The Balance Project

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Prime Jetscream, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    So, with all the talk about "NERF THIS!" "NO DON'T" "STOP ASKING FOR NERFS" "WHY WAS THIS NERFED", I thought I'd make this "Balance Project" thread. Basically, we all argue and rant until we can think of a weapon/ability balance update we all agree on.

One rule-

DON'T complain about people mentioning nerfs or buffs.

Anyway, the Path Blaster needs some sort of buff. The Magma Dampener nerf was a stupid move and at least that should be reverted.
    I haven't tried the Flak Shield's Blastproof, but it sounds like it might be a little overpowered.

2. Decitron

Decitron The Heavy

The homing on the gear shredder is too good for the amount of damage it does. I've even seen it where the blades do a weird 90ยบ turn in mid air to hit me, and I've cleared entire flag rooms I couldn't even see into with a few of the full charged blasts.

The scrapmaker's cyberberoptics nerf was a bit obsessive, I think they should return at least half of the accuracy they took.

Fully agree on the magma dampener, that nerf needs to be undone.
    The EMP grenades still recharge a tad too fast.

Destroyers need some kind of ranged option that can't be dodged as easily as their other slow moving projectiles.

3. GRIML0CK

GRIML0CK I despise Optimus Prime.

I just think the game was perfect before this patch. I disagree with the weapon patches, but everything else i can make due.

4. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    Agreed, they made the wrong choices. I don't like how short the Energon Recharger lasts, too.

5. blur3479

blur3479 Movie Prime Apologist

News Credits:
    They should something with the destroyers eclipse rockets bcuz those things can tear thru people

6. itMFtis

itMFtis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Charge Rifle charges a little TOO slow now. Need to find a middle ground to where it was, and where it is now.

7. Decitron

Decitron The Heavy

That's sort of the point on those; they're REALLY easy to dodge at range but very damaging when they hit, making the Destroyer a very defense orientated class.

8. Crainy

Crainy Well-Known Member

Wat

9. Decitron

Decitron The Heavy

Yes.

10. Crainy

Crainy Well-Known Member

What is defensive about short ranged hyper powerfull missles seems to have slipped my mind, but ok....

11. ShadowXD

ShadowXD Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Energon Harvester needs a buff, maybe decrease the health re gain from it to balance it out like many people said?

12. Decitron

Decitron The Heavy

Well, they can't really be used on an aware enemy (or even an unaware enemy who's already moving about in robotform without a good bit of luck on your side) and can't be used on enemies who are too close without frying one's own shield and health... So going out and just shooting at dudicons and brobots isn't really the best idea (unless you find you're playing against the sort of player who doesn't quite get the whole "standing still in fire fights is a really bad idea" thing and you want to level up your destroyer)...

...BUT hanging back at the base and protecting the flag/ hanging out at the energon capture point marker hill marker... THINGS and the like work GREAT. I suppose if you want to do something more reasonably offensive, clearing camped enemies or bombarding objective rooms from a heightened position could be useful.

13. blur3479

blur3479 Movie Prime Apologist

News Credits:
    if you use reaper, and melee (shoot and melee, repeat) it feels exactly like it did b4 the nerf wave.:ev: 

14. LocoPayas0

LocoPayas0 El Payaso

Ebay:
    I believe the Slime Cannon never needed the speed nerf, the Charge Rifle shouldn't have be decreased to this extent, and that the Energon Harvester needs a slight DAMAGE boost.

15. vatarian

vatarian Archentrope, Black Needle, Suzerain of Metabolisms

I, for one think the weapons are fine the way they are. Except the Path-Blaster, which needs a range/accuracy buff