The Bashing thread (hardcore negativity warning)

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by loof, Jun 29, 2020.

1. loof

loof hungry AND thirsty for plastic

Welcome to the thread where we bash things. Bash em, trash em, rant and raive.

There’s no defending here, no buts. You support by liking or you stay quiet. Loud and proud or go home. No replies whining that you actually like that. You scream uncontested.

Enjoy it while you can, before it gets shut down because it’s too hard to regulate. Don’t get yourself banned using too many swear words to describe Twilight.

Have fun!:D 

• Like Like x 3
  2. dinobot1

dinobot1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is exactly what the Internet needs more of!

Also
    are people still upset with Twilight?

• Like Like x 4
  3. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

This thread will go well.

My guess, 5 more posts before the lock.

• Like Like x 7
  4. Wolfguard

Wolfguard Your own personal Jesus.

Absolute garbage. It turned cool things like Vampires and Werewolves from dark fantasy into teenie-bopper magic drama.

Also:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  5. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    The main reason why I don’t like the new Batman.

6. loof

Better get it going then!

The Star Wars sequel trilogy is @$$.
    They have this message of “The past must die”, except the movies are just the old movies with a freshly applied coat of cheap Wal*Mart paint.

The force awakens (from what exactly? The force fell asleep?) starts off with a poor young person on a desert planet. They get a droid or two that gives them a message. A guy from off world takes them away in a ship called the Milennium falcon after they run into white-clad Stormtroopers. They also meet Han Solo and Chewbacca after the latter two fail a smuggling mission. The military force the Stormtroopers belong to has a big sphere that shoots lasers and blows up planets. The heroes meet the rebels against the bad guys. The heroes go to the big sphere in order to exploit a critical weakness and blow it up. The old man/mentor figure dies to the black-clad bad guy with the red lightsaber. There’s a quick little fight and the thingie sphere goes boom. Now desert person is a hero and will be come a Jedi.

The last Jedi features basically the Empire Strikes Back, but jumbles up to make it seem different. So, in no particular order: The Star Destroyers find the rebel base and attack. The rebels escape in their ships and a lot are bye-bye now. The rebels have a base on a white planet. It is under attack from four legged bad guy walkers. They get badly hurt. Meanwhile desert person goes to train on green watery planet with old guy. They then come back and go in big grey thing and meet black suit bad guy. Bad guy asks desert person to join him, after a lightsaber battle. They decline and escape, but once again they’ve lost one of their number.

The rise of skywalker is a hideous abomination and also a rehash of, well, you can probably guess by now. The heroes go to a desert planet and find a friend. Lando is there. They have a little fight on the planet involving floating vehicles and some of them fall in a pit. Then, the bad guys have a new big gun thing. And also the emperor is here. An old friend character dies. The old guy who trained desert person is a blue ghost. The heroes do stuff on a green planet and then go into a big laser sphere called Death Star 2. There the desert person almost goes to the dark side, but recovers. Black suit guy gets redeemed. Palpating uses lightning and there’s a huge space battle. The heroes have to deactivate an emitter. Black suit guy sacrifices his life for desert person.

Thank goodness it’s over. See, those could just as well be OT descriptions.

The worst characters include:
    Rose Tico, AKA dead weight, a useless character that both dooms the alliance and forces us to watch space horses.
    Holdo person, who is a lesbian stereotype, who avoids doing or saying sane things, like telling your troops your plan.
    Finn, whose character slowly devolves into screaming “Rey!”
    Rey, who can do everything, including stuff that’s just frakking dumb.
    Kylo Ren, an emo whiner who throws temper tantrums and makes the audience not take him seriously.

In short, it’s a soulless cash grab, and it worked. They’re just the OT but flashier, edgier, and now with 70% more false female empowerment. They’ve got billions of dollars milking your childhood, destroying Lucas’ dream, and making terrible movies.

Phew, I finished.

• Like Like x 9
  7. Rodimus74

Rodimus74 Well-Known Member

Let this thread live, please!

• Like Like x 3
  8. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Shouldn't this be in General Discussion? Could be a catch-all thread, then.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Destron Enforcer

News Credits:
    I don't see why something like this shouldn't be allowed with all the 'praise' and 'appreciation' threads on here.

• Like Like x 7
  10. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    I don’t really see this thread going too far considering bashing on this forum usually degenerates to the point that we need to shut down threads.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Funny thing, I just got done watching the Twilight movies.

How do I know the Twilight movies are utter trash? Trust me, I've seen them six times. They're trash.

(It's a bi-yearly trade-off with the wife. She gets Twilight, I get Mythica or something else actually enjoyable.)

