The Avengers Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Hiraga, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah, I like the feel of the plastic on the War Machine armor...it's a rougher material for a rougher armor.

2. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just a reminder to anyone wanting this version to check their TRUs because many of them seem to have gotten restocks of both Iron Man AND War Machine recently. If the lack of battle damage wasn't an incentive to get this guy than the interchangeable hands definately will be.

3. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    Yeah, you can clearly see and touch the difference between them both. That's why I like them so much.

4. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just got this figure, and yes, it is awesome. I love the interchangeable hands, and I really don't like the battle damage on the Avengers version.

My TRU had IM Mk VI, Hulkbuster IM, and Titanium Man, but there were no War Machines to be seen. I would've thought they'd be done shipping those figures out by now, since the Avengers line is going full throttle. Hopefully they'll get a War Machine in the next shipment and I'll be able to get one.

5. NICKBOT

NICKBOT Don’t be a jerk...

News Credits:
    Oh shit, I gotta find me that War Macheen.

6. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Leader Blackout LIVES!!!

News Credits:
    Somewhat related, found 3.75" hulk buster figure from iron man 2 in the $5 clearance. Pretty stoked, very cool figure. Also have mark vi and war machine, which I will be cleaning and painting them all up because the paint jobs are pretty bad on this line.

7. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, I've had the Iron Man Mark VI from the Armored Avenger line for awhile and he fits in perfectly with the Avengers. Hopefully we get more info at SDCC about when the "normal" Thor we saw at NYCC will be released and who will be released with him.

Assuming it's another wave of six figures (rumor is it WILL NOT be exclusive) I'd like to see:

1. Unmasked Captain America (prototype was shown of that before)
    2. Thor wearing vest
    3. Black Widow
    4. Agent Coulson
    5. Chitari Warrior
    Thanos

8. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Black Widow is one figure from this line that I don't mind paying top dollars for, assuming I have the full set from the first wave. And based on how tough it is to find wave one I have a feeling BW is just a pipe dream at this point.

9. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    If there is a second wave, I REALLY hope it's 6 figures not in wave 1, not exclusive (at least not to Walmart), and that Black Widow is included. Coulson would be fantastic but I really doubt it'd happen.

Also, the TRU near me has quite a few of the 6" Armored Avenger figures, including Mark VI Iron Man and War Machine. If anybody wants me to pick some up for them I would be happy to, in trade for 6" Avengers Hulk or Hawkeye if possible.

10. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I checked the tags at the Wal-Mart that I had previously found 6" Avengers at and they don't say "Studio Series" but "Mvl 6in Figures Asst" Is it possible that those pegs are for Legends and my store getting the Avengers in was just a fluke (though they did get at least 2 cases)?

11. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, the "Mvl 6in Figures Asst" is for the Marvel Legends. That said, how many pegs do you have at your store because this may be telling on if your store has done the remod yet. The newer mods only have two 6in ML pegs which are under two MU comic pack pegs. So, if your store has received these it could be one of those things where your store hasn't done their remod yet or it's possible that your store may have special ordered them at a customer's request as that is entirely possible to do at the store level even if they don't have those items on their normal mod.

12. G1Wheeljack

News Credits:
    That's pretty much how the pegs are set up, 2 Legends peg spots under 2 MU comic pack pegs. So it sounds like I'm not going to see these at my Wal-Mart at all, though the special order might be a solution. How would I go about that?

13. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Today I bought an Avengers movie metal lunch box. lol. They're available at TRU for $11.99, couldn't resist.

14. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Speak to either the toy department head or speak to someone at customer service desk and see if they can do one for you. If you speak with someone who actually knows what they're doing they should be able to help you out. You'll probably need product codes or a UPC or something though.

15. dragontron88

dragontron88 Your new Lord, & Master

Anyone with the Avengers 6 inch Wal Mart Exclusive Hulk able to take a pic of it with the Target Exclusive 6 inch Norton Hulk please?

16. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I went to a Wal-Mart tonight and, not terribly surprisingly, given my recent luck with finding toys, they had no 6" figures or any pegs for them. They did have the best TF selection I've seen in months, though, with a grand total of four different TFP deluxe figures and a few different DOTM figures. Of course, all the TFP figures were from wave 1 (no Vehicon yet), but that was better than the Target I went to tonight, which had 8 or 9 Prime Bumblebees and one DOTM Nitro BB.

17. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

I think I'm going to return my 6" Avengers Battle Damaged Iron Man and just use the Iron Man Armored Avenger Mark VI as a stand in.I could use the $16 on something else.

18. G1Wheeljack

News Credits:
    Thanks, I think I'll give that a try next time I head to Wal-Mart. I do need the UPC or product code, does anyone here know either?

19. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Anyone looking for a 6 inch Fury? If so I'm selling mine which is sealed for $24 shipped in the U.S, just shoot me a PM if interested.

20. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    HAHA! Found 6" Hulk and Hawkeye today! Now for them to release Black Widow and Mk7.