsoever except to better represent what a major east coast city would be looking like.

Gordon is a pretty prime candidate for a racial flip. There are pretty few Batman allies that would actually work in that context and Batman himself is American old money so he kind of has to be white. You can actually see this trend in the films all the way back in '05 when Nolan reworked Loeb and the mayor.

You could argue they should just introduce new characters to preserve the existing one's whiteness but A) in what world does it actually matter and B) Batman's supporting cast has be refined and refined over the years to be kind of perfect as is. Even as the Bat-Family itself grows the last new addition who's actually regularly involved in the main stories is, what, Damian? It would be weird to just shift villains around

• Like Like x 3
  20. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Which is weird because other upcoming films and planned sequels still are. And yet this and this year's Joker films will be outside of it. I can't help but think DC might confuse some fans who aren't familiar with the fact that DC usually has a multiverse going.