Though, to be fair, going into it knowing how cringe some parts are, you can pick out little moments here or there that are quite fun. Michael Sheen and Billy Burke top among them. Not to excuse the utter trash that the story is, the dialog is atrocious even for teen oriented drama. And even though my wife is a fan of them, even she has to call out certain lines as the absolute dumpster fire, bottom rung trash that they are.

"No one has ever loved anyone as much as I love you." <- That one sends her into a rage so violent she actually has to set down her drink before it comes up or she'll throw it at the screen.

The whole love triangle may be the worst hackneyed love triangle of all time.

You wanna know what's worse than Twilight?

My wife's listening to an audio book a few years after Twilight came out. I hear enough of it to get the general vibe and say, "This sounds like something somebody wrote that thought Twilight didn't push the idiot vector hard enough."

I find out a few months later it was written as Twilight fan-fic by a person that literally worships Twilight and thinks it's the greatest love story ever told. I was both proud of myself for recognizing it, and deeply embarrassed I knew Twilight well enough to see it instantly.

That audio book? Fifty Shades of Grey.

I managed to sit through all those movies with her too. Blech. WTF is wrong with me?

Wait, is this post turning into me trashing myself? Well, suppose it wouldn't be the first time. Hell, probably wouldn't even be the first time today. I am pretty lame.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Fc203

Fc203 Jazz is a Pontiac not a Porsche

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Disney star wars is fucking garbage, when i was a kid and heard that disney was buying lucasfilm i was instantly disapointed and stopped caring about star wars when the clone wars originally ended back in 2013
    The only great thing that disney made was rogue one and the mandalorian those are great and im not an original trilogy fan, the clone wars conclusion was great except those filler episodes with the sisters i wish they made that episode with boba fett and cade bane instead

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Netflix Castlevania.
    As an adaptation of the games, it’s awful.

As a show judged all on its own, it’s still awful. It has a few glimmering moments, where it makes you think it could actually be good, but then it just tanks all that goodwill.

It boggles my mind how it’s managed to get so much praise, except that people were riding the hype train of having a western show that plays at being “adult” without being a comedy like South Park or Family Guy or things like it.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

AMC (the channel, not the theater chain) in general - The Walking Dead is overrated and boring (oh yeah, "zombie apocalypse" is overrated AF) and my dad keeps bugging me to watch that show with him, don't really care for the movies on that channel or Breaking Bad as well

Twlight is utter garbage, the end :lolol 

• Like Like x 2
  15. loof

New Doctor Who is terrible.

If you're not up-to-date with DW, we're on the 13th doctor, with a new writer.

Offenses include:
    • The Doctor's personality changes wildly to fit the episode. If she even has one.
    • The companions are worse than a piece of cardboard with “karucter” written on it.
    • It retcons all of the story for the past 55 years, ruining the message that anyone can be a hero and replacing it with a sloppy “chosen one born special” archetype.
    • The BBC in general has become toxic towards longtime fans, shutting down harmless watching parties and outright insulting them.
    • They made an “epilogue” for one of the best 10th doc stories, where 13 rescues a girl trapped in mirrors by 10. Right thing to do, yes? But this is the reanimated corpse of a girl possessed by a bloodthirsty alien. Dumb@$$.
    In short, Doctor Who is ruined forever and no amount of firing innocent actors is going to recoup millions of lost viewers.

• Like Like x 2
  16. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy Tougher than Leather.

Most of Illumination Animation's films are garbage. Despicable Me was good, the Lorax had a deeper meaning (when you look deeper into the film.)
    Secret Life of Pets was, meh. Sing didn't need to exist. The Grinch was whack. Secret Life of Pets 2 was one of the worst animated movies I ever watched. Their movies are extremely safe, and they pander to extremely young kids and people who are "safe." The reason why Pixar and Disney succeed is because their for all ages. Anyone, of any age can appericate Disney. Illumination on the other hand is cheap and marketable. The worst part is they succeed.
    Their making a Mario movie, and a sequel to Sing... ugh.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    If all it took to take the teeth out of Vampires and Werewolves was one crappy teenage supernatural romance series then how much bite did they truly have?

Also, stealing your pic
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  18. Rodimus74

Rodimus74 Well-Known Member

I think the point of this thread is to bash movies and tv shows.

• Like Like x 3
  19. sideswipe3

sideswipe3 Well-Known Member

Nothing new but the CW is just awful I know everybody mostly agrees with this statement about the CW sucking. I only mention that network since I actually do like watching Supernatural. However, once that show is done I will never watch CW again with all those eye-rolling promos.

• Like Like x 1
  20. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

The last two seasons of Supergirl have been unbearable. The first three seasons weren't really all that great to begin with, but these last couple of years I can barely watch the show anymore.

• Like Like x 2